Did Aaliyah Edwards commit? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Did Aaliyah Edwards commit?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UCLA has landed Bessoir, Antsey and Potter and I believe they are done. Yes, all international players.
Yea I forgot about Antsey and Potter. UCLA 19-20 roster at 14 with 2 seniors they would appear to be done with 3 incoming.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCLA has landed Bessoir, Antsey and Potter and I believe they are done. Yes, all international players.

I should say done with W/Fs. They'd find a way to take Hailey Van Lith for sure.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yea I forgot about Antsey and Potter. UCLA 19-20 roster at 14 with 2 seniors they would appear to be done with 3 incoming.

Yes, that's right. So not sure there's room for Hailey Van Lith as things stand.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What does "in on" mean?

I had seen her connected to UCLA, but perhaps that's not the case anymore. Might be the same with North Carolina.

I guess you feel it's down to UConn and Maryland?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, that's right. So not sure there's room for Hailey Van Lith as things stand.
Chou is RS Jr and could do the grad transfer thing elsewhere.

Reaction Score
They have a walk-on in Eliana Sigal -- so they have one more scholarship. They were really tight on schollies, then Smith and Harris transferred.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I had seen her connected to UCLA, but perhaps that's not the case anymore. Might be the same with North Carolina.

I guess you feel it's down to UConn and Maryland?

I don't know. I do know UConn and Maryland were the only 2 schools who had staff travel to the AmeriCup games to watch her play. I don't know whether any schools visited her at home. I don't know if she has other visits planned. Playing in the AmeriCup games certainly pushed any planned visits in to October and possibly Nov. Also, her high school season is just beginning.

JS

Reaction Score
I have actually corresponded on the BY with a few parents of recruits-none that take anything written here serious enough to influence their decision.
Unsure if you mean on the board or by private message. Not a good idea either way.

Not to single you out, Coco, but we periodically have to remind people that they aren't authorized recruiters and shouldn't be, or appear to be, acting as such.

Only the athletics staff can engage in recruiting. That's one angle. The other is that we've always thought it best to assume all Boneyarders are "boosters" who need to stay away from recruits.

One can argue the definition of "boosters" (in NCAA-speak, representatives of the school's athletic interests). One can argue that the school isn't consciously using us as recruiters.

Best not to have to argue with vague rules that can rise up to bite you, depending on the circumstances.

We know some people have engaged in dialogue here (including on the board) with recruit parents or others close to the recruits without knowing to whom they were speaking.

Others have been well aware of the identity of their interlocutors, some of whom have been amenable to personal meetings.

We discourage any such communications, on board or off.

Once upon a time, I asked a Boneyarder to stop saying things on the board that indicated he was planning to meet Parent A, with whom he'd been corresponding off the board, at the game.

He took my advice to heart. So after the game, he posted: "I walked into the Civic Center and who should I run into but Parent A. We had a nice chat."

This attempted obfuscation of pre-arrangement and its implications, I had to point out, did not help.

Everyone, please be sensitive to this issue and refrain from the temptation to dialogue in any way with recruits or their families or other "insiders."

Reaction Score
I don't know. I do know UConn and Maryland were the only 2 schools who had staff travel to the AmeriCup games to watch her play. I don't know whether any schools visited her at home. I don't know if she has other visits planned. Playing in the AmeriCup games certainly pushed any planned visits in to October and possibly Nov. Also, her high school season is just beginning.

As much as I would hate to lose out on Edwards, I would hate it even more to see her talents wasted under Frese at Maryland!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As much as I would hate to lose out on Edwards, I would hate it even more to see her talents wasted under Frese at Maryland!
What I would hate as much is her going there and then, predictably, leaving after 2 frustrating years.

Reaction Score
Okay..,. and who is the English recruit that everyone wants but can never agree on what class she would be part of????

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
All you people who think that somehow a non-UConn affiliated poster to a non university affiliated website can/might run a foul of NCAA recruiting restrictions are out of your minds. You all give yourself too much credit for being WOKE.
You are incorrect. Check the definition of "booster" as used in those regulations.

JS

Reaction Score
All you people who think that somehow a non-UConn affiliated poster to a non university affiliated website can/might run a foul of NCAA recruiting restrictions are out of your minds. You all give yourself too much credit for being WOKE.
Not sure who here is claiming wokeness, or wokehood or whatever, or is (any more than most here) out of his or her mind, but this board does have a history of which you're apparently unaware and a policy that we'll insist upon.

Suffice it to say that an NCAA complaint was once filed by a rival school that consisted in major part of photocopied pages from this board, in which people talked about their recruit contacts. People (including board users and one member of the admin) ended up spending not-very-much wanted time with compliance officers.

We'd just as soon not go through that kind of thing again. And we'll monitor the board accordingly.

JS

Reaction Score
You are incorrect. Check the definition of "booster" as used in those regulations.
No specific affiliation required. For example it's generally understood to include, at least, anyone who holds a season ticket.

Moreover, the "institutional control" doctrine was cited in situations (games, receptions, etc.) that people have described on this board.

Better to just stay away from it. And we will.

Reaction Score
Not sure who here is claiming wokeness, or wokehood or whatever, or is (any more than most here) out of his or her mind, but this board does have a history of which you're apparently unaware and a policy that we'll insist upon.

Suffice it to say that an NCAA complaint was once filed by a rival school that consisted in major part of photocopied pages from this board, in which people talked about their recruit contacts. People (including board users and one member of the admin) ended up spending not-very-much wanted time with compliance officers.

We'd just as soon not go through that kind of thing again. And we'll monitor the board accordingly.

And what was the outcome of that ? Let me guess - NO VIOLATION

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unsure if you mean on the board or by private message.
Not to single you out, Coco, but we periodically have to remind people that they aren't authorized recruiters and shouldn't be, or appear to be, acting as such.
Everyone, please be sensitive to this issue and refrain from the temptation to dialogue in any way with recruits or their families or other "insiders."
I don't feel singled out, I fully understand that this reminder is unfortunately necessary. All the conversations started on the BY public board with posters whose BY handles "plainly" identified them as the parents off high level recruits. They posted something and I responded or they responded to some which I posted. Except for their BY handles they were just like any other poster to me.

Reaction Score
H
I don't feel singled out, I fully understand that this reminder is unfortunately necessary. All the conversations started on the BY public board with posters whose BY handles "plainly" identified them as the parents off high level recruits. They posted something and I responded or they responded to some which I posted. Except for their BY handles they were just like any other poster to me.
@CocoHusky i liked your response so well I used it twice. Integrity is you middle name. The Mods know that you were not singled out because every (from the BY) knows you know the rules --front wards and back wards of the NCAA. When one replys to an undefined poster there is no way that can be construed as an NCAA violation--

Reaction Score
What's with the attitude? Why are you screaming (in all caps)? Even though the ultimate finding was no violation, several people were put through a lot in the process. Why can't you acknowledge that? Being ultimately vindicated does not mean that being dragged through the mud is no big deal.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If UCLA were to snag both her and Emily Bessoir that would be quite the international haul.
My son lives walkable to UCLA. If you ignore little nuisances like earthquakes. wildfires and mudslides, its a pretty decent place to fall back on if UConn rejects you.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
tumblr_luhyslsPV01r317bvo1_400.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members