Did Aaliyah Edwards commit? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Did Aaliyah Edwards commit?

Reaction Score
Ha why else would she have privated her Twitter. Of course it was unwelcome.
Because NOTHING good can come from twitter! It is a place to express ideas in a world where 50% of people automatically disagree with you. I think she flew under the radar for a while, but last night people found out about her account and is just doing the smart thing!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But I'm sure she was bombarded. There's no shortage of brazen keyboard warriors who don't know how to respect boundaries.

Unless I'm missing something, Edward's account is not locked.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I’m talking about Paige’s mom.

She posted the picture at the top of the thread of the five 2020 ladies last night from Gampel and by this afternoon she made herself private.

Ah yes, she made it private, that's true. But I don't know what posting that photo would have to do with anything. She knew her account was public when she tweeted it, and it's not top secret material anyway. Just a photo of the recruits, and not the only one there is. She got a couple of tweets about Edwards and responded politely. I'm not seeing any issue.

Reaction Score
I’m talking about Paige’s mom.

She posted the picture at the top of the thread of the five 2020 ladies last night from Gampel and by this afternoon she made herself private.

I think you may be giving the Boneyard's influence a bit too much credit................I doubt that the majority of recruits and their family members are particularly concerned or interested with our recruiting inquiries.................

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Ah yes, she made it private, that's true. But I don't know what posting that photo would have to do with anything. She knew her account was public when she tweeted it, and it's not top secret material anyway. Just a photo of the recruits, and not the only one there is. She got a couple of tweets about Edwards and responded politely. I'm not seeing any issue.

I don’t personally find issue in it.

I think what stirred some folks up regarding AE was the caption, suggesting all five of them would be headed to UConn next year.

I think you may be giving the Boneyard's influence a bit too much credit......I doubt that the majority of recruits and their family members are particularly concerned or interested with our recruiting inquiries.......

My fear was more along the lines of people seeing it here then heading to twitter to DM her. I doubt she’s perusing the BY to make sure her tweets are/aren’t linked.

Reaction Score
It’s her comment causing all the commotion. One could easily infer from what she wrote that Edwards is part of ”UConn Women’s Basketball Class of 2024.”

Reaction Score
Only members of the staff can recruit. Anyone else promoting the athletic program can be considered a booster, by the NCAA's generous definition.

Role of boosters
So how does this work in the real world. Is a former player considered a booster ?
In another thread there is a picture of Pheesa working out with Jersey Wolfenbarger. Is Pheesa supposed to avoid talking about her college experience? This would seem somewhat unreasonable and difficult to enforce.

Reaction Score
So how does this work in the real world. Is a former player considered a booster ?
In another thread there is a picture of Pheesa working out with Jersey Wolfenbarger. Is Pheesa supposed to avoid talking about her college experience? This would seem somewhat unreasonable and difficult to enforce.

The meetings can NOT be arranged by the school! If Wolfenbarger saw Pheesa at the mall or went to a basketball camp where Pheesa was coaching, it is fine.

Reaction Score
The meetings can NOT be arranged by the school! If Wolfenbarger saw Pheesa at the mall or went to a basketball camp where Pheesa was coaching, it is fine.

In addition to the school, meetings (or calls) cannot be arranged by an ex-player for the purpose of recruiting. Hard to monitor everything but that is the rule. And at least it eliminates most of the more egregious violations.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It’s her comment causing all the commotion. One could easily infer from what she wrote that Edwards is part of ”UConn Women’s Basketball Class of 2024.”

Right. I thought about that when I saw it last night, and it's one of the reasons I posted the photo but not the tweet. My guess is she was just referring to the other four, not giving away inside info on a verbal.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sure, one can infer it, based on a surface reading. But common sense says otherwise. It would be a pretty egregious overstep for one commit's parent to put on blast another player's unannounced verbal.

Clearly she just wasn't being careful in her wording. Let's just hope it wasn't an annoyance to the young woman herself.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
No inside info but typically you aren’t going to hear before Tuesday/Wednesday. They need time to talk to family, notify coaches who recruited them etc.

CL82

Reaction Score
Only members of the staff can recruit. Anyone else promoting the athletic program can be considered a booster, by the NCAA's generous definition.

Role of boosters
Of course, serendipitous contact is just fine.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Of course, serendipitous contact is just fine.
Another contact that is permissible and often misunderstood is AAU affiliation. DT, Kia Nurse, and Candace Parker all have AAU teams which they sponsor.

Reaction Score
One of which Edwards happens to play for (Kia Nurse Elite).
With that being the case and the fact that Paige would be her point guard for 4 years I have to say that I like our chances.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's always just coincidence that former stars visit their former coaches on a recruit's official visit. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well people are always dropping by. That's how a family is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well, Paige's mom's account is no longer on private. I think this was much ado about nothing.

Reaction Score
Well people are always dropping by. That's how a family is.

It's like that all over. I would think it's rampant in football. It's normal for former stars to visit on home football weekends (when coincidentally recruits are on officials). And it would be normal for schools to schedule recruiting visits on homecoming weekends, when campuses are alive, and former women stars would be expected to visit their alma mater's. All that is "acceptable" but a former star phoning a recruit is a black flag violation?

Reaction Score
Well, Paige's mom's account is no longer on private. I think this was much ado about nothing.

Not nothing. The fact remains that not long after that comment was posted here her account went private. Something or someone triggered it, even if it was just unfounded concern. Is the comment that went with the photo still posted? I don't tweet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not nothing. The fact remains that not long after that comment was posted here her account went private. Something or someone triggered it, even if it was just unfounded concern. Is the comment that went with the photo still posted? I don't tweet.

The tweet has been removed. Perhaps she did that because people were asking if Edwards had committed and she didn't want to give that impression. But I still don't see what that has to do with the Boneyard. Nor do I see what going private for a day changed. Maybe she hit the private button by accident.

Reaction Score
The tweet has been removed. Perhaps she did that because people were asking if Edwards had committed and she didn't want to give that impression. But I still don't see what that has to do with the Boneyard. Nor do I see what going private for a day changed. Maybe she hit the private button by accident.
Isn't this BY thread, especially the OP & thread title, a the perfect example of, "People were asking if Edwards had committed"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom