Did Aaliyah Edwards commit? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Did Aaliyah Edwards commit?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Isn't this BY thread, especially the OP & thread title, a the perfect example of, "People were asking if Edwards had committed"?

Yes, but are we assuming she took down the tweet because of an innocuous question asked about it here? She was also asked about it on Twitter and responded along the lines of 'that would be great.'

Reaction Score
Yes, but are we assuming she took down the tweet because of an innocuous question asked about it here? She was also asked about it on Twitter and responded along the lines of 'that would be great.'
Well, maybe at some point Edwards or someone close to her (Paige?) was also getting the question and asked her to zip it. Guess she knows and we don't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's like that all over. I would think it's rampant in football. It's normal for former stars to visit on home football weekends (when coincidentally recruits are on officials). And it would be normal for schools to schedule recruiting visits on homecoming weekends, when campuses are alive, and former women stars would be expected to visit their alma mater's. All that is "acceptable" but a former star phoning a recruit is a black flag violation?
Yes, particularly if arranged for by the head coach and then he later lied about it to the NCAA, but you knew that right?

Reaction Score
Well, maybe at some point Edwards or someone close to her (Paige?) was also getting the question and asked her to zip it. Guess she knows and we don't.
Let us not condemn 1000 BY posters over unknown facts. She took down her site. End of discussion.
The title as you have stated is "Did she commit may we talk about that?? Why she took down her site is unimportant or important only to her. Say on target--Did She commit

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
From experience I can tell you, not to contact recruits. In the ole days I remember fans (not UConn fans) going to Maya EDD and Caroline Doty games. They talked nothing happened until all 3 committment to UConn. That was the start as I remember it of the 37 page NCAA violation which got thrown out.

Reaction Score
Let us not condemn 1000 BY posters over unknown facts. She took down her site. End of discussion.
The title as you have stated is "Did she commit may we talk about that?? Why she took down her site is unimportant or important only to her. Say on target--Did She commit
Appreciate the desire to stay on subject. Perhaps a new rule, after 10 off topic posts the thread is closed?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Appreciate the desire to stay on subject. Perhaps a new rule, after 10 off topic posts the thread is closed?

In all fairness, this topic has never diverted far from the original post, just the original title.

Reaction Score
The tweet has been removed. Perhaps she did that because people were asking if Edwards had committed and she didn't want to give that impression. But I still don't see what that has to do with the Boneyard. Nor do I see what going private for a day changed. Maybe she hit the private button by accident.

You are correct. We don't know. But given that the tweet was removed it isn't a stretch to assume that someone decided it shouldn't be there. That is more plausible than saying it was accidental.
And it's no big deal.

Great picture BTW. Maybe 4 1/2 years from now someone will re-post it right before the WNBA draft. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My friend, I see this entire BY board as a diversion. Is every topic so sacrosanct that any digression is, what, apostasy? C'mon. It's all in good fun. I personally don't care how off topic the thread becomes, as long as it remains civil. Also for me, it sure is fun to watch a topic about the qualities and importance of a well done drop step digress into proper dating decorum after midnight or such.

Reaction Score
Yes, particularly if arranged for by the head coach and then he later lied about it to the NCAA, but you knew that right?

No, not really. But I find those rules ridiculous in view of the blatant six figure bribes that have been and still are rampant in mens FB & BB recruiting. I haven't followed the mens team since Calhoun left but it's funny that ubtil he got fired I always thought Ollie's problem was that he was too clean. Hell, even Duke realized that unless you are going after one and dones you got little chance. And that leads into the gray area of recruiting. And what cost Calhoun his job.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, not really. But I find those rules ridiculous in view of the blatant six figure bribes that have been and still are rampant in mens FB & BB recruiting. I haven't followed the mens team since Calhoun left but it's funny that ubtil he got fired I always thought Ollie's problem was that he was too clean. Hell, even Duke realized that unless you are going after one and dones you got little chance. And that leads into the gray area of recruiting. And what cost Calhoun his job.
Agree to disagree. Lying to the Anne say about violations is always serious and is always punished.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You are correct. We don't know. But given that the tweet was removed it isn't a stretch to assume that someone decided it shouldn't be there. That is more plausible than saying it was accidental.
And it's no big deal.

I'm not saying the removal of the tweet was possibly accidental, but that perhaps moving the account to private for a few hours was. It makes sense that she might feel like taking down the tweet after realizing people got an impression from it that was inaccurate. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to switch the account to private over reaction from the tweet.

Reaction Score
Another contact that is permissible and often misunderstood is AAU affiliation. DT, Kia Nurse, and Candace Parker all have AAU teams which they sponsor.

True, but recruiting activity of any kind during these contacts is prohibited. They can say hi and talk about the weather, maybe answer a general question about the school - but no talk about the quality of the baketball program or why a player should go there etc. That is true if former players happen to be visiting UConn when recruits are there as well. Of course just their presence without doing any "recruiting" still has value.

Reaction Score
I am very disappointed by all the drama that was created here. I find myself checking to see if she did in fact commit but all I read is a bunch of people just blabbing on and on about God's only knows what. Do people here see this over reacting.... drama as a negative for recruiting? I politely ask that this thread be closed and only once someone commits should the thread start again.

Thanks

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what other schools she's considering?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am very disappointed by all the drama that was created here.
Drama?
I find myself checking to see if she did in fact commit but all I read is a bunch of people just blabbing on and on about God's only knows what.
People blabbing? Here? On the BY? Shocking!
Do people here see this over reacting.... drama as a negative for recruiting?
I don't.
I politely ask that this thread be closed and only once someone commits should the thread start again.
But.. but. then your post would be the final one which did not help us answer the question posed in the title of the thread.

Reaction Score
Drama?

People blabbing? Here? On the BY? Shocking!

I don't.

But.. but. then your post would be the final one which did not help us answer the question posed in the title of the thread.
Very true... but since when did this place become like Politics... so much talking with little to no content behind the talking? I still think people making statements could harm recruiting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure: Maryland was in Puerto Rico to see her play. Kentucky has offered. Louisville appears to have "cooled" on Edwards. Mississippi State "appears to be out of scholarships. Minnesota was in the picture a lifetime ago. We are 23 days away 3 weekends away from the early signing period with Edwards taking 1 official visit so far, hopefully in that one "official" visit she has found what she is looking for.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Schools that were in on Edwards include UCLA, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Mississippi State. As others have mentioned Mississippi State is up against the scholarship limit and may be out of the running.

Think it's probably down to UCLA, UConn, and Maryland.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very true... but since when did this place become like Politics... so much talking with little to no content behind the talking? I still think people making statements could harm recruiting.
:D You were here before me, but my guess is it was that way from the beginning.
I have actually corresponded on the BY with a few parents of recruits-none that take anything written here serious enough to influence their decision.

Reaction Score
Use your Ignore button, then you won't have to read it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Schools that were in on Edwards include UCLA, Maryland, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Mississippi State. As others have mentioned Mississippi State is up against the scholarship limit and may be out on the running. Think it's probably down to UCLA, UConn, and Maryland.
What makes you say UCLA-just curious?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What makes you say UCLA-just curious?

They've been in on her the whole way and I haven't seen anything that suggests they are out. There is anecdotal evidence that Louisville and MSS might be out, but not UCLA yet.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
They've been in on her the whole way and I haven't seen anything that suggests they are out. There is anecdotal evidence that Louisville and MSS might be out, but not UCLA yet.

What does "in on" mean?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If UCLA were to snag both her and Emily Bessoir that would be quite the international haul.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom