Did Aaliyah Edwards commit? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did Aaliyah Edwards commit?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Recall that Aaliyah played in the America Cup (?) in San Juan recently.

Who else was there, in addition to the UConn coaching staff? Tina, Stef, Lou, ROY Phee, and LIV THE DUNKER.

Reaction Score
Would we really expect an announcement before her visit has concluded?
It is not uncommon for a player to give a coach a verbal prior to leaving the campus on the visit and the publicize it a few days later. If she would announce it this weekend, while on her visit, it would be a little surprising.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure Aaliyah is 6’3”, but she’s decidedly more than a full Hartley Unit.

I wonder if Mir and Aaliyah are the TWO most athletic players in 2020.
I was sitting outside the Student Union yesterday when Coach Dailey walked by flanked by Paige and Aaliyah, and if CD is still 6'0/6'1 then Aaliyah could be 6'3.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She will take the trash talking up a notch once Azzi is here during practice. ;)
She will also have a lot of competition from Saylor. Some might remember that highlight video that first brought Saylor to our attention about two year ago her swag & trash talk was on level 10. As she was leading a comeback in a playoff game she hit a couple stepback 3balls and made sure her defender knew that was no fluke.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She will also have a lot of competition from Saylor. Some might remember that highlight video that first brought Saylor to our attention about two year ago her swag & trash talk was on level 10. As she was leading a comeback in a playoff game she hit a couple stepback 3balls and made sure her defender knew that was no fluke.

Exactly what I would expect from a 'Saylor' :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
that's always been my contention.....other then the fact that Kia improved markedly over her UConn career, she was able to play internationally for Canada yet was able to meet all of her UConn obligations in seamless fashion.....what else does a talented player need to know?

If Kia was her role model, I would hope she would want to follow in her footsteps if the opportunity presented itself. I also hope at the very least Geno or one of his assistants would ask Kia to contact her by phone (if possible/permissible) to wish her well, and perhaps briefly share her UConn experience with her. Who knows, if she’s still undecided, a call from Kia Nurse may help her lean a bit more in our direction. It couldn’t hurt.

There are many roads (college programs) that lead to the WNBA. UConn’s record of sending players to the W speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Might just be me but Nika resembles a young Sveta.
Ania is a lot more solid, but I do appreciate the comparison. I hope she is much more than a physical resemblance. I'd take the verbals back and forth with Geno is Ania produces as well. I have extraordinary expectations of Ania for many reason but mostly because of her heritage and sisters.

Reaction Score
that's always been my contention.....other then the fact that Kia improved markedly over her UConn career, she was able to play internationally for Canada yet was able to meet all of her UConn obligations in seamless fashion.....what else does a talented player need to know?
Aaliya (sp) from the Toronto area is well schooled in academics and with WBB Canada. Expect no less than Kia provided to Uconn. Kia was my heart and soul while she played at Uconn. I'd be pleased to have another Country person of hers take over that role.

Reaction Score
If Kia was her role model, I would hope she would want to follow in her footsteps if the opportunity presented itself. I also hope at the very least Geno or one of his assistants would ask Kia to contact her by phone (if possible/permissible) to wish her well, and perhaps briefly share her UConn experience with her. Who knows, if she’s still undecided, a call from Kia Nurse may help her lean a bit more in our direction. It couldn’t hurt.

There are many roads (college programs) that lead to the WNBA. UConn’s record of sending players to the W speaks for itself.
The old BE and Uconn in recent years has done more than well with Canadian players or even displaced USA players (all are Americans you know).

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I kind of think she knows and wasn’t supposed to tell

Since last night she’s also made her twitter private. I hope us talking about it didn’t cause issues.:oops:

Reaction Score
I’ve wondered about this. I imagine if Geno or CD asked a former player to contact a recruit they probably would do it willingly. If this is allowed and actually done I would suspect our success rate with recruits to be even higher considering all the great people UConn has had. Would someone please enlighten us on what type of contact is allowed and what is done. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I’ve wondered about this. I imagine if Geno or CD asked a former player to contact a recruit they probably would do it willingly. If this is allowed and actually done I would suspect our success rate with recruits to be even higher considering all the great people UConn has had. Would someone please enlighten us on what type of contact is allowed and what is done. Thanks.
Not allowed. Don’t you remember the trouble Ollie got in for a phone call to Ray Allen for a recruit?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Since last night she’s also made her twitter private. I hope us talking about it didn’t cause issues.:oops:
Ha why else would she have privated her Twitter. Of course it was unwelcome.

Reaction Score
Only members of the staff can recruit. Anyone else promoting the athletic program can be considered a booster, by the NCAA's generous definition.

Role of boosters
As a booster, you may not:
  • Contact a prospect in-person on-campus or off campus.
  • Contact a prospect by telephone, email, Internet or letter.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Ha why else would she have privated her Twitter. Of course it was unwelcome.

I hope it didn’t cause issues between her and the program.

I hope there weren’t keyboard coaches bombarding her with messages trying to get more information.

I hope it was her realizing that she wanted to keep this exciting weekend for her and her daughter more private. Coming back from Qatar, Paige’s 18th birthday, First Night festivities, and Paige getting to spend time with her new team is a testament to a lot of sacrifice by the entire family.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A. I hope it didn’t cause issues between her and the program.

B. I hope there weren’t keyboard coaches bombarding her with messages trying to get more information.

C.
I hope it was her realizing that she wanted to keep this exciting weekend for her and her daughter more private. Coming back from Qatar, Paige’s 18th birthday, First Night festivities, and Paige getting to spend time with her new team is a testament to a lot of sacrifice by the entire family.
I have no idea about A.

But I'm sure she was bombarded. There's no shortage of brazen keyboard warriors who don't know how to respect boundaries.

B and C are not mutually exclusive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom