Did Aaliyah Edwards commit? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Did Aaliyah Edwards commit?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, this was the last day of the signing period when Stewie remembered she had to turn it in. Her father was dropping her off at school that day and signed it on the roof and it was then faxed to the coaching staff. Imagine the panic that would have occurred on the yard...
Thus my use of Stewie fashion. I was assuming that 99% of the WBB BYers knew exactly what I was alluding to but thanks for explaining it to the 1%. :):rolleyes:
And to be more of a jerk (me), I believe she signed it on the hood, not the roof.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A picture is worth a thousand words. A picture by Paige's mom is priceless. There's no announcement yet, but, believe it. Welcome, Aaliyah!
You just had to be that guy.

giphy.gif

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This could be a red letter week for us with Edward’s oral to UConn, and the announcement of Westbrook’s waiver approval. Will the BY be abuzz this afternoon with this news? I like our chances. :cool:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The timing seems favorable. Edwards kept her recruitment incredibly quiet. No one even really knows for sure if (or how many) visits she made. I think she made one to Maryland? It seems her decision may come down to one of those 2?

Yes I feel good about our chances. Plus it's always great to stick it to Brenda. There seems a good chance they land Angel Reese anyway.

I LOVE Edwards' size, versatility, athleticism, and upside. Canada seems to be pumping out more and more top notch players and having a solid relationship with the Canadian National Team, and coaching the hell out of their players who come to UCONN will bode well for the future...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If you plan on keeping your fingers crossed for the next 4 hours, they just might lock up on you, which will make it difficult to extend your index fingers while shouting, “We’re number one!” :cool:

So, I guess we just sit and wait............and wait...............and wait. Her decision had better be worth the wait. Edwards is an elite talent. She’d look great in a fresh new UConn uniform with a big smile. :D Seeing her in a UConn uniform would make me grin. I’m grinning now at the thought.

1571938404379.png

See, he knows.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If I am not mistaken, the last recruit announcement where she was a lock to commit to the Good Guys, didn't she end up in Columbia SC????
So my question is this...why do some BYers continue to make like they "know" what the announcement is going to be when in fact if the recruit had already disclosed to anyone her choice, then the fanfare announcement would not really be necessary.
But hey, I am just venting while waiting for the next 3 hours to drag along.

Reaction Score
Edwards and Deberry would complete a terrific recruiting class.................seems like a perfect fit.....................fingers crossed

Reaction Score
While I like players who will just commit early like Paige without all the theatrics. I feel it’s ok to have an assembly. You have to remember these are teenagers and they don’t think like adults, that’s just it. I also feel like grown adults should not be going nuts and throwing tantrums when a kid doesn’t commit to a certain school. Once you get past that, you’ll be okay.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Fudd, DeBerry and Poffenbarger in 2021. WCBB will be trembling.
I think we all would sign up for that class in a heartbeat. There's room for another if the staff and player so desires. Maybe Citron? Also, Deberry has dropped in the rankings in part becasue she's not fared well against elite competition. I'm not sure if her development has slowed or stalled, or if it's something else. Hoping she gets back on track and becomes the beast we all hope for (a-la Tina Charles)...

Reaction Score
I think we all would sign up for that class in a heartbeat. There's room for another if the staff and player so desires. Maybe Citron? Also, Deberry has dropped in the rankings in part becasue she's not fared well against elite competition. I'm not sure if her development has slowed or stalled, or if it's something else. Hoping she gets back on track and becomes the beast we all hope for (a-la Tina Charles)...

Where has DeBerry dropped? She is #3 Prospects Nation, #5 Hoopgurlz/Dan Olson, #4 Bluestar.

Reaction Score
Fudd, DeBerry and Poffenbarger in 2021.
WCBB will be trembling.
Probably not. Has there been a team running out more stacked teams in terms of recruiting the last few years than UConn? The rest of WCBB now understands you can win a championship even if you don't have the recruiting star power of UConn.

Reaction Score
Where has DeBerry dropped? She is #3 Prospects Nation, #5 Hoopgurlz/Dan Olson, #4 Bluestar.
She was largely considered consensus #2 behind Fudd. She didn’t look great at U16 and struggled at times on the EYBL circuit.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think DeBerry needs to demonstrate an ability to work through someone just as big as her and be successful in order to get back to #2.

Reaction Score
Probably not. Has there been a team running out more stacked teams in terms of recruiting the last few years than UConn? The rest of WCBB now understands you can win a championship even if you don't have the recruiting star power of UConn.

I don't think that's news. Since UConn won 4 straight many of "the rest of wcbb" lost their minds and forgot that prior to that they lost 6 of 8. They are the same ones who a few years ago were whinning about the unfairness of UConn's recruiting, so who cares about what "they" think. They are all fickle. :D

Reaction Score

I'm puzzled by this post. The fact is, the last few years UConn has not had the most "stacked" recruiting classes. Baylor and South Carolina are two schools who have had recruiting classes that exceeded UConn's (I'm sure one of the many knowledgeable BYer's can point to recruit class rankings that confirms this). Last year we had a class of one before Geno signed a recruit from Poland. The year before Boneyarder's were tearing out their hair that we only had CW before ONO was a late signing. And that doesn't even touch on the constant hysteria about our inability to recruit "bigs."

I think the real story is that UConn has maintained its status - 3 straight Final Fours - as an elite program despite not having a monster recruiting class like Stewie, Tuck and Moriah for a while.

Reaction Score
I'm puzzled by this post. The fact is, the last few years UConn has not had the most "stacked" recruiting classes. Baylor and South Carolina are two schools who have had recruiting classes that exceeded UConn's (I'm sure one of the many knowledgeable BYer's can point to recruit class rankings that confirms this). Last year we had a class of one before Geno signed a recruit from Poland. The year before Boneyarder's were tearing out their hair that we only had CW before ONO was a late signing. And that doesn't even touch on the constant hysteria about our inability to recruit "bigs."

I think the real story is that UConn has maintained its status - 3 straight Final Fours - as an elite program despite not having a monster recruiting class like Stewie, Tuck and Moriah for a while.
UConn's starting lineup last year had three #1 recruits in it. There are only four such players in all of America, and three of them were starters for the Huskies. The other two starters were a #3 junior who was the best PG in her class and Collier bringing up the rear. What other team in the country had a Collier as their lowest ranked recruit?

Reaction Score
If I am not mistaken, the last recruit announcement where she was a lock to commit to the Good Guys, didn't she end up in Columbia SC????
So my question is this...why do some BYers continue to make like they "know" what the announcement is going to be when in fact if the recruit had already disclosed to anyone her choice, then the fanfare announcement would not really be necessary.
But hey, I am just venting while waiting for the next 3 hours to drag along.
The power of positive thought

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom