Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
UConn shouldn't give her a scholarship or shouldn't have her visit on their dime ?
(bringing :cool:)

Soooooo, how have Australian recruits worked out for UCONN? A gal from Texas is home sick. What is it like for an Australian gal? :(

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lol.. Would you rather them go to the game and see UConn lose or have no game to go to at all and spend more personal time with the team/coaches?
That's a good question. Probably the latter, at least UCONN has a good WCBB program to sell. At TN Christyn saw a bad program and a bad football team getting curb stomped.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At TN Christyn saw a bad program and a bad football team getting curb stomped.
In front of 102,000 fans at Neyland Stadium. I watched a game there many years ago, in front of a packed house, with TN playing a Steve Spurrier coached Duke team. Duke stunned the Vols on that day, but it was a great place to watch a football game.

Reaction Score
Soooooo, how have Australian recruits worked out for UCONN? A gal from Texas is home sick. What is it like for an Australian gal? :(

UConn has done ok with recruits from California, which, last time I looked, is further West than Texas is.
Because UConn hasn't been successful with Australian recruits in the past, it means that they shouldn't attempt to recruit them in the future ?
That is not very sound thinking. When extrapolated, it would mean that they shouldn't attempt to recruit a player from a place where they haven't been successful in recruiting before.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That's a good question. Probably the latter, at least UCONN has a good WCBB program to sell. At TN Christyn saw a bad program and a bad football team getting curb stomped.

Hahahahahahahauahahah

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
UConn has done ok with recruits from California, which, last time I looked, is further West than Texas is. Cultures are parsecs apart. Last I checked. ;)
Because UConn hasn't been successful with Australian recruits in the past, it means that they shouldn't attempt to recruit them in the future ? 3,000 miles versus 11,000 miles? What is the cost of a flight? Everyone loves a long shot! :)
That is not very sound thinking. When extrapolated, it would mean that they shouldn't attempt to recruit a player from a place where they haven't been successful in recruiting before. Ever hear of risk analysis? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Magbegor has been away from home for international competition before. I know that's not as long a stretch as a college season but it's something. Plus, she has already stated her intention of playing in the WNBA. Somehow I doubt homesickness will be an issue.

Reaction Score

Yes, I've heard of risk analysis. UConn, evidently, has also and believe she's worth the risk. But thanks for taking on the thankless job of self appointed fiscal watchdog. You're doing a great job.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Magbegor has been away from home for international competition before. I know that's not as long a stretch as a college season but it's something. Plus, she has already stated her intention of playing in the WNBA. Somehow I doubt homesickness will be an issue.

She is living away from home now in some Aussie Elite training facility.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

A gal from Australia would be home sick anywhere in North America (Seattle, Miami, or Storrs) no matter where she goes. :confused: So I would guess it wouldn't make much difference. It's different for players from the U.S., as opposed to players from outside the country. They have to come to grips with the fact that they'll be going a l-o-n-g way from home, and will be gone for a while. Once they get over that hurdle, they should be fine. Every freshman gets homesick (unless they live locally), it's a natural phenomenon. Especially if it's their first time away from home. That first bout of "sickness" usually hits some where between 45-75 days in. Football players (unless they're playing in a bowl game), get to stay home for the holiday break for a month. Basketball players 5 days at best. The fastest 5 days of the year. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Oldude, trust me, you were not alone. :( I'm OK now. I'm looking forward now, and not speculating about what might have been. I think UConn will get a post player during the early singing period next month that will make us forget all about whatshername. When one door closes, another one always opens. :)
It’s always interesting to speculate about school choices by top recruits. I kind of think that having the greatest basketball opportunity was not a high enough priority for those that do not choose UCONN. That means they don’t have enough desire to be the best player they can be. So if they don’t want to make that much of a commitment then maybe they aren’t UCONN material after all.

Reaction Score
A gal from Australia would be home sick anywhere in North America (Seattle, Miami, or Storrs) no matter where she goes. :confused: So I would guess it wouldn't make much difference. It's different for players from the U.S., as opposed to players from outside the country. They have to come to grips with the fact that they'll be going a l-o-n-g way from home, and will be gone for a while. Once they get over that hurdle, they should be fine. Every freshman gets homesick (unless they live locally), it's a natural phenomenon. Especially if it's their first time away from home. That first bout of "sickness" usually hits some where between 45-75 days in. Football players (unless they're playing in a bowl game), get to stay home for the holiday break for a month. Basketball players 5 days at best. The fastest 5 days of the year. :)

You got a point there, what's another 3,000 miles when you travel 7,500 miles to California? It reminds me of the Shawshank Redemption scene, about "Hope is a good thing..."

Hope is a good thing Storrs.jpg

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams and ONO will be visiting on a weekend when the (1-4) UCONN football team is playing in Philadelphia.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:eek:
I don't think it will matter. Like a lot of people, they probably don't know UConn has a football team.;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I was just thinking............UConn has two highly coveted recruits coming to campus this weekend. It would have been nice to have "first night" to use as an additional inducement in the array of sights, sounds and other attractions the staff and players will bombard ONO and Williams with.

The UConn mystique and tradition sells itself. First night in front of a packed house adorned with championship banners, and its Huskies of Honor display is always impressive. The introductions, the trophy displays, the coed scrimmage, along with the energy and excitement in the arena make first night impressive, and not quickly forgotten.

I've been reading that various other top ranked programs have been getting verbals from the recruits they wanted, and how those players are expected to change or at least level the playing field in WCBB over the next 4 years.

Now it's UConn's turn. Hopefully UConn will able to convince them that not only will they receive a quality education, but they will also be WNBA ready upon graduation. Hopefully UConn will get lucky and sign both of these 2 young women. I think most Husky fans would be pleased. I sure would. Keep hope alive.

Reaction Score
I was just thinking..UConn has two highly coveted recruits coming to campus this weekend. It would have been nice to have "first night" to use as an additional inducement in the array of sights, sounds and other attractions the staff and players will bombard ONO and Williams with.

The UConn mystique sells itself. First night in front of s packed house is always impressive.

I've been reading that various other top ranked programs have getting the recruits they wanted, and how those players are expected to change or at least level the playing field in WCBB.

Now it's UConn's turn. Should UConn get lucky, and sign both of these 2 young women, I think most Husky fans would be pleased. I sure would.
More impressive when we're raising a banner and handing out National Championship rings, though.

Carnac

Reaction Score
More impressive when we're raising a banner and handing out National Championship rings, though.

I did not forget about that particular part of the evening that UConn has had the pleasure and privilege of showcasing the last 4 years.

Since they could not raise a national championship banner this year, I did not mentioned it.

To witness the banner being uncovered, and the players receive their rings, that's very impressive.

The unique thing about that is, when you are the defending national champion, you are the only division 1 women's program that can do that.

No other program can "copycat" that presentation.

Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Led to believe the recruits are "in the building." They have active Twitter or Instygram accounts No?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom