Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ezi did very well on a world stage in 2016--winning the MVP. Note that one of the games was against the U.S.A.

She's a tall, lanky, finesse player who is very, very good.

Impressive and I'd love listening to that little Aussie accent for 4 years. We'd loan her back every now and then, like Kia. Do you think she's heard of UConn?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
where is Maya Moore going to be this weekend? Her alma mater sure could use some recruiting assistance......

"In her USA Basketball bio last year, she listed former UConn star and fellow Georgia native Maya Moore as her favorite player."
Charliebb, I was going to suggest the same thing!!! Unless Maya is other wise contractually obligated to be somewhere else this weekend, they could/would certainly benefit from having her as part of the welcoming committee that will greet these two young ladies to campus. I agree with UConnCat (above). If there is even a slight chance that Maya's presence in Storrs this weekend could be the tipping point in getting ONO to commit, by all means let's do it!! To be able to meet your hero in person, and hangout with her for several hours would be an unforgettable experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's LJ's connection w/ UConn?
One of her best friends is Sue Bird. Sue has some sort of ties to UConn, I believe. ;)

LJ was in Conn. for something, either the WNBA All-Star game or some other event. Sue introduced them. Geno told LJ that he had just met her parents, saying they were nice people. Then he asked if she was adopted. Jokester!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Penny and Lauren Taylor will vouch for Geno. I'd be surprised if Geno hasn't talked to Diana or Penny about Ezi.
What's LJ's connection w/ UConn?
Through Sue Bird. Lauren has stated that she used to hate Sue , then learned to respect her, and then found her ultimately indispensable. I'm paraphrasing and of course I can't pull off the Australian accent.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Recruiting this weekend, practice on Thursday, and Media Day on Monday. The season is getting close!

Who goes to Media Day? My guess is Gabby, Kia, Lou, and Pheesa.

Yes of course, the "Core 4". How could you leave anyone of these ladies out of making the trip? :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What a coincidence, just the kind of player UConn needs and is looking for!! :D
Not a coincidence at all. You have an excuse because you only joined the BY in July of 2017. The rest of us were "oogling" Ezi in the summer of 2016 when her U17 team beat the USA team featuring plenty of UCONN Targets ( Brunelle, C. Collier, ONO, Prince, C. Williams). Girl can play!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hmmm....doesn't seem like much of a connection to me. Of course I was aware of Sue and Lauren being long time teammates w/ the Storm, but she had a bunch of other teammates too. As far as I know she really didn't have any U.S. ties other than spending part of her year in Seattle throughout her career.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Maya may be home, polishing her hardware. It's a full-time job. ;)

There is a huge mural of Maya in the lobby of the Werth Center, and her name is on the wall in the practice gym. I think she has the largest banner.
Yep.
1000x563

Carnac

Reaction Score
I’ve been down for a couple weeks after losing whatshername to the cow school in TX. With CW, ONO & maybe the Aussie coming to visit, there is hope again. :)

Oldude, trust me, you were not alone. :( I'm OK now. I'm looking forward now, and not speculating about what might have been. I think UConn will get a post player during the early singing period next month that will make us forget all about whatshername. When one door closes, another one always opens. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmmm....doesn't seem like much of a connection to me. Of course I was aware of Sue and Lauren being long time teammates w/ the Storm, but she had a bunch of other teammates too. As far as I know she really didn't have any U.S. ties other than spending part of her year in Seattle throughout her career.
Work with us here will ya.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Speaking of foreign players, I like what I read about Laeticia Amihere, the 6'3" human pogo stick and dunker from Canada. HoopGurlz ranks her #2 overall (behind Sam Brunelle) in 2019. Maybe our resident Canadian can put in a good word for UConn.
laeticia-amihere
Uhm... you are only about a full month behind.

I see Laeticia Amihere is considering Uconn. She is a 6'3" forward from Canada. Rated the number two player and number two forward in the 2019 class. Seems she may be as good as Brunell. Does anyone have any information on her or a maybe a mix tape?

Reaction Score
Ezi did very well on a world stage in 2016--winning the MVP. Note that one of the games was against the U.S.A.

She's a tall, lanky, finesse player who is very, very good.

she certainly is athletic.............can't tell if she can shoot from those clips but she is clearly a disruptive force on the defensive end...........I would call her a work in progress that could thrive under Gen's tutelage................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
she certainly is athletic...can't tell if she can shoot from those clips but she is clearly a disruptive force on the defensive end......I would call her a work in progress that could thrive under Gen's tutelage......

She's also going to be 19 by the start of next season. Young in basketball experience but not in age. Think she can go pro after two or three years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom