Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn | The Boneyard

Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was hoping that Olivia would visit with Christyn, but I had not seen it confirmed until now. Yay! Yay!

This could be a case of saving the best for last. :)

Yes, let's bring Ezi to Storrs for a big game.

Reaction Score
glad to hear that there is legit interest in Magbegor although I'd watch out for UCLA trying to add another Aussie..........I've also heard a rumor that there might be an additional player or two visiting this weekend but that has not been confirmed

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
glad to hear that there is legit interest in Magbegor although I'd watch out for UCLA trying to add another Aussie.....I've also heard a rumor that there might be an additional player or two visiting this weekend but that has not been confirmed
My guess is that there will be someone from 2019 or 2020 visiting. Boston and Brunelle visited last year at this time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I recall ONO is regarded as a long shot. Why? Would love to get either; would go ape to get both. Would Ezi be more of a project? Did anyone see her play this summer?

Reaction Score
I recall ONO is regarded as a long shot. Why? Would love to get either; would go ape to get both. Would Ezi be more of a project? Did anyone see her play this summer?

I'm sad to say I know absolutely nothing about Ezi other then what I have read.................I think many believe ONO wants to stay closer to home..............gee imagine that..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Recruiting this weekend, practice on Thursday, and Media Day on Monday. The season is getting close!
Who goes to Media Day? My guess is Gabby, Kia, Lou, and Pheesa.
Might be none of the above. There is a controversy brewing about players attending Media day. @EricLA has a separate thread discussing rule changes for this up coming year and attendance at media day by players might be impacted.
" In past years, schools were allowed to bring athletes to the ACC media day and still count it as a day off. That's no longer the case under the new rules."
Why North Carolina, Duke aren't bringing players to ACC basketball media day
This is ACC (Syracuse and UNC) deciding not to bring players, no idea what the rest of the conferences will do. Good old NCAA! So basically any player that attends media day will have to get a day off from practicing with the team during that week.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Recruiting this weekend, practice on Thursday, and Media Day on Monday. The season is getting close!

Who goes to Media Day? My guess is Gabby, Kia, Lou, and Pheesa.

And Z ;) No, I suspect you are right.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm sad to say I know absolutely nothing about Ezi other then what I have read.......I think many believe ONO wants to stay closer to home....gee imagine that.....

So many of these kids want to stay close to home and it seems like home for many of the very best players is Texas or the Southeast.

I need there to be some more 6'4 super-athletes in the Midwest or on the East Coast!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So many of these kids want to stay close to home and it seems like home for many of the very best players is Texas or the Southeast.

I need there to be some more 6'4 super-athletes in the Midwest or on the East Coast!

Yeah, gettin tired of Texas and Baylor hogging all the prospects.

Seriously, after all the talk the last few months, if Williams and ONO chose UConn heads might explode in Texas, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
where is Maya Moore going to be this weekend? Her alma mater sure could use some recruiting assistance......
Maya may be home, polishing her hardware. It's a full-time job. ;)

There is a huge mural of Maya in the lobby of the Werth Center, and her name is on the wall in the practice gym. I think she has the largest banner.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno did, in Italy. She went up against the Russian pros who sent the U.S. to defeat in the gold medal game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm sad to say I know absolutely nothing about Ezi other then what I have read.......I think many believe ONO wants to stay closer to home....gee imagine that.....
Ezi did very well on a world stage in 2016--winning the MVP. Note that one of the games was against the U.S.A.

She's a tall, lanky, finesse player who is very, very good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We need Diana to ask her wife, Penny Taylor, to recruit Magbegor. And Penny wants to coach so let's get that ball rolling too. And bring DT with her.
I think Penny and Lauren Taylor will vouch for Geno. I'd be surprised if Geno hasn't talked to Diana or Penny about Ezi.

Got that covered too. @UConnCat already enlisted both Penny and Lauren Jackson (UCONN Fam.) a few weeks back for this endeavor. She's proactive like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom