Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Key recruiting weekend upcoming for UConn

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Recruiting this weekend, practice on Thursday, and Media Day on Monday. The season is getting close!

Who goes to Media Day? My guess is Gabby, Kia, Lou, and Pheesa.
Good guesses. My heart will be there as well.

Reaction Score
Magbegor is definitely not a project! Right now her game is as polished as any post in the class and she has all the physical tools to only get better.

you could be right but I can only go by those clips..........I saw no offensive game other then layups and a five foot jump shot.................if Geno is interested that's good enough for me...............

Reaction Score
Hmmm....doesn't seem like much of a connection to me. Of course I was aware of Sue and Lauren being long time teammates w/ the Storm, but she had a bunch of other teammates too. As far as I know she really didn't have any U.S. ties other than spending part of her year in Seattle throughout her career.
DT and LJ were teammates on Spartak Moscow about 10 years ago and were good buddies for a long time back when.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yeah, gettin tired of Texas and Baylor hogging all the prospects.

Seriously, after all the talk the last few months, if Williams and ONO chose UConn heads might explode in Texas, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
I can't speak for everyone, but most Texas fans had completely written Christyn off after she dropped us from consideration last October. South Carolina was also dropped when she trimmed her list to 5 schools initially. So, to me, Texas and SC fans should know that we have definitely not been the frontrunners for CW; that would be UConn and Tennessee, IMO. Considering she made unofficial visits to UConn and Tennessee as junior, I think that shows where her main interest was one year ago.

Reaction Score
you could be right but I can only go by those clips.....I saw no offensive game other then layups and a five foot jump shot.......if Geno is interested that's good enough for me.....

You have to be impressed by the little you saw though? Her ability to run the floor, finish with either hand, explosive first step, tremendous footwork. shot blocking and rebounding, and her athletic ability all stand out in that short video.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You have to be impressed by the little you saw though? Her ability to run the floor, finish with either hand, explosive first step, tremendous footwork. shot blocking and rebounding, and her athletic ability all stand out in that short video.
Yeah, her length, agility, handle, and use of both hands all stand out. She has things that can't be taught. Ezi is still fairly young, so she has lots of time to improve. As noted above, she would be WNBA eligible after 2 or (more likely) 3 years of college, based on her age. I'm ok with that, at least 3 years.

Reaction Score
How can a strapped for cash UCONN justify bring a recruit from Australia $$$$$? :rolleyes:

UConn shouldn't give her a scholarship or shouldn't have her visit on their dime ?
(bringing :cool:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This was talked about in another thread, but look at the college players invited to the USA Basketball Senior Team Camp:

A'ja Wilson, Senior, South Carolina
Kelsey Mitchell, Senior, Ohio State
Asia Durr, Junior, Louisville
Katie Lou Samuelson, Junior, UConn
Napheesa Collier, Junior, UConn

Among the pros invited were Sue and Stewie, as expected, plus Morgan Tuck, Kiah Stokes, Stefanie Dolson, and Tiffany Hayes. If you aspire to greatness, Geno and staff will help get you there better than any other group, with a combination of instruction and motivation.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If Uconn get signatures from Williams, Odo, and Magbegor, would you BYers be happy or would you think signing all three would be bad for WBB? Maybe tell one of them to sign with some other school and

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Especially if she has learned the art of shot blocking without fouling!!! :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If Uconn get signatures from Williams, Odo, and Magbegor, would you BYers be happy or would you think signing all three would be bad for WBB? Maybe tell one of them to sign with some other school and

SMH............"IF"................... UConn could somehow get all 3 of these ladies to commit, that would be a "shot heard round the world" akin to Bobby Thomson's. That signing would be larger than the 4 member freshman class they scored last year.

Whether it would be good or not depends on one's perspective. If you're a UConn fan, it would be great!!!
If you're not, then it would be bad, because those signings would allow UConn to continue its dominance in Division 1, and keep them in their rightful place at the forefront of the "elite" programs in WCBB for at least the next 5-6 years. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think it would be good for WCBB but bad for my health. All that jumping up and down with joy and stuff. I could perhaps listen to more of those gloom and doom UT fans, sort of even things out.

Reaction Score
SMH.."IF".... UConn could somehow get all 3 of these ladies to commit, that would be a "shot heard round the world" akin to Bobby Thomson's. That signing would be larger than the 4 member freshman class they scored last year. That signing would also keep UConn in their rightful place at the forefront of the "elite" programs in WCBB for the next 5-7 years.
I agree 100% but the folks at BU may differ. Apparently someone in the "know" heard that, in addition to NSmith, they got DeCosta and HSG. That will give them Prospectsnation #2, #4, and #5. If UConn does does Williams et al., the battle for supremacy will be interesting.

Reaction Score
Yeah, gettin tired of Texas and Baylor hogging all the prospects.

Seriously, after all the talk the last few months, if Williams and ONO chose UConn heads might explode in Texas, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

The other school that does pretty well, but not getting the higher recruits is Texas A&M, in getting these homegrown kids. Quick analysis (not really quick :D) of Hoopgurlz 2008 to 2018 (YTD), Texas will/has secured 16 recruits from Texas over these 10 years (Top 10 rank #2, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7) . Texas A&M with 14 recruits (Top 10 rank #6, #7) Baylor with 13 recruits (Top 10 rank #1, #1, #3, #8, #8).

Since 2008 there has been 105 recruits from Texas, over 50% of them stay home. The other schools "receiving votes" are Texas Tech (5), TCU (4), Houston (2), North Texas (1) and Southern Methodist (1).

Oklahoma is a good "second home" for these Texas kids with 5 recruits. Oklahoma St (1). The PAC-12 does very good in getting these Texas recruits (13), with Stanford getting 5 (Top 10 rank #1, #6, #8)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams and ONO will be visiting on a weekend when the (1-4) UCONN football team is playing in Philadelphia.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:eek:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think that would be a similar class to Stewie, Moriah and Morgan. Not sure any of those 3 will be as good as Stewie - superstar Olympian, but all 3 are really really good...

Reaction Score
Maybe just football players. :D
upload_2017-10-10_10-52-35.png

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Christyn Williams and ONO will be visiting on a weekend when the (1-4) UCONN football team is playing in Philadelphia.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:eek:

Lol.. Would you rather them go to the game and see UConn lose or have no game to go to at all and spend more personal time with the team/coaches?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom