OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for this simply marvelous thread! It's great learning about all the BoneYarders!

Reaction Score
What inspired you to call yourself what you do on a message board, and what does it all mean?

The dog...many years ago when we got him from the breeder we learned that all of his family tree were named for characters and places in the Tolkien books, but for some reason there was no Frodo. I also adopted it for my email address (frodo@)...given how popular the books were at the time I'm guessing that 'frodo' without any qualifying numbers, etc. would probably have been a pretty desirable email. I lost it when we moved from DSL and unfortunately comcast already had a frodo. In the interest of full disclosure that's not actually Frodo in my avatar. We didn't really have a good picture and he died several years ago so I dug one up online. The guy in the picture is absolutely indistinguishable from Frodo.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
The dog...many years ago when we got him from the breeder we learned that all of his family tree were named for characters and places in the Tolkien books, but for some reason there was no Frodo. I also adopted it for my email address (frodo@)...given how popular the books were at the time I'm guessing that 'frodo' without any qualifying numbers, etc. would probably have been a pretty desirable email. I lost it when we moved from DSL and unfortunately comcast already had a frodo. In the interest of full disclosure that's not actually Frodo in my avatar. We didn't really have a good picture and he died several years ago so I dug one up online. The guy in the picture is absolutely indistinguishable from Frodo.

Nice story... I have had dogs all of my life. My two dogs these days are Lefty and Tug. Both are male yellow labs, and that's where the similarities end. Lefty is an Einstein of the canine world. He learns at lightening speed. Tug, on the other hand, doesn't see the point in learning.

Lefty rushes to be compliant to requests and commands, he anticipates and behaves inline with the theme of what I am doing at the moment. Once in a while he will assert himself and refuse a command. He'll grab on of my shoes, sit just out of my reach, and refuse to "give' it to me. Instead, without a word from myself, all on his own, he'll walk himself over to his crate cage, drop the shoe, and walk into his cage to pay for his crime. That's when the stare-down begins. He won't leave his cage (it's door is wide-open) until I say, "ok, I forgive you."

Tug steadfastly refuses to come to his name. He'll come, if somewhat reluctantly, to the name Luke, the name LittleGuy, and the name ChickenDog, but he refuses to come to his actual name. Very, very, lovable, but as dumb as a box of rocks.

Boo

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
You do have the best avatar...
Ha! You finally admitted I was right about something! Yup, it is one of the finest products of BiffWorks, along with "You're the Best" and the late lamented " Boneyard Magazine".

Reaction Score
Winlots - bec I had the good fortune to be surrounded by great teammates, especially in basketball. Results was we almost never lost (over the years, competed in football, wrestling, basketball, track, swimming, crew, and except for track we had championship teams).

Am sure I've mentioned that we defeated Wilt Chamberlain's team in Philly summer league five out of five en route to league title. In some ways, looking back, that was probably as unique an accomplishment as state championship etc.

On some of the teams, I was the least talented player, thus my good fortune. Am thinking now that I should have picked "Bon Fortune" for my handle. ALEX: thanks again for putting up such interesting threads for our "off" time.

JS

Reaction Score
Tug steadfastly refuses to come to his name. He'll come, if somewhat reluctantly, to the name Luke, the name LittleGuy, and the name ChickenDog, but he refuses to come to his actual name. Very, very, lovable, but as dumb as a box of rocks.
Maybe he's smart - - thinks "Tug!" is a command and is waiting for you to extend something to him. Thinks you're dumb as a box of rocks.

Or maybe he's posting here as "Anonymous" and refuses to acknowledge your lucky guess.

Reaction Score
Ha! You finally admitted I was right about something! Yup, it is one of the finest products of BiffWorks, along with "You're the Best" and the late lamented " Boneyard Magazine".
Hey Biff - a while back I was looking for a picture of DT, no doubt some BY related reason, and was scanning through one of those places google takes you with hundreds of images. And right there in the middle of all these DT images was your BY Mag cover where DT has Pat in a headlock, administering a noogie or something. Haven't been able to get back there to find it again, but you were famous for a momoent

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Have I missed a contribution from "ocoandasoc" in this thread? Per my OP, I GOTTA know what that means!!!

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
I count myself as lucky to have a bit of BiffWorks art too. He made this for me many years ago and I don't leave home without it!!!

The-Boneyard.jpg

Boo aka T9

Reaction Score
I recommend a photo of you, astride a BMW motorcycle.
Nope I don't own a Beemer of any kind. My handle is a play on my initials which I use for a handle on a hockey board I frequent.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I completely disagree!

I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Boo

For the few non Monty Python fans on the board - LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member