OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I started here I was in my Fifties. Now, it should be Seventyish :( Time flies when you're having fun.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Did you see the movie "Wild"?

In general I don't see movies or read books about hiking because I prefer my own experiences. While hiking the PCT last year I did talk to plenty of hikers who read Wild; the book doubled traffic on the trail and they predict the movie will double that once again. I saw trailers to the movie, but trailers are an dramatization of a dramatization (the movie) of a dramatization (the book) of the real experience of long distance hiking. My take from talking to others is the book is a wonderful portrayal of a woman's personal journey, but not particularly reflective of what the overall experience of long distance hiking is really about.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In general I don't see movies or read books about hiking because I prefer my own experiences. While hiking the PCT last year I did talk to plenty of hikers who read Wild; the book doubled traffic on the trail and they predict the movie will double that once again. I saw trailers to the movie, but trailers are an dramatization of a dramatization (the movie) of a dramatization (the book) of the real experience of long distance hiking. My take from talking to others is the book is a wonderful portrayal of a woman's personal journey, but not particularly reflective of what the overall experience of long distance hiking is really about.
Well yea, it was more about the woman's self-journey. The PCT was more the backdrop to the story. Pretty good though.

Reaction Score
For those that remember... we had a bit of a poll. I Was HuskyfaninFlorida and many complained that my name was too long... so we took a poll and many names were tabled and I thought citrusdog was most appropriate. It has been with me ever since. I think deepster came up with it... in 98 or 99.

Reaction Score
What's in a name? I think it's pretty straightforward in my case; my name is actually Alex, the RG stands for my hyphenated last name, and I live in CT. HuskyNan's is also straightforward. Assuming JS's initials truly are JS, there we would have it in his case. However, not everyone is obvious:

• Icebear- he's neither icy nor a bear. In fact, he's a man of the cloth. Please elaborate.
  • Ocoandasoc- A what and a what now???
  • J66Kicker- can he be relied upon to hit field goals and wear the number 66?
  • Calpedaler- Pedaling what? A bicycle? Contraband? Cals?
These are just some examples. What inspired you to call yourself what you do on a message board, and what does it all mean?
Asuwish - "As you wish" is a quote from the movie the Princess Bride. If you don't know what it means you've obviously never seen this great movie.

Reaction Score
The dark ages, shortly after Peter Prudden founded the town in 1639.

Seriously, 1950-1966, plus 1968-9.
Mine is Milford related also. Milford High School. Just found out recently that I am related to the original Baldwin family but my relatives left the area in late 1600s and my parents moved the family there in the 1966. So we were banned for nearly 300 years! I left CT in 1986.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wow- this thread is a year old to the day and still going strong! We should sing a happy birthday song or something.

Reaction Score
First name initials of my kids and my grandchildren from oldest to youngest and even the twins who have a 30 minute age difference.

Reaction Score
Pretty self explanatory. There have been many favorite players through the program that I've had and followed on to the WNBA. Rebecca is still at the top of the list. The picture is of Rebecca and my much shorter self when she came out and called a Stanford game with a much better outcome than the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom