OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
dtbtbtb stands for: Diana Taurasi Back To Back To Back as that was the time I've found the boneyard and DT was (and is) my favorite player. At one time Eric asked me if Maya gets 3 will i change my name to mmbtbtb but unfortunately i didn't have to ponder that for too long. However, if Stewie does win 4 than maybe I'll change my name to bsbtbtbtb :)
And all this time I just thought you stuttered..

with your fingers. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maya - Why are you so into Pinot?

Miles - "Uh, I don't know, I don't know. Um, it's a hard grape to grow, as you know. Right? It's uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you know, it's not a survivor like Cabernet, which can just grow anywhere and uh, thrive even when it's neglected. No, Pinot needs constant care and attention. You know? And in fact it can only grow in these really specific, little, tucked away corners of the world. And, and only the most patient and nurturing of growers can do it, really. Only somebody who really takes the time to understand Pinot's potential can then coax it into its fullest expression. Then, I mean, oh its flavors, they're just the most haunting and brilliant and thrilling and subtle and... ancient on the planet."

Miles - No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any *&^%ing Merlot!

From the movie Sideways. Paul Giamatti at his best.
Great movie.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's one of the things mom called me -- usually an in-trouble moniker, but a couple steps below "John Robert!".
What comes to mind :p

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Welcome back! It's going to be a GREAT season. Oh, this is a reply to Ice.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Mine's fairly easy - my favorite musical plus my age.

OK, I'm not 89, I was married in 1989.

The avatar is of my cats. The one on the left died from cancer in May 2013.

Reaction Score
Ursusminor; rather literally, "little bear". Pinotbear is my father, and I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest of the bears by some number of decades. I may have actually been 17, i.e. a minor, when I joined up.

My avatar (the calico kitty) is of our foster cat the first night she came home and decided she liked the bathtub. She was adopted last summer. I may change it soon to be the other cat, who turned out to be a keeper.

Reaction Score
Mine's fairly easy - my favorite musical plus my age.

OK, I'm not 89, I was married in 1989.

The avatar is of my cats. The one on the left died from cancer in May 2013.

Love your avatar. I'm sorry you lost him/her. It is hard, like losing a member of your family.

Reaction Score
I was a proud member of a frat at Middlebury known locally as "Slug." When I played soccer there (under UCONN legend Joe Morrone) I wore uniform #25.
When did you play soccer at Middlebury? I played on the Springfield College team, and we played at Middlebury in the fall of 1962.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Back in the late 80's I think when the second of the "Back to the Future" movies came out, my then young son and I had a little "disagreement". I don't remember what it was about anymore but in his fit of anger at me and the "parental position" I was taking, he called me "mean old Biff" after the "mean old Biff " character from the movie. The mean old Biff moniker stuck for awhile whenever he was unhappy with me and eventually it got shortened to "Biff". Many people know me first by that name vs my real name now. And, I kinda adopted it as my nom de Guerre for my on-line presence and my "artwork".

As far as the Avatar, Gort represents my usual demeanor and attitude as a moderator and a person. If I don't like you I just zap you out of existence. If I do like you I still zap you out of existence but might feel bad about it.....maybe.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
I saw a picture on eBay of a woman palming a basketball back in the 1930s. She was a member of the All American Red Heads. A barnstorming team that travelled the country only playing against men and by their rules.

I was fascinated and won it. That began a long obsession with learning more about this team and the history of womens basketball

I tracked down the second owner and he became like a second father to me. It became my mission to help bring this team back from obscurity and educate others about their significance to women's basketball.

It far exceeded my wildest dreams. Becoming friends with some of the greatest women to step on the court while traveling across country to reunions, a exhibition game against alumni of Portland trailblazers at senior pan am games to the WBHOF and more.

Yet the most important thing was their induction as the 1st women's basketball team ever into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The owner of the team had the dream of being inducted there. I asked him if he minded if I wrote the nomination. He said he was honored but laughed because no women's team would ever be inducted. He didn't live to see it happen.. Yet his dream was realized.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
My real name is Glenn and my first 39 years were in Brooklyn/Danielson.My nickname is derived from the fact that I love ice cream and Caramel ice cream is my favorite,hands down.

Reaction Score
In the summer of 1981, between college graduation and graduate school, I got a job as a counselor on a Teen Tour. I ended up on a tour which had about 60 15 year old boys and girls.

Great story! You are a very brave soul, Jackalope. Spending eight weeks with 60 different adolescent 15 year olds sounds like a potential nightmare. Although, from my own experience, I've found that kids get a nicer once they hit 16 and want the car keys.
-
As to our handle / user name, we are working, living and loving life here in 102 degree Palm Springs, California. It's paradise eight months out of the year. This is definitely not one of those months!

We very recently changed our avatar. It used to be the number "9" made up of basketballs. However, it was hard to make out that they were orange basketballs due to the small size, so a couple of people misinterpreted our allegiances. Here's hoping for a healthy and perfect "10" 2014/2015 hoops season!

Last edited:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
ctfjr - the ct is pretty easy, the fjr is the motorcycle model I currently ride (Yamaha FJR1300) - its also the license plate on the bike :)

my old board name was ctgoldwing, well you can figure that out

Reaction Score
Alex, it is easy.

The family name was esbjorn (it appears to have lost the "j" at immigration in Boston) which is breaks down to "es" or "is" which is ice among a number Scandinavian languages or dialects and bjorn is bear. Thus ice+bear and the family connection to the great white killing machines of the north.

Good to see you back on the board, Ice!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Favorite book... A Connecticut Yankee (you know the rest)... But also grew up a NY Yankees fan (during their golden years, not much now, too much money). Now a supporting Huskies fan... Thus CTyankee
I was a Yankee fan during the golden years too. Then Mickey and Whitey got old.

Reaction Score
It's all letters in my name. Besides, I used dbmill on the old AOL women's basketball boards when I posted there in the mid to late 1990's, so I figured what worked back then is just as good now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I grew up in Milford also, in the area called Naugatuck Gardens. Went to Devon Grammar School. Lived near CT Light & Power, which was on the Housatonic River..
I lived in the Rivercliff section and went to Lenox Avenue. Do we know each other??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My avatar is of Rip Van Winkle sleeping. My actual initials are RVW ( first name is Ron), hence RVW sleep. However, when I'm posting, I'm usually awake.
You do better than I. Many of my posts either reflect that I'm sleeping or else they put others to sleep.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lived in San Francisco Bay Area, although now I live in Las Vegas. you see, Uconn over-the-top folks are omnipresent!!!! and located everywhere as well :)

I look forward to meeting some fellow Boneyarders in Istanbul !!
We'll talk Turkey!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mine seems self-explanatory. Alum of UConn '76 and so old! The picture is a carousel horse from around CT that I took and liked.
Lots of Milford connections here! I was a kid in Milford from 55-66 and went to Devon school except for the last year when we were bussed out to Pumpkin Delight School (who names these things?)
I was UConn class of '72, JLHS class of '66.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom