OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: So, what's the meaning of your handle on The Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My handle on an earlier incarnation of the UConn WCBB site was T9. When the new site required more than just two measly characters, I chose ZaddockFuller as my handle but my keyboard was inside down at the time so it came out as HardcoreP*rn... That had it's obvious flaws so then I chose BooRadley because it's 'Sunshine' spelled backwards.

Rev Boo
You really need to post more.

thumbs-up.jpg

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Mine is fairly obvious. I'm Roy and have been a fanatic Dodger fan for far too many years.

Reaction Score
My handle on an earlier incarnation of the UConn WCBB site was T9. When the new site required more than just two measly characters, I chose ZaddockFuller as my handle but my keyboard was inside down at the time so it came out as HardcoreP*rn... That had it's obvious flaws so then I chose BooRadley because it's 'Sunshine' spelled backwards.

Rev Boo
I thought it was sunshine spelled sideways but you shouldn't put to much stock in my thoughts. After all, I am a self-outed non-genius.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I lurked here for quite some time before joining the boneyard. At times it kind of scary viewing the discourse in here -- especially when you are unsure of your basketball IQ. To get my feet wet, I joined a couple of other boards and chose the name FairView to indicate that I took a fair view of things, even though I am a UConn fan. After posting for a while, I got the nerve to join here and I just kept the same name. I wish I chose something better, but it's too late now. My avatar is a picture my son took of himself by mistake when we was playing with a camera years ago. We found a gaggle of shots of the floor, under cabinets, walls, etc. This shot of the top of his head upside down was among them.

Reaction Score
Mine seems self-explanatory. Alum of UConn '76 and so old! The picture is a carousel horse from around CT that I took and liked.
Lots of Milford connections here! I was a kid in Milford from 55-66 and went to Devon school except for the last year when we were bussed out to Pumpkin Delight School (who names these things?)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

The "short, short" version. My family is a self-described "bunch of bears", bouncy, fun-loving, a bit loud, enjoy a good meal. I'm a former package store owner/manager who loves red wine, most especially a good pinot noir. Ergo, ....

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
The "short, short" version. My family is a self-described "bunch of bears", bouncy, fun-loving, a bit loud, enjoy a good meal. I'm a former package store owner/manager who loves red wine, most especially a good pinot noir. Ergo, ....

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam...

Boo

Reaction Score
My handle is actually a nickname derived from my handle on a hockey message board. Strange but true.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
It's one of the things mom called me -- usually an in-trouble moniker, but a couple steps below "John Robert!".

With sis a moderator, I think I had in mind it'd be easy for her to recognize it as mine, but that was a long time ago and I can't confidently vouch for the veracity of that statement...

Reaction Score
Born in Chicago, raised in North Shore suburbs. As a result, I grew up an avid
Cubbies fan. Handle is/was my Air Force call sign, as well as a quasi-political
statement, on behalf of all Chicago land.

Was transferred to Connecticut in 1976 and lived in New Fairfield. My kids all graduated
from the New Fairfield high school, so when their star girl's basketball player signed a LOI
to Uconn, I became interested.

Her name is Jennifer Rizzoti.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
but that was a long time ago and I can't confidently vouch for the veracity of that statement...

I sometimes miss those long gone days. There were some great ones... who could forget the expertise displayed by Wonkster as he so deftly exercised his woodchipper or how about all of those wonderful BY trials... the last one I recall taking place on this forum was the one brought against your sis for saying some despicably nice things about Dook. I think she have even compounded her offense by correctly spelling their name like a mature adult... Ah, those were the days...

Old Boo

Reaction Score
dtbtbtb stands for: Diana Taurasi Back To Back To Back as that was the time I've found the boneyard and DT was (and is) my favorite player. At one time Eric asked me if Maya gets 3 will i change my name to mmbtbtb but unfortunately i didn't have to ponder that for too long. However, if Stewie does win 4 than maybe I'll change my name to bsbtbtbtb :)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
dtbtbtb stands for: Diana Taurasi Back To Back To Back as that was the time I've found the boneyard and DT was (and is) my favorite player. At one time Eric asked me if Maya gets 3 will i change my name to mmbtbtb but unfortunately i didn't have to ponder that for too long. However, if Stewie does win 4 than maybe I'll change my name to bsbtbtbtb :)

And Morgan could make it ridiculous...

and sublime.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

Maya - Why are you so into Pinot?

Miles - "Uh, I don't know, I don't know. Um, it's a hard grape to grow, as you know. Right? It's uh, it's thin-skinned, temperamental, ripens early. It's, you know, it's not a survivor like Cabernet, which can just grow anywhere and uh, thrive even when it's neglected. No, Pinot needs constant care and attention. You know? And in fact it can only grow in these really specific, little, tucked away corners of the world. And, and only the most patient and nurturing of growers can do it, really. Only somebody who really takes the time to understand Pinot's potential can then coax it into its fullest expression. Then, I mean, oh its flavors, they're just the most haunting and brilliant and thrilling and subtle and... ancient on the planet."

Miles - No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any *&^%ing Merlot!

From the movie Sideways. Paul Giamatti at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom