Daniels/Boatright Decision | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Daniels/Boatright Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen Jahii Carson play and can compare their games? He's about the same size as Boat I think and projected as 2nd round talent.

Carson has the quickest first step of anyone I've ever seen. He's extremely talented but also very erratic. Really fun to watch.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's only a poor decision if they view it as NBA or bust. I've gotten the sense over the years that Boat wouldn't mind making 6 figures over in Europe next year if that's what it comes down to.

I think he'll give a few years trying to crack the league (NBDL). He's got a mentor who had to do the same thing (Ollie).

Reaction Score
[quote dogpause, post: 947878, member: 701"]Boat and Daniels are both coming back. An announcement will be made today. [/quote]

Good god I hope your sources are correct. I don't like Chief's sources.

Reaction Score
If both come back, what is everyone's expectations for next year? It probably makes us a top 10 team thus anything short of the Sweet 16 would be disappointing.

Reaction Score
If both come back, what is everyone's expectations for next year? It probably makes us a top 10 team thus anything short of the Sweet 16 would be disappointing.

I expect to win the whole thing every year. Nobody does it better.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You have to imagine Boat and DeAndre will announce today or tomorrow to get more exposure, whatever the decision is.

Reaction Score
Both come back, I think anything less than an elite 8 would be disappointing. There is a good chance that SAMUEL, BRIMAH, CALHOUN are more productive next season than the last. That Daniels and Boat will be at worst the same players they just were, and the additions of a already proven talent in PURVIS along with very talented FROSH in Hamilton and Lubin AND the transfer Cassell Jr means UCONN is a top 10, maybe top 5 team throughout the season.

This will put us in line for another deep tournament run. Dominate our conference, do well in out of conference (3-1 vs Duke, Tx, Stan, and FLA) and 5# isn't out of the question.

I'd prefer to have proven, experienced and growing talent than what Kensucky, Kansas, and Duke are now doing, relying on the one and done to get them there.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Not if the players wouldn't be drafted before DD which neither Poythress or Black would have. That was my point. Me declaring and Poythress and Black declaring would have had the same effect on DD's decision.

That depends, what is your wingspan?

Reaction Score
[quote="...Also absent were Ryan Boatright, DeAndre Daniels and Omar Calhoun. It would be easy to read into that. ....

Maybe they just hate the Red Sox. Lots of people do.[/quote]
Nobody hates the Red Sox except Communists. We are America's team.:)

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Poythress is staying in school because he's not a very good basketball player. Hell of an athlete though. Relies on that advantage for most of his production.
Might also be staying because he's a good student (gasp! That happens at Kentucky?!) and wants to finish his degree, which he will in three years. Emphasis on might because I don't have the same sources as Chief. (The voices in my head just sing German folk songs.)

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
It's only a poor decision if they view it as NBA or bust. I've gotten the sense over the years that Boat wouldn't mind making 6 figures over in Europe next year if that's what it comes down to.

I wouldn't mind making 6 figures over in Europe either. :D

People are so funny. They act like it's some sort of travesty that these kids play overseas.

Reaction Score
Maybe they just hate the Red Sox. Lots of people do.
Nobody hates the Red Sox except Communists. We are America's team.:)[/quote]
Actually, the Cubs are truly America's team. The Red Sox are most of New England's team. Not in CT, however, where the Yanks have 43% while the Sox have only 36% according to QU's poll.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Both come back, I think anything less than an elite 8 would be disappointing. There is a good chance that SAMUEL, BRIMAH, CALHOUN are more productive next season than the last. That Daniels and Boat will be at worst the same players they just were, and the additions of a already proven talent in PURVIS along with very talented FROSH in Hamilton and Lubin AND the transfer Cassell Jr means UCONN is a top 10, maybe top 5 team throughout the season.

This will put us in line for another deep tournament run. Dominate our conference, do well in out of conference (3-1 vs Duke, Tx, Stan, and FLA) and 5# isn't out of the question.

I'd prefer to have proven, experienced and growing talent than what Kensucky, Kansas, and Duke are now doing, relying on the one and done to get them there.

Brimah having shoulder surgery and a 4 month rehab has severely dampened my expectations for him next year. Really hard to make jumps without an offseason, especially for a guy so new to the game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Might also be staying because he's a good student (gasp! That happens at Kentucky?!) and wants to finish his degree, which he will in three years. Emphasis on might because I don't have the same sources as Chief. (The voices in my head just sing German folk songs.)

Fair enough, but if he was a solid first rounder, I'm guessing he'd be gone.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Actually, the Cubs are truly America's team. The Red Sox are most of New England's team. Not in CT, however, where the Yanks have 43% while the Sox have only 36% according to QU's poll.

Since when do Americans back perennial losers??

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Nobody hates the Red Sox except Communists. We are America's team.:)
Actually, the Cubs are truly America's team. The Red Sox are most of New England's team. Not in CT, however, where the Yanks have 43% while the Sox have only 36% according to QU's poll.[/quote]

Is the requirement to be America's team based on losing streaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom