Daniels/Boatright Decision | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Daniels/Boatright Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is what I was thinking. I wish them both the best whatever they decide. But Boat "declaring" for the draft is meaningless because he is not getting drafted. I would just hate to see Boat not stick anywhere and just flounder somewhere. He could play in Europe or China for sure.
It seems that all his life Boat wanted to get a paycheck playing hoops. Can't begrudge him for that. I find it a bit crazy to actually believe he will play himself into next year's first round. He is an older, 5'10 tweener. So what is Boat's real upside of coming back? Of course, his degree and another run in the tourney. But if he really wants to get paid overseas, he should go now, coming off an unbelievable last month of the season.

C

Chief00

You also claimed to have the scoop on Calhoun to BC..
When did I say that? I said he had an interest in the job. They did not have an interest in him. He later said he wasn't interested since he was only looking at good opportunities - a slap at BC after yet again they were not interested in him even after 22 straight loses or something like that.

C

Chief00

We're all waiting on the edge of our seats for you to reveal your sources.
Your post shows your clueless. If you reveal good sources you won't have good sources . Maybe that's why you don't have any- you don't understand that.

Reaction Score
lol, you're actually claiming to have a source? I was being facetious.

Reaction Score
When did I say that? I said he had an interest in the job. They did not have an interest in him. He later said he wasn't interested since he was only looking at good opportunities - a slap at BC after yet again they were not interested in him even after 22 straight loses or something like that.
You claimed to have sources that Calhoun had serious interest in the job:

"I posted about Calhoun and the BC job several days ago. He wants the job - bottom-line. ADs particularly young ones want to make their own hire and now all Hell has broken loose in the media with more to come tomorrow. Bilas, Boeheim, Pearl etc have all endorsed the idea. I expect Jackie McMillan in the Globe to endorse this idea. If they don't hire him I hope he takes another ACC job and beats BC another 20 times LOL. Imagine his resentment if they turn down a hall of fame , 3 times NC coach for another mediocre coach."

There was a whole lot of BS in that post. You need new sources.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Boat wont get drafted. He'll definitely make a summer league roster though.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
Your post shows your clueless. If you reveal good sources you won't have good sources . Maybe that's why you don't have any- you don't understand that.

You've had sources that told you a dozen things over the years. Virtually none of them have actually happened. You're going to get lucky one of these days; a broken clock and all that.

Reaction Score

"I posted about Calhoun and the BC job several days ago. He wants the job - bottom-line. ADs particularly young ones want to make their own hire and now all Hell has broken loose in the media with more to come tomorrow. Bilas, Boeheim, Pearl etc have all endorsed the idea. I expect Jackie McMillan in the Globe to endorse this idea. If they don't hire him I hope he takes another ACC job and beats BC another 20 times LOL. Imagine his resentment if they turn down a hall of fame , 3 times NC coach for another mediocre coach."

Either Chief has the worst sources of all time or he's completely full of it. This post about Calhoun is such nonsense it's almost comical.

Reaction Score
It seems that all his life Boat wanted to get a paycheck playing hoops. Can't begrudge him for that. I find it a bit crazy to actually believe he will play himself into next year's first round. He is an older, 5'10 tweener. So what is Boat's real upside of coming back? Of course, his degree and another run in the tourney. But if he really wants to get paid overseas, he should go now, coming off an unbelievable last month of the season.

Agreed. Napier is a better NBA prospect than Boatright, and Bazz was so damn good all year and he just finally played himself into the first round after winning a national championship.

C

Chief00

You need to learn how to read. I never said Calhoun was going to BC. I said he was interested in the job. Two different things. BC did not have sufficient interest in him.

C

Chief00

You've had sources that told you a dozen things over the years. Virtually none of them have actually happened. You're going to get lucky one of these days; a broken clock and all that.
Show me. My best prediction was in August of 2011 when I said Drummond would enroll in a few weeks - no one else predicted that - many thought he would the following year. As for this prediction Boatshow and Daniels going pro we will know soon enough. If you knew who my source is you would laugh and still not believe it.

Reaction Score
You need to learn how to read. I never said Calhoun was going to BC. I said he was interested in the job. Two different things. BC did not have sufficient interest in him.
So when i said "You claimed to have sources that Calhoun had serious interest in the job" how was I wrong? And why am I the one who need to learn how to read?

Stop listening to the voices in your head, they are not sources.

C

Chief00

So when i said "You claimed to have sources that Calhoun had serious interest in the job" how was I wrong? And why am I the one who need to learn how to read?

Stop listening to the voices in your head, they are not sources.

Yes, you were wrong.

Reaction Score
Chief, I'm not looking to pile on here but you were claiming to know all kinds of inside information during the Nate Miles fiasco. I seem to recall on multiple occasions you said there was more information yet to come out and when it did all would be well. Uh, that didn't happen.

Reaction Score

At 5'10" there is nothing "tweener" about him, he has but one position to play. I think Napier greatly increased his draft stock this season. Boatright may not have the same upside but I think as the focal point of the offense he could at least get himself into a position to be drafted. Staying would also get him a lot closer to a degree. He is not likely to make enough playing overseas to just kick back after his professional career is over after 8-10 years. The degree would help a lot with his life after basketball.

I think he should stay, its the best choice from a basketball and non-basketball standpoint but I wish him the best whichever he chooses.

C

Chief00

Chief, I'm not looking to pile on here but you were claiming to know all kinds of inside information during the Nate Miles fiasco. I seem to recall on multiple occasions you said there was more information yet to come out and when it did all would be well. Uh, that didn't happen.[/quote
With Nate there were two different issues - appropriate punishment for sexual he said/she said with subsequent restraining order violation and the other issue was NCAA violations. The NCAA violations from a particular standpoint made the outcome on the other matter irrelevant.

C

Chief00

Imagine if I was wrong on this how much you would pile on? Unless something changes I am right and the usual suspects with no sources of their own say things that aren't true or logical. You say I was wrong about something I never said. Quite frankly, I don't care what you think - I don't think you can process an issue more complex than what day is it?

C

Chief00

Chief, I'm not looking to pile on here but you were claiming to know all kinds of inside information during the Nate Miles fiasco. I seem to recall on multiple occasions you said there was more information yet to come out and when it did all would be well. Uh, that didn't happen.

The first issue with Nate (appropriate punishment for sexual she said/he said with subsequent restraining order violation) was the issue I referred to. However, later an NCAA issue (accepting impermissible benefits) came out. Because of that it made pursuing the 1st issue irrelevant. I know some on this board have trouble processing these nuances and timelines but that's what happened.

Reaction Score
The first issue with Nate (appropriate punishment for s e xual she said/he said with subsequent restraint order violation) was the issue I referred to. However, later an NCAA issue (accepting impermissible benefits) came out. Because of that it made pursuing the 1st issue irrelevant. I know some on this board have trouble processing these nuances and timelines but that's what happened.

You're completely incoherent. You almost have to respect it. Nothing makes me laugh more than when you start a post with "A lot of people have been asking me to break down [some basketball issue that no one has asked you to break down]. " Just hilarious.

It's not exactly going out on a limb to think that Boatright and Daniels are gone, and you don't need "sources" for that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
At 5'10" there is nothing "tweener" about him, he has but one position to play. I think Napier greatly increased his draft stock this season. Boatright may not have the same upside but I think as the focal point of the offense he could at least get himself into a position to be drafted. Staying would also get him a lot closer to a degree. He is not likely to make enough playing overseas to just kick back after his professional career is over after 8-10 years. The degree would help a lot with his life after basketball.

Not going to argue with the principle, but he can make enough overseas to be set (several million). He can get his degree at any time (please leave in good standing, please leave in good standing). Tony Robertson and Taliek came back recently to get their degrees.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You're completely incoherent. You almost have to respect it. Nothing makes me laugh more than when you start a post with "A lot of people have been asking me to break down [some basketball issue that no one has asked you to break down]. " Just hilarious.

It's not exactly going out on a limb to think that Boatright and Daniels are gone, and you don't need "sources" for that.

The best part is, "unless something changes I am right". How can you ever be wrong?

Reaction Score
Predictions:
- DD leaves and it's disappointing and a marginally bad decision (drafted 33rd)
- Boat leaves and it's disappointing and an abysmal decision (drafted 55th)

Reaction Score
Predictions:
- DD leaves and it's disappointing and a marginally bad decision (drafted 33rd)
- Boat leaves and it's disappointing and an abysmal decision (drafted 55th)
If Boat leaves I would be really surprised if he is drafted (I hope I am wrong though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom