Daniels/Boatright Decision | The Boneyard

Daniels/Boatright Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There has been a pretty shocking lack of coverage from the national guys on the national champions two most important potential returnees. I guess they are too busy crowning Duke and Kentucky for winning the recruiting war or something? Or doing write ups on guys who average 2 points and 1 rebound announcing they are returning?

In any case, with only 4 days left to the deadline to declare is there ANY information out there as to when they will announce or which way they are leaning?

Reaction Score
You answered your question in a way. They'll announce their decision when they make it. At that point, everyone will assess the team.

Reaction Score
You're right but in a day and age where everyone speculates there has really been none. It strikes me as odd. I guess that is good on UConn though to be honest. A lot of players and schools invite on that nonsense.

Reaction Score
Right after the championship game there were a flurry of preseason top 25 rankings put out by all the sites, and they had to base UConn's position on the uncertainty at play. Not sure how much more you want. Think about the national appetite for an article that just wonders aloud whether Daniels will go pro or not. No one but UConn fans cares until he makes his choice.

The other factor is that neither are expected to go high, so even NBA fans aren't going to get too worked up about it.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that it's been this quiet, as well. By this point, you generally at least have an inkling of which way each players are leaning based on quotes from players, family members, or coaches. We've really been left in the dark this year (which isn't a bad thing).

Reaction Score
I am glad. We don't need more speculation. Let's just wait until they make their decision. Randall entered the draft today bringing the early entry total to 33.

Reaction Score
I say BoatShow ends up staying.. Not too certain about De'Andre... He showed a lot of folks what he is capable of on the basketball court in the tournament. I wish he stays though...

If they both stay, we got a shot at 'Shocking the World" again...

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if DD comes back and I'd be surprised if Boat does not.

I do not know what you want from the media? What are they suppose to be covering?

Reaction Score
I think their decision is Friday night primetime. A 1hr special for each based on the Lebron "The Decision". Should be quite entertaining like the Lebron decision was.

all the major networks are going to carry it. 8 and 9 eastern time.

Reaction Score
You're right but in a day and age where everyone speculates there has really been none. It strikes me as odd. I guess that is good on UConn though to be honest. A lot of players and schools invite on that nonsense.
I think if both were lottery picks or even sure first rounders it would be different. But Daniels is a border line first round pick if you think he is focused enough. Boatright is borderline 2nd round. What are people going to speculate? Guys in that level are a dime a dozen. If Daniels goes, someone might get a bargain.

C

Chief00

My understanding is they both are leaving for what they hope is The League. I figured Daniels was leaving, surprised about Boatshow.

Reaction Score
My understanding is they both are leaving for what they hope is The League. I figured Daniels was leaving, surprised about Boatshow.

What is there to be surprised about? Nothing is announced.

C

Chief00

While Ryan may have had family pressure to leave, I thought Ollie could make the giving you the keys sale. But, unless something changes that did not carry the day. Agents have been known to givec kids money quickly so they can't go back before announcement.

Reaction Score
While Ryan may have had family pressure to leave, I thought Ollie could make the giving you the keys sale. But, unless something changes that did not carry the day. Agents have been known to givec kids money quickly so they can't go back before announcement.
I'm sure you have the scoop, lol.

Reaction Score
There has been a pretty shocking lack of coverage from the national guys on the national champions two most important potential returnees. I guess they are too busy crowning Duke and Kentucky for winning the recruiting war or something? Or doing write ups on guys who average 2 points and 1 rebound announcing they are returning?

In any case, with only 4 days left to the deadline to declare is there ANY information out there as to when they will announce or which way they are leaning?

DD is projected as a late first round pick if a few underclassman who could declare end up staying in college. In this case he probably should and will declare for the draft. Boatright is not even on the NBA radar. He's out of the top 100-150 prospects and would greatly struggle to make a roster. If he leaves it is to play overseas. The NBA should not even be part of his decision to come back or not. It's whether or not making a couple hundred thousand dollars and sending it home to his family right now vs in 12 months is very important to him. Only he and his family knows that.

Reaction Score
Well here's this...
@AmoreCourant: DeAndre Daniels, Ryan Boatright not here with #uConn players.

Reaction Score
Well here's this...
@AmoreCourant: DeAndre Daniels, Ryan Boatright not here with #uConn players.
Boat is with his family mulling over the decision, I think dd might be too, I'm not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom