Daniels/Boatright Decision | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniels/Boatright Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been assuming since 4/7 that both were gone. I'd be shocked if Boatright decided to come back, I'd be less surprised if DeAndre did, and that's got nothing to do with their respective chances at getting drafted. Boat's been flirting with this since he was a freshman.

Reaction Score
I remember Boat saying that they (him and DD) came in together and they're gonna leave together. This was either at the beginning of the season or end of last year. Selfishly, I just hope they don't leave until next year.

Reaction Score
I don't understand who would even tell him would be late first round.

“You hear a lot of stuff, but you don’t really know until you get there and get through it,” Boatright said. “I’ve heard anywhere from late first round all the way to not drafted.”

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/spor...right-facing-a-big-decision.html#.U1bbeFeTbjs
he's been saying that since the end of his freshmen season so at this point you can't really take it seriously. There isn't a GM alive that told KO he would go first round.

Reaction Score
I've been assuming since 4/7 that both were gone. I'd be shocked if Boatright decided to come back, I'd be less surprised if DeAndre did, and that's got nothing to do with their respective chances at getting drafted. Boat's been flirting with this since he was a freshman.
I remember JC saying something like "Daniels took an extra prep year to make sure he was sufficiently prepared for college ball." So I don't think it would be a surprise if he came back. And the basic points being made about Boat are also right on.

Reaction Score
I think both kids should do what they think is best for them and their family and if that decision is to leave to play proffessionally then i wish them the best. They owe us nothing because they gave us everything this season and i for one am thankful they decided to be huskies in the first place.

That being said my non biased strictly basketball side tells me neither kid should go because neither is ready. Boat likely isnt getting drafted and DD will be in the Dleague next year. My thing is this are either of these two players better than what bazz was after his junior year? I say absolutely not. Bazz went from a second rounder to possibly lower end of the lottery and i think Boat and DD could both improve their stock as well. I think the benefit of staying will help them more in the long run than going now.

Reaction Score
I say BoatShow ends up staying.. Not too certain about De'Andre... He showed a lot of folks what he is capable of on the basketball court in the tournament. I wish he stays though...

If they both stay, we got a shot at 'Shocking the World" again...

You still havent learned after `11 and `14? This is UCONN and we always have a shot if we`re allowed to dance.

Reaction Score
Boat made many comments alluding to coming back throughout the season, as did his high school coach. He realizes the benefits of being the man for a season. I think DD is gone though and good for him.

Reaction Score
There has been a pretty shocking lack of coverage from the national guys on the national champions two most important potential returnees. I guess they are too busy crowning Duke and Kentucky for winning the recruiting war or something? Or doing write ups on guys who average 2 points and 1 rebound announcing they are returning?

In any case, with only 4 days left to the deadline to declare is there ANY information out there as to when they will announce or which way they are leaning?
National media are still focused on what Kentucky and Florida did wrong against UConn in the games they lost! Probably also more interested in the next one and dones at Kentucky as well.

Reaction Score
Boat made many comments alluding to coming back throughout the season, as did his high school coach. He realizes the benefits of being the man for a season. I think DD is gone though and good for him.
Saw him projected as a mid 2nd rounder which means no guaranteed contract and depending on the team that may pick him could mean a lot of time in the D League.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
While Ryan may have had family pressure to leave, I thought Ollie could make the giving you the keys sale. But, unless something changes that did not carry the day. Agents have been known to givec kids money quickly so they can't go back before announcement.

That's what scares me about Boat being in Chicago all weekend. Every time I think of him in that city I have bad flashbacks with the term " improper benefits" floating in my admittedly feeble mind. we lost him twice in his freshman season to that term.

I really hope he comes back, but understand and wish him the world if he decides to go out.

Reaction Score
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/f...e-ballpark-notes-quotes-thoughts-from-fenway/

Also absent were Ryan Boatright, DeAndre Daniels and Omar Calhoun. It would be easy to read into that. Is it a sign that Daniels and Boatright are leaving for the NBA Draft? It could be, sure. But we also know that it is very important that players to catch up with school work, especially if they are leaving, and finish the spring semester satisfactorily to keep the program out of APR trouble. Since I’m asked all the time, I’ll say this: I think Boatright and Daniels are leaning toward leaving, but could still determine otherwise this week. One way or another, we’ll know by the end of this week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I believe they're both going to declare for the draft.

Reaction Score
I think I do. Boat's logic is just that but he did his job and played great D in the F4. I wish him the best in the NBA Draft.

We're all waiting on the edge of our seats for you to reveal your sources.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't understand who would even tell him would be late first round.

“You hear a lot of stuff, but you don’t really know until you get there and get through it,” Boatright said. “I’ve heard anywhere from late first round (his buddies and/or disreputable agent runners) all the way to not drafted. (Ollie, JC and other sensible individuals)”

I hope Ryan listens to the guys who know their stuff. The NBA draft ain't happenin for him this year. If he wants to make a great living playing hoops overseas I don't begrudge him at all but I really hope he isn't declaring because he thinks he's going to be a late first rounder. I'm a big supporter of those who think he won us a title and doesn't owe us a thing but I really hope he is making a reality based decision and not one influenced by folks who don't have enough info to give him good guidance.

Reaction Score
I think if both were lottery picks or even sure first rounders it would be different. But Daniels is a border line first round pick if you think he is focused enough. Boatright is borderline 2nd round. What are people going to speculate? Guys in that level are a dime a dozen. If Daniels goes, someone might get a bargain.
Boat is not getting any taller only older.
His time is now unless he actually needs the degree.
Daniels can improve by coming back but his skill sets are pure NBA.

Reaction Score
I do believe after reading all the posts here and trying to read the tea leaves that both are gone. Wish them the best if this happens and hoping i'm wrong and they or at least one of them come back if not both.

Reaction Score
I really do hope Boat and Daniels make the best decision for themselves and their family, and I believe that is coming back to Uconn. However, if the two leave/declare, this will allow others like Kentan and Tsam to gain valuable experience, setting us up for a run in 2015-2016, where I think we have a better chance for number 5 than next year with Boat and Daniels

Reaction Score
not to get ahead of myself, but does anyone know how the staff will use the 2 schollies?

Reaction Score
I hope Ryan listens to the guys who know their stuff. The NBA draft ain't happenin for him this year. If he wants to make a great living playing hoops overseas I don't begrudge him at all but I really hope he isn't declaring because he thinks he's going to be a late first rounder. I'm a big supporter of those who think he won us a title and doesn't owe us a thing but I really hope he is making a reality based decision and not one influenced by folks who don't have enough info to give him good guidance.
That is what I was thinking. I wish them both the best whatever they decide. But Boat "declaring" for the draft is meaningless because he is not getting drafted. I would just hate to see Boat not stick anywhere and just flounder somewhere. He could play in Europe or China for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom