Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I feel like they should put those electric dog collars on coaches to keep them from being several feel into the court during play.
Shock collars? Ooh, that could be entertaining.

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist gonna win in OT and claim the regular season WAC title at 18-2.
I believe the Lancers and the Lopes are receiving byes to the semis which means there may be a third match at The Orleans arena. Could three be the charm for Molly Miller's crew?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I’m not sure I totally fault Tennessee for selling out to make sure Kamilla Cardoso was the one who had to shoot a three.

Tennessee deserved to win that game. Brutal loss. I think they were in the tournament regardless but they are absolutely in now. They could give somebody hell as a 7-seed.

South Carolina is going to have to both bounce back from an emotional win and play significantly better tomorrow or the undefeated streak will only last another night.

Curious others’ thoughts — was it bad defense by SC or was Tennessee just hitting anything they threw up? To me it looked like both.

No, they didn't. Nobody "deserves" anything; it's not like the officials robbed them of the victory. They were down 12 points to start the fourth quarter. And, they missed two crucial free throws which would have sealed the victory.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don’t think particularly highly of Ole Miss but I’m impressed LSU was able to win without Williams, with only 7 and then losing Poa to injury late.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Horrible horrible day basketball wise #1 seed High Point, best team all year in the conference.... playing on its home court.... only led for 15 seconds all game long. This is the end of an era. The last remnants of the NCAA tourney team that held mighty UCONN to 102 points have exhausted their eligibility :oops:

Closely related, High Point's mens team was having its best season ever, was attempting to make it to the NCAA tourney for the first time ever, #1 seeded and lost today on its home court just like the women :( Not even gonna talk about UNC-G's mens team :(

Wow! There are no nights off in whatever the name of their conference is.

Bunch of Major Conference elitists around here I see :mad:

Its the Big South Conference. Where Winners are Made. :mad::(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Full day of basketball, and unfortunately i only saw a few snippets of any action.

I caught the end of that TN game... they showed the TN fans especially one wearing a #20 jersey dancing around after they seemingly had the game in hand. I WISH they would have showed the same fans when the ball went through the basket for SCar :D

Uh oh
Hope it’s not the big CV :(

Went to the Urgent Care center today...

tested negative for Covid

tested negative for the Flu

tested positive for curmudgeon :oops:

Reaction Score

Oh, this is going to be fun. A'ja has won several bets this season where the prize is the loser has to wear South Carolina gear. This one is going to be the funniest :D

I feel her pain, but just for the TN players. They could have given up early. No one on the ball with 1.1 seconds left? Get a finger on the ball... clock starts or force a non direct pass...and it's over. Jackson was in no man's land. I wonder who the coaches told her to cover...Raven or Cardoso. In any case... kudos to Jackson. She's ready for the WNBA despite some uphill battles.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
WN's NET update for today. "NET Delta" is the change in a team's NET Ranking since SUN, MAR 3rd. Top 80 NET teams with largest +/- movement in the top 12 conferences.
1710081438224.jpeg

Reaction Score

Oh, this is going to be fun. A'ja has won several bets this season where the prize is the loser has to wear South Carolina gear. This one is going to be the funniest :D

As it stands, the entire projected Aces starting line-up (Chelsea-Duke, Kelsey-Mike Neighbors, Jackie-Notre Dame, and Candace-Tennessee x3) will be wearing Gamecocks gear for their tunnel fits at some point in the season! Might as well get it over with and do it in unison for the first game. :p

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Chattanooga wins the Southern Tourney and punches their ticket.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Iowa probably secures a #1 seed with a win. If Nebraska had won, there was a possibility that the Pac-12 could have ended up with 3 of the four 1 seeds. UCLA will be a 2 seed now. Texas of course still in the mix for a 1 seed if they win the Big 12 tournament.

Reaction Score
Iowa probably secures a #1 seed with a win. If Nebraska had won, there was a possibility that the Pac-12 could have ended up with 3 of the four 1 seeds. UCLA will be a 2 seed now. Texas of course still in the mix for a 1 seed if they win the Big 12 tournament.
I agree re UCLA - but that may depend on Texas winning out. ( though the 3 of 4 hypo for one conference is Extremely improbable.) I personally don’t feel like Texas is a top 4 team , but that doesn’t matter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know ND lost Watson to injury yesterday, but why is NC State playing only 6 today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What a stark contrast. Big 10 Championship, 2 teams that can score. The end of this ACC Championship is just horrible basketball. Wolfpack have scored 2 points in the last 7 minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Notre Dame wins. How high of a seed have they risen to?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What? Eastern Washington won the Big Sky, 26-5 record, getting schooled by 8-24 Weber St. in an early round of their conference tourney. Looking to join High Point w/ an auto bid to the WNIT.

Reaction Score
NCSt had a 49-43 lead with 7 minutes to go.

They scored 2 points after that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What? Eastern Washington won the Big Sky, 26-5 record, getting schooled by 8-24 Weber St. in an early round of their conference tourney. Looking to join High Point w/ an auto bid to the WNIT.
Okay, order has been restored. Weber went up 9 coming out of halftime, but the Eagles are up 10 now inside a minute left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
NCSt had a 49-43 lead with 7 minutes to go.

They scored 2 points after that.
Reminiscent of their collapse at VT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member