Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After watching every team play today I would be in favor of canceling the NCAA tourney this year giving the trophy to South Carolina now. So much low quality basketball from all the other top teams, South Carolina is the only team that deserves to be a national champion this year imo.
Care to revisit? South Carolina needed a miracle to beat a Tennessee team today who has done nothing significant all year.

Reaction Score
I have to say I NEVER like this idea of fouling. You give the opposing team the ball out of bounds with time to set up a play, and free time for the ball to fly thru the air.

In contrast they are running down the floor, all out of sorts.

I never understood why teams do this.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The ending of that game stressed the importance of FT. They're called "free throws" for a reason. Make one on the previous possession and the THREE sends the game to OT.

Just a devastating emotional loss for the Lady Vols. They were about to be the team of the week and instant media darlings.

Reaction Score
Care to revisit? South Carolina needed a miracle to beat a Tennessee team today who has done nothing significant all year.
TN plays them tough for some reason. Nobody else seems to be able to copy them.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
Today hasn't been kind to the folks in Orange. Their men's team lost a close one at home to Kentucky. :oops:

Reaction Score
But they won? This just reinforced my belief that they are the best team in the country by a long shot. Pulling out a a clutch win like that in a conference tourney is insane. I was worried they might lose in a fluke night off but now I know they can’t be beaten after that tbh. I read an article in January saying they might be the greatest college women’s basketball tema
If all time and thought it was a bit too much but now I’m not so sure.

Reaction Score
To beat SC you need some luck. If they have that too, then it’s over.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
TN plays them tough for some reason. Nobody else seems to be able to copy them.
It seems like Utah, North Carolina and Duke played them reasonably close in OOC. Those aren't exactly the top teams in the country. LSU only lost to them by 6 and yesterday they only beat A&M by 11. They are undefeated, but I think their invulnerability is overstated.

Reaction Score
they might be the greatest college women’s basketball tema

Uh no, they are not the greatest team ever.

If they finish undefeated they certainly are an all-time great, no question. But the GOAT team doesn’t need a miracle 3 against an unranked team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I only tuned in for 4Q but I have to say it was shocking to see SC revert to their traditional offensive ineptitude of old. They looked utterly lost.

And then for Tennessee to hand the game away in the last 3 seconds with two missed FTs and an end-of-game defense that might have been drawn up by Wes Moore. Oh wait no that's Kellie Harper. Just wow.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But they won? This just reinforced my belief that they are the best team in the country by a long shot. Pulling out a a clutch win like that in a conference tourney is insane. I was worried they might lose in a fluke night off but now I know they can’t be beaten after that tbh. I read an article in January saying they might be the greatest college women’s basketball tema
I was trying to give you some benefit of the doubt, but now it's clear your posts are farcical.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
First time we EVER cheered for TN. I hope a whole bunch of coaches watch tape of this game to see how TN came back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom