Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Marshall will meet James Madison in the Sun Belt final. I think those were the top 2 seeds.

Reaction Score
Richmond beats Rhode Island 65-51 in the A10 final. Another ticket punched.
Gutted for Tammi Reiss, but this is the best outcome. Richmond was the top A-10 team for much of the season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What a complete reversal in USC-Stanford.

When they played before, Juju scored 51 of her team's 67 points.

Today Stanford has solved the Juju riddle, held her to 2 points so far ... but everyone else for USC is going off. And USC getting lots of O-boards.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford looking out of sorts. Watkins still not scoring, but USC doing fine without her today.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Let's hear what Lil' Kim has to say about her "Angels". Oh I'm sure they're just playing hard, right? And there's no way that their behavior reflects poorly on Lil' Kim, right?

Plebe

Reaction Score
This...is wild! On brand for Mulkey, however.
What part of her statement do you disagree with?

For Cardoso to do what she did to a player half her size is the part that is on brand.

Reaction Score
What part of her statement do you disagree with?

For Cardoso to do what she did to a player half her size is the part that is on brand.
How about the part where she's condoning violence--as long as it involves a bigger player and not the player who incited the violence IN THE FIRST PLACE??????? If Flau'jae didn't want to get decked by a hotheaded player, she shouldn't have been involved in the fracas. How hard is that to grasp?

I did not agree with Kamilla's act and have said that MANY TIMES.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How about the part where she's condoning violence--as long as it involves a bigger player and not the player who incited the violence IN THE FIRST PLACE??????? If Flau'jae didn't want to get decked by a hotheaded player, she shouldn't have been involved in the fracas. How hard is that to grasp?

I did not agree with Kamilla's act and have said that MANY TIMES.
Lol she didn't "incite violence." Good lord

Reaction Score
Then what did she do? Because pulling a player down intentionally and pushing another doesn't make it seem like she was interested in any peace offerings.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Then what did she do? Because pulling a player down intentionally and pushing another doesn't seem she was interested in any peace offerings.
This is how I saw it -
1 - Flau'jae committed an intentional foul on Fulwiley. Refs called it.
2 - Watkins & Flau'jae bumped each other. Who did it first or more? Who knows.
3 - Cardoso pushed Flau'jae to the floor
4 - lots of other stuff happened too, however #1-3 is what lead to the kerfuffle.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
USC-Stanford was quite physical throughout and got kind of chippy. I wasn't really seeing trash talk back and forth, and there were no bench clearing brawls in this one.

Reaction Score
47-28 rebounding advantage. I don't think that happens to Stanford very often. 18 O boards. Marshall had 18 rebounds.
As Rebecca pointed out, Stan was so focused on Juju — Iriafen and brink seemed to double team her every time she went into the paint — that they left the lane open for RBs

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Brianna Scott, Georgetown, just fell on the court, and sadly, her screams of pain can be heard everywhere. Was hard to see what actually happened on tv. It's a close game and these refs have lost control, if they ever had it.
However, 55-46, Georgetown, final score.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
As Rebecca pointed out, Stan was so focused on Juju — Iriafen and brink seemed to double team her every time she went into the paint — that they left the lane open for RBs
Yeah the strategy kept Juju under control but certainly didn't work overall.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah the strategy kept Juju under control but certainly didn't work overall.
Forbes has demonstrated that she can also go off -- and she did.

Two massive factors in my view were Marshall's defense on Brink and USC's huge edge (18 to 6) on the offensive glass.

Reaction Score
Flaue'jae was correctly called for an intentional foul when grabbing Fulwiley's jersey. She and Watkins then got into it, and I'm not gonna judge who did it more.
Watkins said words, FJ shoved her.

...Which lead to Cardoso losing her cool, but I think the absolute scrum they were allowing inside the paint - really the whole quarter (whole game really) was the real cause.

You can't let competitors talk and bang on each other like the officials did and not expect something.

If I could have made a prop bet on South Carolina pulls ahead late and we have a bench clearing brawl I'd be rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom