Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. UConn's entire team is out injured other than Bueckers, and Marquette still can't even stay close to them? That is not a Tourney team, Big East gets 2 bids, that's it. Seriously weak sauce other than the Huskies and Creighton.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. UConn's entire team is out injured other than Bueckers, and Marquette still can't even stay close to them? That is not a Tourney team, Big East gets 2 bids, that's it. Seriously weak sauce other than the Huskies and Creighton.
I just love how if UConn doesn't blow a team out, it's because we suck. And if we do blow them out, it's because they suck.

Thank you for your keen interest in Big East women's basketball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Having said that, going scoreless for the last 15 minutes of the game is not the final impression you want to be giving the committee.

Creme has Marquette in the field but I don't share his optimism.

Reaction Score
Having said that, going scoreless for the last 15 minutes of the game is not the final impression you want to be giving the committee.

Agreed. A loss is one thing. But THAT? That was not a good look.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Paige deserves some shine.
27 points (almost exactly the margin of victory)
12 rebounds
4 assists
4 blocks
3 steals
0 turnovers
0 fouls

Reaction Score
LSU with big rebounding superiority over ‘Cocks. Three SCar bigs with 3 fouls heading to fourth.

Ouch

Reaction Score
PAC 12 championship. Average age in my section 71......PA blaring at ear splitting volume....RAP. Cray!

In warm up I don't think JuJu missed a single shot. Will be a fascinating match. Close's vaunted D was unable to shut her down making the kitties and Barnes look good holding her to 17.

Over/ under that JuJu exceeds her semi assist total?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

You were saying? I'm feeling pretty comfortable saying that yes, Marquette does suck.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You were saying? I'm feeling pretty comfortable saying that yes, Marquette does suck.
Does Villanova also suck, then? Interesting that a team that sucks gave Oregon State all they could handle in Corvallis.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Does Villanova also suck, then? Interesting that a team that sucks gave Oregon State all they could handle in Corvallis.
In November. Oregon St. improved a lot.

Big East outside of UConn and Creighton did pretty close to nothing this year. You know it's true, you don't have to fight me on this. You can let your inner contrarian take a break.

Reaction Score
Hard to be certain, my eyes are watering from the LOUD rap, but it looks like an all woman officiating crew.

Cheryl Miller on the Jumbo Tron firing up SC Nation.

Andrew Luck for the Card on the Monitor.....

Don't think there are 10,000 in the seats for this final PAC game......if the kitties had made the final I suspect there would be 10,000

Over,/under Jump exceeds 20?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bunch of tough guys in the SEC. Somebody jumping out of the stands.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Don't think there are 10,000 in the seats for this final PAC game......if the kitties had made the final I suspect there would be 10,000
We've never traveled well - small school with an alum base pulled in a million professional and geographic directions.

U$C still needs to unlearn a 20-year habit of woefully ignoring its WBB team.

And really, for basketball purposes this conference effectively ceases to exist in a week when the men's tourney auto-bid is assigned. Not hard to figure out why we're not capturing huge crowds...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lol okay so now it's Oregon State who sucked ... in November. Got it.
Since you are all about cherry picking results, Nova beat Wake Forest by 9. The same team who went 2-16 in conference and 7-25 overall. Care to comment?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Since you are all about cherry picking results, Nova beat Wake Forest by 9. The same team who went 2-16 in conference and 7-25 overall. Care to comment?
Wake Forest is the best 7-25 team in history.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I gotta say, Dawn loves to boast about the "culture" she's built -- Cardoso's behavior in this game (and all season really) epitomizes why I'm not impressed.

Reaction Score
I gotta say, Dawn loves to boast about the "culture" she's built -- Cardoso's behavior in this game (and all season really) epitomizes why I'm not impressed.
Her arguing with the officials is not a good look

Reaction Score
That's been Cardoso regardless of her time at South Carolina. She's shown that temperament in HS, AAU and International play, including being ejected during Olympic qualifiers this year. Dawn tolerating it is one thing, but this behaviour has been around for some time.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's been Cardoso regardless of her time at South Carolina. She's shown that temperament in HS, AAU and International play, including being ejected during Olympic qualifiers this year. Dawn tolerating it is one thing, but this behaviour has been around for some time.
And that is my point. Your culture either tolerates that nonsense or it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom