USA 16U Team Trials - General | Page 4 | The Boneyard

USA 16U Team Trials - General

Reaction Score
Flynn offers his final cuts........a number of players offering similar skill sets, altitude taking it's toll on different layers leading to up and down play.........doesn't include Brunelle..... shows just how difficult it will be for those choosing this morning

Getting The Right Mix - Bluestar Media

Reaction Score

No Paopao or Rickea Jackson. A lot of the "gurus" were picking them. And I wonder why that site keeps listing Watson as a 6-3 guard with 11 others still on there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No Paopao or Rickea Jackson. A lot of the "gurus" were picking them. And I wonder why that site keeps listing Watson as a 6-3 guard with 11 others still on there.
You can blame the USA basketball Website. The following players grew at least an inch overnight Watson, Brink, Boston, Brunelle, Parker.
USA Women's U16 National Team Finalists

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Save for Jackson, every one of the players UConn has had reported interest in made the last 18. That's amazing.

Reaction Score
5 star Nyah Green who many consider the number one player in the '19 class did not make the cut..........interesting..........

Reaction Score
I Thought treasure hunt would make the team, she is a very good player, Glad to see Brink and Fran make the final cuts.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How special are Azzi Fudd and Christyn Williams each making the USA basketball age group team 2 full years up.
I think the last two players to do that were Kara Wolters and Stewie.
Hoping Fudd and Williams also end up at UCONN.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Kenny Kallina can be somewhat annoying at time but eveyone can be at an extent.

I will say he isn't wrong about PG play. That's exactly what cost the U17 team last year and he makes a very good argument.

Reaction Score

I will say he isn't wrong about PG play. That's exactly what cost the U17 team last year and he makes a very good argument.

His argument is good only if you agree with him that Paige Bueckers isn't a pg. I think she is and that gives the team 2 pg's on a 12 player roster.

But I like his candor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kenny is annoying. PG play, post play and coaching were all poor last time around. I would like to see Kenny thank the committee for what are some clearly hard decision instead of taking multiple shot at people who were not part of the process. He threw multiple jabs a Mike Flynn and Bluestar because of how many Philly Belles made the team. If multiple Belles kids are making these teams and we have been already assured by 'a reliable source" that Kevin Lynch doesn't get to vote on Belles players then just maybe the Belles are preparing their kids better than anyone else.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
His argument is good only if you agree with him that Paige Bueckers isn't a pg. I think she is and that gives the team 2 pg's on a 12 player roster.
Exactly! There are three premium PGs (Paige Bueckers, Zia Cooke, Azzi Fudd) left among the 18 finalist.

Reaction Score
Why am I not surprised? They should go the opposite way and list them all as 5-8. Mess everyone up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Kalina did a podcast with some other AAU guy after the U19 team was selected and they complained incessantly about Christyn Williams making the team as a rising high school senior even though USA BB has included similar players on previous U19 teams. They said it was all Geno's doing and the U19 coach Jen Rizzotti although they eventually realized Jen is not the coach of the team (and Geno has nothing to do with the U19 team).

Kalina is a gadfly and the only people who care what he thinks are those who are looking to be critical of USA BB.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kenny complains about USA Basketball "hating Florida," and ne might be right. And he might be the main reason.
Hating Florida? Really?
Of the 133 kids that tried out for U16 team only a handful (FIVE!) were from Florida.
Number of FL prospect in ESPN Terrific 25 for the class of 2019=ZERO!
Number of FL prospects in Prospectsnation top 50 or the class of 2019=ONE!
Number of FL prospect being tracked by ESPN for the class of 2020=TWO!
How is this hating on Florida?

Reaction Score
  1. Nicc Jackson‏ @niccdontcare 5h5 hours ago
    You can be a NO NAME coming in Ball Out and get cut or be a BIG NAME coming in PLAY average and make the cut. #SadTruth
    Nicc Jackson‏ @niccdontcare 5h5 hours ago
  2. The power of association and affiliation is real. Politics kills everything
    1f44e-1f3ff.png

Nicc Jackson‏ @niccdontcare 6h6 hours ago
  3. Let's see if Cali will have any on the team when it's all said and done. Knocking us off the team slowly but surely lmao #Politics
Nicc Jackson‏ @niccdontcare 5h5 hours ago
Replying to @KennyKallina
As good as these trials were bro it's hard to believe certain players got cut this am. Some were flat out balling since day one.

Reaction Score
Hating Florida? Really?
Of the 133 kids that tried out for U16 team only a handful (FIVE!) were from Florida.
Number of FL prospect in ESPN Terrific 25 for the class of 2019=ZERO!
Number of FL prospects in Prospectsnation top 50 or the class of 2019=ONE!
Number of FL prospect being tracked by ESPN for the class of 2020=TWO!
How is this hating on Florida?
Have to agree, he makes no sense. There's nobody here to hate. And living in Florida, I can attest that the girls BB is very poor here. A prospect here and there but that's it. The coaching is very weak in general and other than AAU teams, the kids don't go anywhere near a gym in the offseason. If they don't have a father or someone to teach them fundamentals they don't get any.

Reaction Score
Kalina did a podcast with some other AAU guy after the U19 team was selected and they complained incessantly about Christyn Williams making the team as a rising high school senior even though USA BB has included similar players on previous U19 teams. They said it was all Geno's doing and the U19 coach Jen Rizzotti although they eventually realized Jen is not the coach of the team (and Geno has nothing to do with the U19 team).

Kalina is a gadfly and the only people who care what he thinks are those who are looking to be critical of USA BB.
Agree. Just another wannabe guru who can't understand why they don't let him help pick the teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom