USA 16U Team Trials - General | The Boneyard

USA 16U Team Trials - General

Reaction Score
DAdEgzyXgAMKsMD.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Three Jersey Shore girls included on the list: Diamond Miller, Lola Mullaney and Kylee Watson

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Yikes! Do the kids live in dorms when they are out there?
How many courts must they have? The facility must stretch from east Colorado Springs to the Kansas border.

Reaction Score
142 down to 12 in a week or less...........not an easy task......I guess they are trying to be inclusive when they should probably be a bit more exclusive...........

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Too many names to go thru them all but just a mention of 2 of the kids who we should be keeping track of:

Myra Gordon....2020'er....sister of Lexi.
Aliyah Boston....Worcester Academy big....2019'er...Aliyah was in Gampel on First Night last October.
Wonder if she might stop by in October 2017?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
140+ is a big number, the reason it is that large is because U16 is the last year you can “self-nominate” after this tryouts are by invitation only. From the people trying out I’m sure I’ll miss a few UCONN connections:

River Baldwin visited UCONN but verbal to FSU

Aliyah Boston visited UCONN on first night.

Maddie Burke visited UCONN with AAU teammate Kylee Watson.

Samantha Brunelle visited and has a UCONN offer -October 2016.

Myra Gordon visited with her sister Lexi.

The following players although not yet linked to UCONN have been getting much BY love:

UCONN visited Zia Cooke Sept 2016

Paige Bueckers inspired her own thread as UCONN PG of the future.

Cameron Brink inspired comparisons to a young Stewie-very young!

Sydney Parrish is from Indiana expect ND to fight for her talents.

Haley Jones is Cali cool and can play positions 1-5 per her HS coach- who happens to be a USA basketball coach.

Te-Hina Paopao has been mentioned on BY also. She is from same HS as Candice Wiggins (ah…. (f)orget her! Same HS as Kelsey Plum and is also making noise in Cali as a PG

Reaction Score
I think the final team will be
Cameron Brink
Paige Bueckers
Treasure Hunt
Katelyn Levings
Samantha Brunelle
Nyah Green
Haley Jones
Aliyah Boston
Charisma Osbore
Fran Belibi
Zia Cooke
River Baldwin

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ah, I forgot about Fran Belibi-she that player dunking easily.
Had to google Charisma Osbore & Katelyn Levings.
Interesting that "baby brun" is moving back 2 age groups after making the U18 team last year.
I wonder if that was her choice or USA basketball.

Reaction Score
Ah, I forgot about Fran Belibi-she that player dunking easily.
Had to google Charisma Osbore & Katelyn Levings.
Interesting that "baby brun" is moving back 2 age groups after making the U18 team last year.
I wonder if that was her choice or USA basketball.

I've seen a bit of Fran, it's clear she's still learning the game and will probably be more of an undersized 4, since she's about 6'1-6'2, but I think her ability to Dunk will get her noticed, kind of like how Bone was the top player in her class back in 2009 and then Griner came out of nowhere and Skyrocketed to a to a top recruit, and then overall top player in her class when she was also just learning the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah Andrews is probably the top rated '20 if rankings were out right now. Explosive talent.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Three Jersey Shore girls included on the list: Diamond Miller, Lola Mullaney and Kylee Watson

140+ is a big number, the reason it is that large is because U16 is the last year you can “self-nominate” after this tryouts are by invitation only. From the people trying out I’m sure I’ll miss a few UConn connections:

River Baldwin visited UConn but verbal to FSU

Aliyah Boston visited UConn on first night.

Maddie Burke visited UConn with AAU teammate Kylee Watson.

Samantha Brunelle visited and has a UConn offer -October 2016.

Myra Gordon visited with her sister Lexi.

The following players although not yet linked to UConn have been getting much BY love:

UConn visited Zia Cooke Sept 2016

Paige Bueckers inspired her own thread as UConn PG of the future.

Cameron Brink inspired comparisons to a young Stewie-very young!

Sydney Parrish is from Indiana expect ND to fight for her talents.

Haley Jones is Cali cool and can play positions 1-5 per her HS coach- who happens to be a USA basketball coach.

Te-Hina Paopao has been mentioned on BY also. She is from same HS as Candice Wiggins (ah…. (f)orget her! Same HS as Kelsey Plum and is also making noise in Cali as a PG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie: Thanks for the initial posting and the Jersey information.
Coco: Tip o' the hat for the UConn information.

A few further points:
- Celeste Taylor of LI Lutheran and Philly Belles is also on the list. Didn't Coach Chris Dailey come down to see her (and others) play this winter?
- On the Philly Belles topic, Taylor, Maddie Burke and Kylee Watson are all Belles. Interesting to note that Kevin Lynch, the pater familias of the Belles is a member of the Developmental National Team Committee.
- Lauren Hansen is the point guard from my alma mater, Ward Melville High School and plays in the same league as Danielle Cosgrove. Coach Bill has had positive things to say about her. Speaking of point guards, Ashley Owusu mans the point for Paul VI HS and many McGraw Benchers who went to see Mikayla Vaughn were "thumbs up" about her game.
- I wonder if Lola Mullaney was self-nominated. She was the first person off the bench for Manasquan High. While she may be doing well in AAU ball, her High School visibility -- albeit good -- won't really shine until next year when she'll probably move into a starting role with a few graduations.
- Cameron Brink has some interesting connections. Apparently her mom and the Steph Curry's mom were roommates at Va. Tech and are still tight. Steph is more than happy to share tips with her when he sees her...which is actually fairly often from what I've read.
- Rickea Jackson is a 6'-2" wing from Detroit who is known for her slashing abilities.
- Yes, I'm sure the Irish are aware of Ms. Parrish, who already has offers from seemingly every B1G school already. The Irish camp is in late June...will pay attention to see if Ms. Parrish makes the trip north (and if Sammie Puisis also comes up that way).

Dillon77

Reaction Score

On a somewhat different angle, I'll be interested to see if a number of the non-Power 5 D1 prospects from the Shore might have a new possible destination: Miami University of Ohio. While a connection to southwest Ohio might seem unlikely at first, it's interesting to note that Miami's coaching staff includes HC Megan Duffy and assistant Michaela Mabrey. Duffy knows the territory from her assistant-coaching days with St. John's, George Washington and Michigan (she was Katelynn Flaherty's position coach at Michigan) and Mabrey, of course, is Jersey Shore-born-and-raised and starred at Manasquan HS, where she played next to -- this is a small world -- Flaherty. I could see Duffy/Mabrey keeping eyes on prospects like Mullaney and PG Tori Hyduke of Rumson-Fairhaven. I'm sure she's got Tiny Green's speed dial ;).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie: Thanks for the initial posting and the Jersey information.
Coco: Tip o' the hat for the UConn information.

A few further points:
-
- On the Philly Belles topic, Taylor, Maddie Burke and Kylee Watson are all Belles. Interesting to note that Kevin Lynch, the pater familias of the Belles is a member of the Developmental National Team Committee.

I have it on good authority that Kevin Lynch will not be present for discussions about Philly Belle players nor will he be permitted to vote for their inclusion on the final roster.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that Kevin Lynch will not be present for discussions about Philly Belle players nor will he be permitted to vote for their inclusion on the final roster.

Thanks (as usual). That modus operandi is as it should be.

Also worth noting his club has some pretty exceptional representatives at these tryouts.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's certainly premature but I'd be thrilled with a class of Boston, Bueckers and Brunelle.

The "killer bees"

Love to have all of them too but Bueckers is a 2020 while the other two are 2019's.

Reaction Score
Dillon77 - Yes I saw Chris D in Holmdel watching Celeste Taylor earlier this year........if she can be more consistent with her outside shooting she could be a top 25 player...................like you said Lola Mullaney came off the bench but she is extremely talented........maybe not UConn level but she will start for a good DI team........l......Tori Hyduke has actually surpassed Mullaney with her play last year and she will also make an impact at the DI level...............the big question is where the third Mabrey sister will matriculate...............have Muffet's mavens been clamoring for her at ND? She is is the quickest and best ball handler of the three and her outside shot is almost their equal............

Reaction Score
Got to think Baby Bruney is alock to make this team.

I would think so although I'm not a guru on women's high school basketball.

You can't get a true grasp on her or really anyone's game by just watching these all star games ya know.

Reaction Score
I've posted many of her AAU games on here.

Good job, I've seen a fair amount she's a fantastic long range shooter. Even though I do not know her she seems to have a great presence about here/family etc.

In my opinion I think she's a must get. I'm crossing my fingers she comes north.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: a bit off-topic here but: A few years ago there were articles about USABasketball moving to Arizona.
Now I hear that they are not going...and in fact have committed to a long term deal to stay in Colorado Springs.
IMO...no way that any place in Arizona would be as good location as Colorado Springs....some bias here as I used to teach there decades ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom