Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What’s the deal with Justin Moore. Cuse fans are signaling they are in on him and I hadn’t heard heard the rumors he is leaving Nova.

Reaction Score
What’s the deal with Justin Moore. Cuse fans are signaling they are in on him and I hadn’t heard heard the rumors he is leaving Nova.
There's been rumblings about it due to NIL. Cuse fans think they're in a good spot since they're hiring an assistant who comes from the same AAU program, and Slater has hinted at it as well

Reaction Score
From the Bronx. From IG it appears Hassan knows him in some capacity

Another really good fit.

6'5 215 with two years of immediate eligibility remaining.

Played the 2 for Washington State last year with former Boneyard fav Justin Powell as the oversized 1.

15.8p, 45.9 2p%, 37.2 3p%, 4.5 FTA, 73.0 FT%.

Some Pac12 Rankings:
  • 5th in fouls drawn per 40 (4.8)
  • 9th in possession rate (26.2%)
  • 10th in shots percentage (27.8%)
  • 18th in turnover rate (14.4%)
  • 20th in free throw rate (33.0%)
So in summary, a three-level scoring guard who can also create his own offense by generating fouls.

Also, I like how he's been coached by Kyle Smith, one of the better young coaches in D1. His teams have been known to shoot well from deep and play solid perimeter D.

Reaction Score
Hurley reclamation project?

Sounds like he is going somewhere closer to home (Mizzou, Memphis, etc) - not to mention, not a great fit culture wise either.

Reaction Score
Would this be a good idea?
absolutely not. I live 30 minutes from Chapel Hill and am familiar with them. We do NOT want even give this a second thought. He shoots way too much. Seems to care about self, not the team.

Reaction Score

Didn’t get to watch UK much this year, but Wheeler has put up crazy assist numbers in his career, and shot a career best 38.5% from 3 this season. Wouldn’t be a bad fit next to Castle if there’s an opening, but i’m sure others have watched him a lot more to form a better opinion.

Another big name, played really well against us in the PKI, but not a great fit because of Clingan.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Didn’t get to watch UK much this year, but Wheeler has put up crazy assist numbers in his career, and shot a career best 38.5% from 3 this season. Wouldn’t be a bad fit next to Castle if there’s an opening, but i’m sure others have watched him a lot more to form a better opinion.

Another big name, played really well against us in the PKI, but not a great fit because of Clingan.
They were horrible with him in the lineup. Great assist numbers but the offense was much worse with him in vs Wallace running point—by all analytics measures. He’s small and an unreliable shooter—not a recipe for success. He’s almost certainly leaving because squid doesn’t want him there anymore.

Reaction Score
My cousin is a UNC fan and he can't stand Love. I texted him a few minutes ago about him entering the portal and he was ecstatic.
Love definitely doesn't pass the Bill Simmons "Will his former team be happy to drive him to the airport" test.

He had the 10th worst true shooting % of any high major player with over 25% usage. He was bad.

Reaction Score
They were horrible with him in the lineup. Great assist numbers but the offense was much worse with him in vs Wallace running point—by all analytics measures. He’s small and an unreliable shooter—not a recipe for success. He’s almost certainly leaving because squid doesn’t want him there anymore.
He is a very good passer. But yeah his turnover rate is a little high and his finishing in the paint is bad and he was allergic to drawing fouls, so anytime he draws up his own number it's bad. A bit like Alterique in that regard. He got the offense the right shots, but when it broke down, it was a disaster.

A lot of that cancels itself out. The offense was pretty similar with him and off.

Where he killed them was defensively. Because he's bad on D and Cason Wallace is really good, so it was a double whammy effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom