Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Would be very excited to add Dunn.

I'd wish Dunn had a better 3P%, but I love his length, size and ability to attack the rim. At 6'5 200, he's gotten a lot stronger from his freshman season listing of 6'4 165.

However, his shooting efficiency has improved in each of his four seasons, so that's promising:

20-21: 36.9 2p%, 2.1 3PA, 18.5 3p%, 7.9 FTA, 76.7 FT%
21-22: 43.9 2p%, 3.8 3PA, 30.1 3p%, 5.4 FTA, 83.4 FT%
22-23: 45.5 2p%, 4.5 3PA, 34.8 3p%, 5.9 FTA, 81.4 FT%

Last year, Dunn started at the 2 but played PG whenever Hysier Miller was on the bench:

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 2.10.25 PM.png

Reaction Score

He was being asked to do way too much at Cuse and obviously can’t defend well, but he is a shooter. Would be funny to see him do better here than he ever did at Cuse too. Probably not a fit but curious to see his market

I don't want anyone with the taint of Syracuse and Boeheim on him.

How many of Boeheim's Orangemen ever won an NBA title? Or even played in the finals?

How many, other than Carmelo and Derek Coleman, were all stars?

When did an NBA GM ever say, "Man, I should get that Syracuse guy on my team, he's the key piece to make our team better and contend for a title"?

Hint: the answers are zero players and zero times.

Syracuse players are self-involved chemistry killers like Dion Waiters. To me, that is Boeheim's real legacy--a 45 year roster of talented but sour losers.

No thank you.

Reaction Score
I'd roll out the red carpet for Posh right now. Hurley would get him to buy in. Superior on-ball defender and facilitator.
i am curious to see what happens with curbelo... i don't want him at all, but hurley absolutely GUSHED about him after our second game against saint john's. i think he called him a "genius-level player". it got my antenna up a bit...

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score

He was being asked to do way too much at Cuse and obviously can’t defend well, but he is a shooter. Would be funny to see him do better here than he ever did at Cuse too. Probably not a fit but curious to see his market

no thank you

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
That's not how basketball works. His existence on the court as a non-shooter means you need to scheme around the spacing issues. Why do you think Diarra is barely seeing the floor right now? He's better than Joey on defense by A LOT, but can't earn minutes because it ruins our spacing.

Andre is playing 30mpg or better next season. If he wasn't the best defender in America, a freak athlete, and passing like Marcus Williams, he wouldn't be sniffing the floor. Players need to substantially make up in other areas if they can't shoot. Even with his freakish talents, we had a huge slump in big part because of how teams didn't need to defend him in the half court.

Because of Andre's unique talents, and the fact that Castle, Stewart, Ball, Diarra are all iffy shooters... EVERY offer at the 1-4 we make in the portal has to be to a shooter.
Jeez...totally agree..haven't we seen the difference this year that having MULTIPLE shooters makes???

Reaction Score

He'll do well in the Glens Falls bar league...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'd roll out the red carpet for Posh right now. Hurley would get him to buy in. Superior on-ball defender and facilitator.
Personally, I don’t think we want or need him. Might only be a spot open for a great 3 point shooter if (likely) Jordan leaves.

Reaction Score
Like the mid range stuff!
That's true, his positives are he's also strong with his moves to the basket, and his stats are comparable to Hawkins but he's a fourth year guy so he's had more time to develop. Also doesn't seem to have Hawkins' or Joey C's' level of athleticism (and not as good a shooter as Joey C).
Not sure he'd fit Joey C's role because he doesn't play the same level of competition, and takes waaaaay more time to get his shot off, especially on three's. Hawkins and Calcaterra get their shots off instantly and don't have to bring the ball down to their waists and "load up" to get their shots off. Or maybe they just do it infinitely faster?

Reaction Score
Vecenie did a bit on Final 4 roster construction today and it was interesting.

3/5 Miami starters are transfers.The big man and Pack were both high profile NIL kids. Wong was a stud recruit. Very upper class heavy team.

SDSU 4 transfer starters. They are a very old team too.

We wouldn’t be here either without our transfers but our core is homegrown recruits. Vecenie proposes that the new “meta” is to land stud recruits and fill out the more tertiary players through the portal. Guys like Hawk and Adama are not found in the portal. Hard to disagree.

Reaction Score
Wheeler from Kentucky. Like don’t like?

Can’t shoot. He could be a good fit for other programs. We have the goods in terms of our core so now the focus should bit fit, fit and fit.

Reaction Score

Ware from Oregon is entering the transfer portal. #7 ranked recruit.

If no one picks him up, he already has a job in the next Star Wars series on Disney.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Ware has to be getting a huge bag. He’s going to be a monster next year.

Wheeler is bad defensively and his shooting/scoring is bad enough to push his offense towards average. We need shooting

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Ware from Oregon is entering the transfer portal. #7 ranked recruit.

If no one picks him up, he already has a job in the next Star Wars series on Disney.
He’ll always have a soft spot in my heart as the yardstick by which it became obvious Clingan was wayyy underrated

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Im finding some overlap between the metrics nerds and portal geeks. we are in the Final Four! We will evaluate this post season, because you both are

quentin tarantino dorks GIF
Spoken like a real dufus.

This is the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members