Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That’s a bit harsh. He’d be fine in a slightly larger role than Joey’s IMO. He’s a microwave that you try to hide on D. I’d say 20 MPG which is more than a 9th man. he has a 3.1 PRPG! on a bad team this year. He wasn’t a monster but was nothing to sneeze at, especially since we know we have some big time defenders returning.

Truthfully we don’t even know what he’d look like playing man to man, and his scoring considering his conference is borderline unmatched in the portal this year. I think he’ll want a bigger role than we’d be willing to give him anyway
. Hurley talks all the time about recruiting the right guys, with great attitudes. This Joe guy screams the exact opposite. He’s a big reason they’ve had a “bad team”. Cares about getting his shot up and could give two on defense. He couldn’t hold Joey California’s jockstrap. HARD PASSSSSSSS

Reaction Score

Some here wanted Jones. Great fit alongside the talent their new coach Gipson transferred over with.

Reaction Score
I'd roll out the red carpet for Posh right now. Hurley would get him to buy in. Superior on-ball defender and facilitator.

Reaction Score
Diarra isn't really even much worse. That's just the role a limited guy like that should play. There's a reason St John's didn't really win.
Yea but Posh is Diarra on steroids. That’s a 2 time BE defensive player of the year

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yea but Posh is Diarra on steroids. That’s a 2 time BE defensive player of the year
Diarra has been a better defender this year by a good margin according EvanMiya, Hoopmath, etc

He’s actually been a top 10 defender in the country along with Clingan. I know their limited minutes probably help them there but Diarra is legit

Reaction Score
You don't need him to score. You need him to be a pain in the ass in defense and a facilitator on offense.

That's not how basketball works. His existence on the court as a non-shooter means you need to scheme around the spacing issues. Why do you think Diarra is barely seeing the floor right now? He's better than Joey on defense by A LOT, but can't earn minutes because it ruins our spacing.

Andre is playing 30mpg or better next season. If he wasn't the best defender in America, a freak athlete, and passing like Marcus Williams, he wouldn't be sniffing the floor. Players need to substantially make up in other areas if they can't shoot. Even with his freakish talents, we had a huge slump in big part because of how teams didn't need to defend him in the half court.

Because of Andre's unique talents, and the fact that Castle, Stewart, Ball, Diarra are all iffy shooters... EVERY offer at the 1-4 we make in the portal has to be to a shooter.

Reaction Score
Real solid list for the Yale grad:

Efficient (57.1 2p%, 40.6 3p%, 72.3 FT%) and very impressive per-40 minutes: 20.2p, 9.8r, 2.7b

Reaction Score
Called it:

Intriguing long-term piece for Providence. Was the #150 recruit from the '21 class after reclassifying from '22 and spent the spring on campus.

14.1 mpg during his freshman season with 41.8 2p%, 33.8 3p%, 56.3 FT% splits.

I didn't watch George Mason much this year, but his scouting reports mention his speed and athleticism as his greatest asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom