Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another really good fit.

6'5 215 with two years of immediate eligibility remaining.

Played the 2 for Washington State last year with former Boneyard fav Justin Powell as the oversized 1.

15.8p, 45.9 2p%, 37.2 3p%, 4.5 FTA, 73.0 FT%.

Some Pac12 Rankings:
  • 5th in fouls drawn per 40 (4.8)
  • 9th in possession rate (26.2%)
  • 10th in shots percentage (27.8%)
  • 18th in turnover rate (14.4%)
  • 20th in free throw rate (33.0%)
So in summary, a three-level scoring guard who can also create his own offense by generating fouls.

Also, I like how he's been coached by Kyle Smith, one of the better young coaches in D1. His teams have been known to shoot well from deep and play solid perimeter D.
I like the improvement he showed from 2nd to 3rd year. Increased volume and efficiency at the same time, good sign there's more growth to see. In a power conference, so production should translate pretty well. He played around as well as Trey Alexander or Caleb Daniels this year offensively.

36th best player in PAC12 by RAPM last year, 27th offensively.

Reaction Score
That stud guard in the tournament from Princeton #3 Ryan Langborg just entered the portal. Sign me up!

Shot it great, could put it on the floor and pass and saw him defending bigs at times admirably In the tourney. Surprised he shot 33% from deep after 40% as a junior.

From San Diego and I think he’s graduating no grad year in Ivies, correct?

Reaction Score
That stud guard in the tournament from Princeton #3 Ryan Langborg just entered the portal. Sign me up!

Shot it great, could put it on the floor and pass and saw him defending bigs at times admirably In the tourney. Surprised he shot 33% from deep after 40% as a junior.

Can he guard at the big east level?

caw

Reaction Score

California fifth year transfer, check

Can shoot, check

Nerd, check

Sign him up.

Reaction Score
If none of the Princeton guys are available I’m not interested. All perfect role players a la Joey. Aside from primo boum and any other shifty guard. Oh. And another light footed wide body to spell dc

Reaction Score
Aren't we, like, 5 or 6 player over the scholarship limit?
2 over and that is assuming Andre, Adama, Hawk, Newton, Richie and Alleyne return. My guess is at most 2 from the group return, but probably closer to 1. Not transfer speculation to be clear, rather they walked Senior Day so I expect them to graduate or go pro early. These things work themselves out.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
2 over and that is assuming Andre, Adama, Hawk, Newton, Richie and Alleyne return. My guess is at most 2 from the group return, but probably closer to 1. Not transfer speculation to be clear, rather they walked Senior Day so I expect them to graduate or go pro early. These things work themselves out.
Wouldn’t Newton and Alleyne coming back mean -4? They’re not in tcf’s grid for next year

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t Newton and Alleyne coming back mean -4? They’re not in tcf’s grid for next year
Yea good call. Totally missed that so they are at -4. Point sort of still stands though that of those 6 guys out there I expect most to go pro given draft stock is high and / or walked Senior day.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Yea good call. Totally missed that so they are at -4. Point sort of still stands though that of those 6 guys out there I expect most to go pro given draft stock is high and / or walked Senior day.
Yeah agreed. Should be at least 1 spot but likely more

Reaction Score

We recruited him out of HS, but this one is likely already done to Georgetown

Reaction Score
I know people hate on Love but he actually gives me some Newton vibes. I think if he played in a disciplined system and bought in he could be a great efficient 13 points a game scorer.

Reaction Score

Was probably going to get heavier minutes next year with Bynum gone. Probably looking for a starting gig?

Reaction Score

Was probably going to get heavier minutes next year with Bynum gone. Probably looking for a starting gig?

Seems like Providence fans had him penciled in as the starter and were happy with that, so I’m sure they‘re bummed.

Reaction Score
The amount of players choosing the portal just baffles me. Many are in there for the second or even third time, that's quite a gamble when there is no guarantee they will be eligible. I feel like us having a successful season should help but it can also hurt since we don't know who is returning yet and other teams are done playing. Do you think Hurley knows exactly what he needs at this point or is he still waiting to talk to current players about their decisions?

Reaction Score

dont see why he wouldnt follow cooley to gtown along with hopkins and carter and floyd

Reaction Score
Did we already know Primo Spears announced he was transferring? I think we did but I can't keep track of all these transfers.

"He went to the transfer portal because Coach Pat (Ewing) got released," his father, Amir 'Primo' Spears Sr., said. "It is a different time. Back in my day you would commit to a college, these days kids commit to the coach. It is just a different time. He played for the same AAU program from the fifth grade to 12th grade. He is not built to jump around, but you just have to go with the new times. At the same time, it is a great situation to be in free agency."

By the afternoon of his first day in the portal, Spears had received interest from over 20 different schools, including Georgia Tech, TCU, Ole Miss, Kansas, Villanova, Gonzaga, Georgia, Mississippi State and Xavier among others.

Alternate free access:

Primo Spears, former CT All-Stater in basketball, is one of top transfers in portal, seeking NBA feedback

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

could this be justin moore to cuse? if so, gross.

He does edits, I would think if he says "Big East transfer news" he means someone committing to a big east school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom