Transfer Portal Window 2023 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are our biggest needs for next year?

I assume a “true” pg? Even if just as a depth piece (since Castle will nominally fill that role, even if he may be slightly miscast there).

Also I would imagine shooters will be at a premium with what we likely have departing.

Not really sure how enticing of a role we will be able to offer up to premier transfers, given what we likely have returning.

Reaction Score
What are our biggest needs for next year?

I assume a “true” pg? Even if just as a depth piece (since Castle will nominally fill that role, even if he may be slightly miscast there).

Also I would imagine shooters will be at a premium with what we likely have departing.

Not really sure how enticing of a role we will be able to offer up to premier transfers, given what we likely have returning.
Yeah, I hope we bring in a PG who can come off the bench. Castle will be starting but I'd like to have someone other than Diarra as the main backup

We should be a very attractive destination though, a starting SG spot (presumably) open, and if you can shoot you're going to get minutes on next year's team given who is coming back

Reaction Score
I don’t see anyone from Marquette or Creighton on this list - do they potentially bring everyone back?
Yup. Marquette is the youngest team in the league. Their whole rotation has 2 years left (with a few juniors having COVID years available). Prosper and Ighodaro will test the waters. Creighton could return their whole rotation, but could see Farabello leaving. Most of the Creighton guys will test the waters, too.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ideally a steady backup PG. Personally wouldn’t mind rolling with Ball or Stewart at the 2. But could see why getting known shooter there could be helpful.

May need a backup center too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ideally a steady backup PG. Personally wouldn’t mind rolling with Ball or Stewart at the 2. But could see why getting known shooter there could be helpful.

I'm hoping Diarra improves a bit and is a solid backup PG. More concerned with shooting guard.

Reaction Score
I don’t see anyone from Marquette or Creighton on this list - do they potentially bring everyone back?
Marquette should return everyone. Creighton has Trey Alexander and Arthur Kaluma who could theoretically leave for the NBA though

Reaction Score
Marquette has everyone back. Not sure about Creighton’s current SR transfer shooting SF from South Dakota? Marquette will be good but we know how that goes-maybe more difficult next year.
Transfer season is here! One of my new favorite parts of the college basketball calendar.

Good but we might have to have to find a higher major transfer.

Reaction Score
Marquette has everyone back. Not sure about Creighton’s current SR transfer shooting SF from South Dakota? Marquette will be good but we know how that goes-maybe more difficult next year.

Good but we might have to have to find a higher major transfer.
Scheierman is a senior but has his COVID year. I think he's on a sweet NIL deal, so wouldn't be surprised if he stays for it.

Reaction Score
I had asked a question that was deleted for “transfer speculation” so I will reword it. Do players that have an additional Covid year count towards the 13 limit?

Reaction Score
I question if we hit the portal hard this off-season. I feel like Solo Ball and Jaylin Stewart are coming in expecting major minutes. You can pencil Castle as the starting PG so idk what spots we really need to fill other than bench spots

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

What we need is an absolute sniper to play the 2. Preferably a combo guard. And Castle gives us a ton of flexibility as we can play him next to a tiny guard so we should have mucho options.

This and this.

A PG who can either push Diarra to number on depth chart or force Diarra to up his game.

And shooters, shooters, shooters. Just like Joey C. A constant threat who will influence a few games with his scoring but always force the D to account for him.

Reaction Score
We need a shooter. Badly.

Backup big for Clingan wouldn't hurt either.
dont we bring in a 7-footer next year?
I'd like us to bring in a Ricky Moore-type lockdown guard.

Reaction Score
dont we bring in a 7-footer next year?
I'd like us to bring in a Ricky Moore-type lockdown guard.

Singare is extremely raw, and I don't think we can anticipate him being high-major ready next year. Clingan and Karaban are the exception when it comes to freshman readiness.

A lockdown guard would be great, but hard pass if he can't shoot. We already have Diarra for that role, and maybe Alleyne.

Right now, we have one proven shooter on the team next year... that is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom