Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
INSIDER INFO: Andre Curbelo will leaving St. John's and playing at Hofstra next year.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We weren't listed reaching out, but Denver Jones would be a good option for a shooter/scorer. I wonder if that means we're in good with Timberlake.

We should reach out to Indiana Jones. Pretty good shooter if memory serves.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The whole thing is a waste of time until we have some idea of who will be on the team. I don't think we do. Maybe the staff does. But at the moment we have 4 more players than scholarships next year.

Reaction Score
The whole thing is a waste of time until we have some idea of who will be on the team. I don't think we do. Maybe the staff does. But at the moment we have 4 more players than scholarships next year.

The staff wouldn't be contacting players 5 minutes after midnight unless theu expected space to open. I'd expect 1-2 transfer spots, and that's not even accounting for a surprise transfer.

Reaction Score
I really like the way Alleyne and Newton worked out. If we can grab guys who have had success at a high or decent level, that'd be my preference.
I agree. We don’t need “projects” anymore. We can get proven transfers. Let the lower ranks kids prove out and then give them the shot they deserve at a top program.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The staff wouldn't be contacting players 5 minutes after midnight unless theu expected space to open. I'd expect 1-2 transfer spots, and that's not even accounting for a surprise transfer.
Sure. More our speculation here. Can't talk about guys transferring per the rules. So we don't really know where the need will be.

Reaction Score
41% from deep on 5 attempts per game? Get Tom Moore on the line. Would be an excellent bench piece for a year.

Since he played 2 years of CC, he should have 1 year of eligibility, right? Defensive rating is decent as well.
Caught Quinnipiac once this year when Iona played them. Jones was their stud: 24 points, 4 threes, 6 boards, 2 steals. I remember his shiftiness and ability to attack the rim.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dezi is probably my second priority to Timberlake at this point. He can either start next to Castle to space the floor, or be an upgrade at backup pg.

Ellis intrigues me for obvious reasons. I’d hope playing for a real coach fixes the turnover problems. I’m down for him as the Newton replacement.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
David Wingett has a year of eligibility left. Currently at Peru State. Just sayin'

Man that was the most fascinating and befuddling BY'ing . Whatever happened to the dude posting that stuff?

Reaction Score
I really like the way Alleyne and Newton worked out. If we can grab guys who have had success at a high or decent level, that'd be my preference.
Yep and there's no reason to rush it, so many really good players around the country have yet to announce for the portal. UConn will be a seriously attractive place for a big time shooter at guard.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I feel like when a guy like that enters the portal, he already knows where he’s going.
I agree. And the better the player the more likely the destination is set.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Even Hawkins' early defense was abysmal. Castle seems to be plenty athletic enough to be a decent defender if he puts in the effort. I have to assume he will. Truth is, the NBA has little interest in guys who don't defend.
Yeah - there's plenty of players in the NBA who couldn't guard a chair and most are the highest paid.
The coaches want defenders but if someone can score or grab boards - they take them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom