Transfer portal part 2 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This transfer portal! So many good quality players. Coaches are going to want to take a transfer or 2 to fill out a roster. Just makes ya hate it for the freshman and high schoolers that are being recruited over. It’s a domino effect because then the freshman will be in the portal. It’s not gonna stop.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rolling my Gamecock eyes SOOOOOO hard.
And why is that? You know she's very physical, hits the glass relentlessly, why is it so strange to expect that she might pick up a few fouls while playing that way? The times I've watched her, she gets away with a ton of fouls that aren't called. You may be eye rolling, but you're also probably wearing tinted glasses.

Reaction Score
Exactly. She has a foul proof coating she applies liberally before every game.

Okay, just to prove I'm not a liar, I looked up her stats. 51 fouls in 37 games. Not even 1 1/2 per game.
Boston always keeps her hands high and in good position. One thing I noticed about her recently she stop going for blocks if she is not there. Maybe that is something Dawn told her to do. She had 88 fouls in 31 games last year.

Reaction Score
And why is that? You know she's very physical, hits the glass relentlessly, why is it so strange to expect that she might pick up a few fouls while playing that way? The times I've watched her, she gets away with a ton of fouls that aren't called. You may be eye rolling, but you're also probably wearing tinted glasses.
Maybe you see what you want to see. I have seen it the other way. She has 2 and 3 people surrounding her grabbing and pulling when she goes up with the ball. Remember it is not a foul unless the ref calls it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boston always keeps her hands high and in good position. One thing I noticed about her recently she stop going for blocks if she is not there. Maybe that is something Dawn told her to do. She had 88 fouls in 31 games last year.
I didn't look at last year's stats, that's a big change. Refs focus on arm movement when calling fouls of course, but a lot of contact can occur with the body, even if the arms are kept straight up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe you see what you want to see. I have seen it the other way. She has 2 and 3 people surrounding her grabbing and pulling when she goes up with the ball. Remember it is not a foul unless the ref calls it.
Ha ha, that sounds like the old Shaq arguments. It is true, if it's not called, it doesn't count.

edit--and I was of the opinion that Shaq should've fouled out of every game he ever played, what with the way he liked to put his shoulder straight thru the defender's chest and knock them backward 5 feet

Reaction Score

I think it's fair to question how she is officiated. She gets away with a lot of contact, that is not an unreasonable assertion to make. NWHoopfan is pretty unbiased and I have seen similar sentiments from other fanbases. I can only imagine the kind of numbers Brink could put up if she had the freedom Boston does from refs.

I have seen her several times as well and she does get away with a substantial amount of contact. In the tournament alone, I saw her plow through screens with nothing called. Some of her offensive rebounds are actually offensive fouls. When you are a star, you get benefit of the doubt though.

Reaction Score
I didn't look at last year's stats, that's a big change. Refs focus on arm movement when calling fouls of course, but a lot of contact can occur with the body, even if the arms are kept straight up.
In the paint there will always have a lot of body contact. Boston has 2 to 3 players trying to get up in her space trying to deny her the ball. Contact is unavoidable. The problem is, if you are going to bump and bang with her it is natural that you will get displaced. She is bigger and stronger. You shouldn't hold that against her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it's fair to question how she is officiated. She gets away with a lot of contact, that is not an unreasonable assertion to make. NWHoopfan is pretty unbiased and I have seen similar sentiments from other fanbases. I can only imagine the kind of numbers Brink could put up if she had the freedom Boston does from refs.

I have seen her several times as well and she does get away with a substantial amount of contact. In the tournament alone, I saw her plow through screens with nothing called. Some of her offensive rebounds are actually offensive fouls. When you are a star, you get benefit of the doubt though.
The contact comes from the player trying to deny her. I have only heard complaints from rival fans. Seems like a coach or a media member would suggest if something is off.

Reaction Score

Do you see when she gets foul and nothing is called? I guess none of that is happening.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Hold on to your hats people!

Holy cow. Didn't see this one coming....from the interactions I saw in game it looked like Reese liked Frese a lot. I thought if she was going to transfer, it'd be after last season. Her other finalists were Tennessee, USC, Syracuse and South Carolina. Maryland's quickly going down the drain.

Reaction Score

Hold on to your hats people!

Depending on what the AD knows about the situation, it will be interesting to see how safe Frese’s job is. Contract signed last May is only a $660K base with supplemental up to $1.4M with no buyout.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My goodness Maryland
sad.gif

Reaction Score

Cameron Brink got away with plenty of fouling in that semi game last year. Cheap ones at that. I will never feel sorry for her. As far as NWHoopfan being unbiased, I will have to disagree with that. He is always making snide remarks about SC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Depending on what the AD knows about the situation, it will be interesting to see how safe Frese’s job is. Contract signed last May is only a $660K base with supplemental up to $1.4M with no buyout.
I thought she was one of the higher-paid coaches? The base salary has to be above a million.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ding ding ding! Someone found a home.

Thanks for posting this.
Does anyone know if there been any thought of having a Transfer Portal thread just for player announcements of their new school?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom