Transfer portal part 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I can't help but suspect we will soon need a "part 3" (and "4" and "5") at the rate things are going...
A lot of teams haven't had their end of the year meetings still, I imagine things will jump even more over the next 2 weeks. What is the deadline to enter?

Reaction Score
A lot of teams haven't had their end of the year meetings still, I imagine things will jump even more over the next 2 weeks. What is the deadline to enter?
May 1 for winter sports in order to qualify for the one-time immediate eligibility. It was extended last year to July 1 because the rule wasn't approved by the NCAA BoD until April 28.

Reaction Score
I've really lost track - can anyone summarize who the top PGs in the portal are? Are any of them grad transfers? After Friday night's display, just asking for a friend... :oops:
Some of us don't have two thousand 5 star players on the roster and replace the entire starting 5 essentially. Get in line...

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I've really lost track - can anyone summarize who the top PGs in the portal are? Are any of them grad transfers? After Friday night's display, just asking for a friend... :oops:
Anaya Peoples, Notre Dame
Dayaisha Fair - Buffalo
Zaay Green -

This is three to start off with.

Reaction Score
Isn't it a recruiting dead period (phone/text only, no visits or in person contact) till mid-April? Though I guess there's a 3 day quiet period in there, too, (April 8-10) when recruits can visit campuses.

That should make things interesting, too, in terms of transfers' commitments to new schools...

Reaction Score
If they're good enough to play at Stanford, they're probably staying where they are. Plus there's even fewer that could get accepted out there. ;)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
If they're good enough to play at Stanford, they're probably staying where they are. Plus there's even fewer that could get accepted out there. ;)
It was.... mostly a joke! Though we did get Jordan Hamilton from Northwestern as a grad transfer last year, and she's played some meaningful PG minutes in games where Wilson and Lacie Hull got into foul trouble early.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I didn't expect this but I just saw that Ashley Owusu has entered here name into the transfer portal out of Maryland.

Notable that she doesn't thank the coaches. And she did seem to get a lot less playing time this past year. (Though to be honest, she also seemed notably less fit, which matters a lot when you are partially running the point. She was so much less impactful in our March game than our November one.)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I am curious to what she’s looking for out of her next stop. I’d imagine most top programs right now are looking for a pass first point guard.

There were many games I watched her play this season that she’d actively ignore a wide open Katie Benzan and drive for the basket or pass to someone with more players on them. Obviously, being an OSU fan I know not all point guards are pass first….but her shooting isn’t as impressive as others where she can take over a game from scoring. I don’t mean for this to be an attack on her playing style because I always liked watching her play but this season things seemed tense when she wasn’t the primary ball-handler.

Reaction Score
If SC gets Owusu.... Especially with Dawn's tweet the other day.... They spent time together last summer on team USA. Obviously there is a gap at the point guard with Henny leaving. And Owusu has a COVID year. Y not learn from one of the greats. Play with Boston and ur class one year. Lead with Cardoso and all the younger talent another while working on ur fitness. Idk makes sense to me tbh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If SC gets Owusu.... Especially with Dawn's tweet the other day....

I would not really be bothered by this. She does not really fit their style of play, and is not quite the defender Henderson is if this is who they are looking to replace her with. She also isn't the most athletic. I think SC would be better off developing Johnson.

Reaction Score
I would not really be bothered by this. She does not really fit their style of play, and is not quite the defender Henderson is if this is who they are looking to replace her with. She also isn't the most athletic. I think SC would be better off developing Johnson.
I hear this. Though they do play a lot of bully ball. How would you feel about Stanford. That's one that makes sense as well. Struggled at the point a bit. Can invert the offense, Haley out at the top, Owusu in the post

Reaction Score
I hear this. Though they do play a lot of bully ball. How would you feel about Stanford. That's one that makes sense as well. Struggled at the point a bit. Can invert the offense, Haley out at the top, Owusu in the post

I could see Owusu going to the Northeast. I think schools out west would probably be a stretch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom