Transfer portal part 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
For those who have watched Owusu play a lot, what is her natural position? And, what position is she best suited for as a professional player?
I think PG. Very similar player to Chelsea Gray. Doesn't have the jumpshot or speed to be a shooting guard. Good midrange game, very strong, great passer. If she reverts to sophomore year form she could be a high pick.

Reaction Score
South Carolina absolutely makes sense to me.

We have one PG on the projected roster who has 8 minutes of game experience.

There are also minutes at the two for grabs I would think.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For those who have watched Owusu play a lot, what is her natural position? And, what position is she best suited for as a professional player?
It's PG. She has the best handles in WCBB and also have great court vision. She's outstanding on the break and is very good in the half court. I don't know what happen between her sophomore year and her junior year but maybe a new school will do wonders for her.

Reaction Score
Why would she leave LSU? She should be a projected starter.
She has been suspended multiple times. Has not put in the work to get in shape or to improve in the gym. They have had to pull teeth with her all year and its reared its ugly head on occasion at practices (per LSU trainers I know). But she does deal with mental health issues as well and just doesnt seem happy. She dealt with personal issues while at Baylor.

I want Gusters to be the best she can be on and off the court but if she isn't going to put In the work then maybe a change is best for all parties. Its a shame where she is at because she was very talented athlete in HS with a lot of potential.

But LSU is doing their end of the year meetings this week. I guess we will find out soon if she is gone officially or not. I know she has been in contact with players at HBCU schools.

And truthfully, I don't think she would have been a starter by midseason next season without significant improvement. She would have definitely started at the beginning of next season as they work in a bunch of new faces.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I could see Owusu at Louisville making a lot of sense with Hall and Smith graduating. Adding her and another transfer would put Louisville in a competitive spot to get back to the Final Four. LSU could be a good fit, though they won't compete for a title next year. Tennessee is another destination where she'd likely fit in well, although the offense Harper runs is markedly less creative than what she's used to at Maryland. South Carolina doesn't make sense IMO considering they have Johnson/Cooper waiting in the wings. UCONN doesn't make sense either. Odd that she's transferring after 3 years unless she can grad transfer--a lot of her Maryland credits won't transfer over to her new institution.
I actually think she could make sense at South Carolina. We don't have an experienced PG and we would be asking a lot from two rookies to lead a team with national championship aspirations.

Reaction Score
She’s one UConn may potentially be interested in:

She would start immediately at Baylor. Just down the road from home. I think we recruited her out of high school but she didn't care for our style at the time.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

I have been waiting for Taylor Jones to enter the transfer portal for the last couple of years!

She's from Dallas. Her Dad is a Texas A&M alum, but she took so many unofficial visits to Texas and attended several football games while in high school that her Dad had to jokingly apologize to Aggie fans out on twitter for all the times he was on the UT campus with his daughter.

It was a surprise that Texas wasn't among her finalists, but we did have a lot of depth in the front court at that time. She officially visited Florida State, UCLA, and Oregon State.

Reaction Score
It was a surprise that Texas wasn't among her finalists, but we did have a lot of depth in the front court at that time. She officially visited Florida State, UCLA, and Oregon State.
Sometimes players want to leave the state and experience something else...

Reaction Score

If I remember correctly she doesn’t want to play on the block. So I don’t think UConn is a interest

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Sometimes players want to leave the state and experience something else...
That is true. And, often times they return back home if the right opportunity presents itself! :p

Reaction Score
sales-black-friday.gif

The transfer portal right now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89