2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball commits to UConn! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly gives me a slightly bigger, slightly shorter Emmitt Matthews Jr vibe. What could have been here....always loved him
I don’t get this comp. Always thought of Emmitt as much less bouncy & a better shooter. Solo is less a shooter & bouncy as no other

Reaction Score
I mean thats all totally fair. I'm sure its all the lefty biasing me haha

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Honestly gives me a slightly bigger, slightly shorter Emmitt Matthews Jr vibe.
This guy?
1656985894061.png

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Does anyone else kind of think of Jalen Green from the rockets a little? His game may not be as sharp but his movements are very similar to me.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Does anyone else kind of think of Jalen Green from the rockets a little? His game may not be as sharp but his movements are very similar to me.
Maybe a little. Green is one of the most athletic guards to come out in the last decade, and he’s a volume 3pt shooter. That bar might be a little high for Solo.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Shaq, just a better ball handler, better shooter, better FT, shorter, worse rebounder, less athletic, smaller, shorter, worse post-game, worse dunker, and worse defender.

I also have seen no videos of him playing and know nothing about the kid.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Shaq, just a better ball handler, better shooter, better FT, shorter, worse rebounder, less athletic, smaller, shorter, worse post-game, worse dunker, and worse defender.

I also have seen no videos of him playing and know nothing about the kid.
Post/handle

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Solomon is The Spice.
that's it? that's all that u got? all the time that u had to think on, ponder, ruminate (you cow!), contemplate, consider, mull over, deliberate, dwell on, brew over, cogitate, and chew over (you cow!), and this is what u come up with?
ok, which one?

i like this guy, but i don't see him in any of these group shots yet.
yes, i swear. at you, you cow. and i hope that lefty plans to always be here.

c'mon now, that 'ambidunkstrous' label is how it's done. they should tie you up in the dessert like that guy in the vid for this effort.

Reaction Score
Solomon Ball first Nike EYBL game Kansas City- Active on defense, he's tough in man to man and good at jumping passing lanes. Should have had some huge dunks but his teammates were terrible at finding him on the break. He went up for a poster dunk on like 4 defenders and got blocked.

Offensively plays off the ball. Knocked down 3 of his 6 threes. Hit some midrange pullups where he gets great elevation. He's great at taking it to the rim, explosive and strong finishing around the basket. He's going to be a beast on the boards as a guard, his second jump ability is insane. Noticeably way more athletic than everyone else on the floor. Only thing I didn't love is that he was 6-10 on ft's, stroke looks pretty pure though.

This kid already looks elite with huge upside. Superstar potential. He's way underranked.

Jayden Ross- Didn't start, had a really nice And 1 finish on an alley oop from Ball, late third quarter had a pretty take and dropped a teardrop in the lane and then hit a three on the break. He was active. Swooped in for defensive rebounds and was immediately looking ahead with a pass or to push the ball with the dribble.

Ross looks at a minimum like a good piece who has his best basketball ahead of him. He honestly looked better than I thought he would. Ball's best basketball is ahead of him as well but holy crap is he good right now. We hit the jackpot with this kid.

Ball had 35 pts. and it easily could've been well over 40 pts if his teammates found him and he made his ft's.

Reaction Score
In addition to his athleticism and measurables.. I'm very impressed with his maturity and self-motivation. He's been on a self-imposed SnC program during his growth spurt in the last year or two and has added significant strength and explosion to his game.

We haven't had too many guards coming from HS to Storrs with these physical attributes as an 18 yr old.. And he still has a year to refine the package in HS.

Will be a prime- time performer for us.

Reaction Score
The staff and players were so great on his official visit. Why wait when you’ve found where you want to be? He really was going to narrow his schools down to 9 after the visit and then take the process from there. Similar vibes to Castle and Dre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom