2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball commits to UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

“I’m a three-level scorer with consistency,” Ball said. “When I go to the lane, I’m going to get to the rim. If I go to the rim, I’m going to get fouled and hit my free throws. I can also shoot.”

Like many Hurley recruits, Ball prides himself on his defense.

“I can guard multiple positions,” he said. “In EYBL, I guard 1-5. I guarded some of the best players and held them to their worst games. One player, for example, was averaging 28 points before we played them. I made him shoot 3-for-19. He was 6 [feet] 9. The size or anything like that doesn’t phase me.

“I am also a relentless rebounder, and I am always going to go after the ball. You are going to know I am on the court with the energy I bring.”

“Last year, when UConn was in the Battle 4 Atlantis, me and my dad were watching that,” he said. “Every time UConn played, I was on it. I was like, ‘dad, look at Hurley’s energy.’ It was crazy. That’s something I want to play in.”

Reaction Score
Last year, when UConn was in the Battle 4 Atlantis, me and my dad were watching that,” he said. “Every time UConn played, I was on it. I was like, ‘dad, look at Hurley’s energy.’ It was crazy. That’s something I want to play in.”

love It. never go wrong in the Bahamas

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

“I’m a three-level scorer with consistency,” Ball said. “When I go to the lane, I’m going to get to the rim. If I go to the rim, I’m going to get fouled and hit my free throws. I can also shoot.”

Like many Hurley recruits, Ball prides himself on his defense.

“I can guard multiple positions,” he said. “In EYBL, I guard 1-5. I guarded some of the best players and held them to their worst games. One player, for example, was averaging 28 points before we played them. I made him shoot 3-for-19. He was 6 [feet] 9. The size or anything like that doesn’t phase me.

“I am also a relentless rebounder, and I am always going to go after the ball. You are going to know I am on the court with the energy I bring.”

“Last year, when UConn was in the Battle 4 Atlantis, me and my dad were watching that,” he said. “Every time UConn played, I was on it. I was like, ‘dad, look at Hurley’s energy.’ It was crazy. That’s something I want to play in.”
But the orange forum said nobody would relate to crazy dans energy?

Reaction Score
If you watch his highlights the best way to describe him is as a DOG. He is basically what I thought CFJ would be for us, but essentially better.

It’s worth noting the Brewster and Team Melo pipelines are running at full steam. Love to see what’s the next piece for Hurley & Co.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Very excited to have this kid on board. He has pro written all over him, his athleticism is off the chart. Also. “Solo Ball” what a great basketball name. Welcome Solo!

Reaction Score
I was pumped about him from the little I've seen from him in AAU this year. Then I saw video of how small he looked last year. Then I saw video of how tiny he was two or three years ago. Then I heard him talk and he sounds like a polished 40 year old instead of a teenager. I'm now giddy about this kid. With his frame, rapid growth in size/athleticism, and his work ethic the sky is the limit.

Never know for sure how a player will turn out but he has a lot of things in his favor to become really good. It's also a bonus he has an awesome name.

Reaction Score
Fun question for the Boneyard.. Who is going to be more intense?? His coach DH or him? It will only get better!!

Reaction Score
4th ranked class in the country on rivals:

1656715920628.png

5th on 247 but that's without a ranking for Jayden Ross

1656716021188.png

Reaction Score
Shreyas has been killing the recruiting trail coverage
Interesting that the article was posted at 5:00. Same time that Ball committed. So he obviously got the interview before the commitment was released.

Reaction Score
Last year, when UConn was in the Battle 4 Atlantis, me and my dad were watching that,” he said. “Every time UConn played, I was on it. I was like, ‘dad, look at Hurley’s energy.’ It was crazy. That’s something I want to play in.”

love It. never go wrong in the Bahamas

bUt BuT buT I THouGHt hURleYS sIDeLiNE aNtIcS WeRe A liABilITY

Reaction Score
Interesting that the article was posted at 5:00. Same time that Ball committed. So he obviously got the interview before the commitment was released.
Yeah Rob Dauster posted on here one time that recruits will do all the interviews and articles get written in advance and then it all gets posted once the recruit announces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom