2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball commits to UConn! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1656722012103.gif

Reaction Score
I just love how Hurley and company have kept the momentum rolling through the off season. The staff hasn’t been phased one bit by the transfers out and have in fact capitalized significantly. Time to watch the 2014 natty game again!

Reaction Score
Awesome news.... ok, so NOW I can say it...

What A BACKCOURT... Can't wait to see Castle and Ball together in 2023-2024!

Great job by our coaching staff, once again. They really are at the top level of recruiters in all of college basketball.

This 2023 recruiting class is shaping up to be Hurley's best so far... kudos to all of you who have seen and discussed the potential of just how good this class could be. You are looking quite prescient as of this moment!
Castle + Ball = Cinderella….at the very least.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone has said this but his game ( from the highlights I’ve watched ) reminds me of of Kelly Oubre Jr.
Like the lefty that Oubre is, Ball has the quick first step from the perimeter and then the explosiveness to the rim once he’s in the paint. He also angles his body well in traffic.

He’s one recruit that I am really looking forward to see playing in a Husky uniform.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This frame for a 17 year old is insane.

Someone mentioned this before, but that photo is giving me Westbrook vibes.

Westbrook vibes for sure. His motor and aggressiveness is crazy. Love it. Playing next to Castle will be perfect.

Reaction Score
A person could get used to this accelerated recruiting schedule
In 80 short days, the staff was able to land 7 players..
4/13..Newton
4/21…Alleyne
5/11..Diarra
5/28..Johnson Jr.
6/13..Calcaterra
6/27..Ross
7/1.. Ball

This staff doesn’t slow down and the current recruiting landscape sure makes it more exciting in the summertime for Boneyarders.

Reaction Score
4/13..Newton
4/21…Alleyne
5/11..Diarra
5/28..Johnson Jr.
6/13..Calcaterra
6/27..Ross
7/1.. Ball

This staff doesn’t slow down and the current recruiting landscape sure makes it more exciting in the summertime for Boneyarders.
Who is Johnson?

Reaction Score
4/13..Newton
4/21…Alleyne
5/11..Diarra
5/28..Johnson Jr.
6/13..Calcaterra
6/27..Ross
7/1.. Ball

You forgot my boy Emmett Hendry!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

“I’m a three-level scorer with consistency,” Ball said. “When I go to the lane, I’m going to get to the rim. If I go to the rim, I’m going to get fouled and hit my free throws. I can also shoot.”

Like many Hurley recruits, Ball prides himself on his defense.

“I can guard multiple positions,” he said. “In EYBL, I guard 1-5. I guarded some of the best players and held them to their worst games. One player, for example, was averaging 28 points before we played them. I made him shoot 3-for-19. He was 6 [feet] 9. The size or anything like that doesn’t phase me.

“I am also a relentless rebounder, and I am always going to go after the ball. You are going to know I am on the court with the energy I bring.”

“Last year, when UConn was in the Battle 4 Atlantis, me and my dad were watching that,” he said. “Every time UConn played, I was on it. I was like, ‘dad, look at Hurley’s energy.’ It was crazy. That’s something I want to play in.”
Damn. Great fit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone has said this but his game ( from the highlights I’ve watched ) reminds me of of Kelly Oubre Jr.
I'm pretty sure your the first.

Reaction Score
Still a young dude with a mature body style.. Another year of growth/strength conditioning in HS before coming on campus.. Will be a match up nightmare for opposition.

Really fortunate to get his commitment early in recruiting process.. He's hasn't scratched the surface of his potential.

Reaction Score
Yep. I totally forgot about him.
Thanks for correcting this.
Took me 20 mins to find his name... And I was the one who pointed out that even the thread about him barely had any identifying information!
The funny thing is other than the link to his video or the school website there's no evidence who this kid is. Without the first now deleted tweet, even the thread title doesn't include his name!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom