2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball commits to UConn! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
8E56A22C-56F4-41CC-8A8E-FE17B81ECE9B.png

Reaction Score
Small thing for him to work on. He’s really needs to develop a right hand. I saw about three times in those highlights where he had to finish a layup across his body. The kid has everything else. He will be a fan favorite with his energy

Reaction Score
We Got One Guys

No... we got TWO. Both Ball AND Castle are phenomenal talents.

And don't fret over Castle's shooting slump. These guys play so much these days that they are bound to have periods like he has had lately.

But make no mistake. He is a straight baller too. By this time next year when the rankings for the Class of 2023 have been finalized Ball should easily join Castle in the Top 30, with each pushing for 5* status. The only thing that makes me cool with waiting for these two studs to arrive on campus is that I really am excited to see how this coming season plays out, as the ceiling of the 2022-2023 version of our team is quite high, as well.

Add Middleton to this class and we are easily Top 10... and realistically should be close to the Top 5. This staff rocks at recruiting!

Reaction Score
Watching a few minutes of solo's game now.

Saw him drive and go 1/2 from the line, catch a terrible pass from a teammate on the short corner and get a nice dime anyways, contest a shot at the rim. Play more like a small-forward than I expected in the halfcourt. He's a huge 6'3... looks 6'4 to me. Drew another (intentional) foul in the open court because his defender couldn't stay in front of him. Drew another foul in the open court... went 2/2 from the line

He has 10/2/2 in the first half. 2/4 overall, and 2/3 from deep. 4/6 from the line.

I'll try to catch another game later this weekend if I have any free time.

Ross hit one 3 from the corner and draw a foul in transition. 1/2 from the line. Looks like he's got 7 points... 2/2 from deep in the first half.

Reaction Score
Ball had 22 in the win, he's going to be mad at himself for missing a couple of dunks. Think he only missed one outside shot all game that wasn't an end of quarter heave.

He looked sharp. Super effecient until the end of the game when he got sloppy because of the blowout.

Reaction Score
Ball had 22 in the win, he's going to be mad at himself for missing a couple of dunks. Think he only missed one outside shot all game that wasn't an end of quarter heave.

Should add... he was 6/12 from the field, 3/4 from deep, and 7/10 from FT.

It was really more like 6/10 and 3/3 if you discount the late game theatrics and halftime heave

Reaction Score
Watching a few minutes of solo's game now.

Saw him drive and go 1/2 from the line, catch a terrible pass from a teammate on the short corner and get a nice dime anyways, contest a shot at the rim. Play more like a small-forward than I expected in the halfcourt. He's a huge 6'3... looks 6'4 to me. Drew another (intentional) foul in the open court because his defender couldn't stay in front of him. Drew another foul in the open court... went 2/2 from the line

He has 10/2/2 in the first half. 2/4 overall, and 2/3 from deep. 4/6 from the line.

I'll try to catch another game later this weekend if I have any free time.

Ross hit one 3 from the corner and draw a foul in transition. 1/2 from the line. Looks like he's got 7 points... 2/2 from deep in the first half.
Does Ross look like a high major talent or more of a wildcard?

Reaction Score
Does Ross look like a high major talent or more of a wildcard?

Didn't do a thing in the second half. If he's a legit shooter, definitely worth a shot as a bench sniper.

Reaction Score
Solo plays again at 6pm. You can find the live streams on the eybl website. Hopefully one of you can catch it... I'm on an impromptu trip to DC with my god daughter so I won't be able to catch it

Saw a recent interview with him. Kid seems to just LOVE competing and playing ball. None of this 5-star prima-donna crap.

Reaction Score
Solo plays again at 6pm. You can find the live streams on the eybl website. Hopefully one of you can catch it... I'm on an impromptu trip to DC with my god daughter so I won't be able to catch it

Saw a recent interview with him. Kid seems to just LOVE competing and playing ball. None of this 5-star prima-donna crap.
Didn't watch, but he went 4/12 (0-3 from 3) and finished with 8 points. Surprisingly didn't get to the line at all. Off game for him.

Reaction Score
Watched the last 5 min of 1st half and all of the second half. Melo got behind by mid teens and then closed to a 2 point game with 1 min. Ross missed 2 free throws and Ball missed a contested shot in the lane in that last minute, and Ross received a pass on the sideline stepping out of bounds, and they lost by 4 I believe. The opponent team did not have impressive players, and neither team had an impact front court player.

If I was watching the game looking for prospects, I don't think either player would have turned my head that they were special. With that said, they each look like they could compliment a team with other stars.

I was positively surprised by Ross. He was very active and fluid. He was called on to play some center to defeat the opponent with hand quickness and successfully caused 2-3 loose balls I noted. He isn't a true rim protector but he blocked or altered 4-5 shots when guards drove the lane and came up with the ball 2-3 of those times. They used his quickness at center to make their comeback with these plays then running the floor. He was 3-3 from the line before his 2 clutch misses. I think Sid Wilson is an okay comp with a greater inclination to put the ball on the floor and be a ball handler, maybe Murray Williams as a fluid versatile defender. He is going to take it to the hoop more than be a spot up shooter. With the good attitude he expressed in his interviews, I can see him being a versatile player for us.

Solomon Ball showed some flashes but drifted on the perimeter more than I expected I think he shot 4-12 and he was committed on occasion to forcing a shot that wasn't the best. On 1 occasion he broke down the defender beautifully then missed the 2 ft shot. I know I wasn't seeing his best effort vs other games. It's easy to see he has the tools.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch, but he went 4/12 (0-3 from 3) and finished with 8 points. Surprisingly didn't get to the line at all. Off game for him.

Send half of a double-header. No worries IMO

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Watched the last 5 min of 1st half and all of the second half. Melo got behind by mid teens and then closed to a 2 point game with 1 min. Ross missed 2 free throws and Ball missed a contested shot in the lane in that last minute, and Ross received a pass on the sideline stepping out of bounds, and they lost by 4 I believe. The opponent team did not have impressive players, and neither team had an impact front court player.

If I was watching the game looking for prospects, I don't think either player would have turned my head that they were special. With that said, they each look like they could compliment a team with other stars.

I was positively surprised by Ross. He was very active and fluid. He was called on to play some center to defeat the opponent with hand quickness and successfully caused 2-3 loose balls I noted. He isn't a true rim protector but he blocked or altered 4-5 shots when guards drove the lane and came up with the ball 2-3 of those times. They used his quickness at center to make their comeback with these plays then running the floor. He was 3-3 from the line before his 2 clutch misses. I think Sid Wilson is an okay comp with a greater inclination to put the ball on the floor and be a ball handler, maybe Murray Williams as a fluid versatile defender. He is going to take it to the hoop more than be a spot up shooter. With the good attitude he expressed in his interviews, I can see him being a versatile player for us.

Solomon Ball showed some flashes but drifted on the perimeter more than I expected I think he shot 4-12 and he was committed on occasion to forcing a shot that wasn't the best. On 1 occasion he broke down the defender beautifully then missed the 2 ft shot. I know I wasn't seeing his best effort vs other games. It's easy to see he has the tools.
I think the plan with him is to hope he continues growing and play him as a stretch 4. Looks very comfortable in the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom