2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball commits to UConn! | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Offensively, he’s electric running the point as a confident ball-handler who doesn’t get rattled easily. His passing skills are solid and fundamental, not dishing too many flashy passes, but also not making a ton of errors. As a scorer, there’s a chance he could be the best Husky since current Charlotte Hornet James Bouknight. Ball has a beautiful, reliable jumper, with the ability to hit from both the midrange and from distance on and off the dribble. He’s shifty and knows when it’s time to take over, able to get into his stepback and drill a shot with a hand in his face.

As a finisher, Ball is equally thrilling to watch. On the fastbreak and in the halfcourt, he’s able to slam dunks in with force. When not in a position to punish the rim, Ball has a crafty and creative layup package, switching hands in mid-air and finishing with confidence.

Defensively, Ball makes the flashy plays, such as high-flying blocks, but can sometimes have trouble keeping the offense in front of him. His frame and freak-athleticism puts his defensive ceiling very high, but there’s still work to be done for Ball’s consistency on that end of the floor. Hustle is also a key feature of Ball’s game, diving for loose balls and putting his body on the line for his team.

His personality is one of the most encouraging things about Ball, with an alpha mentality that UConn needs if they want to take the next step. He may get a few technical fouls for his celebrations along the way, but knows how to act to get his teammates amped up, showing a ton of personality in his play.

Reaction Score

Offensively, he’s electric running the point as a confident ball-handler who doesn’t get rattled easily. His passing skills are solid and fundamental, not dishing too many flashy passes, but also not making a ton of errors. As a scorer, there’s a chance he could be the best Husky since current Charlotte Hornet James Bouknight. Ball has a beautiful, reliable jumper, with the ability to hit from both the midrange and from distance on and off the dribble. He’s shifty and knows when it’s time to take over, able to get into his stepback and drill a shot with a hand in his face.

As a finisher, Ball is equally thrilling to watch. On the fastbreak and in the halfcourt, he’s able to slam dunks in with force. When not in a position to punish the rim, Ball has a crafty and creative layup package, switching hands in mid-air and finishing with confidence.

Defensively, Ball makes the flashy plays, such as high-flying blocks, but can sometimes have trouble keeping the offense in front of him. His frame and freak-athleticism puts his defensive ceiling very high, but there’s still work to be done for Ball’s consistency on that end of the floor. Hustle is also a key feature of Ball’s game, diving for loose balls and putting his body on the line for his team.

His personality is one of the most encouraging things about Ball, with an alpha mentality that UConn needs if they want to take the next step. He may get a few technical fouls for his celebrations along the way, but knows how to act to get his teammates amped up, showing a ton of personality in his play.

His jumper is absolutely a work in progress. But he's been rapidly improving... you don't score 18ppg on the EYBL without being a talent.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
1656709800491.jpeg

Reaction Score

"I felt that it was best to decide now. I felt that I really belonged at that school,” Ball said. “The way that Coach Hurley coaches just reminds me of the way my dad used to coach me growing up. I’ve always had a chip on my shoulder. Hurley’s just a competitor and I’m a competitor"

Reaction Score
i like the kid’s energy based on the clips. old DH is getting his mitts all over the program.

Reaction Score
Awesome news.... ok, so NOW I can say it...

What A BACKCOURT... Can't wait to see Castle and Ball together in 2023-2024!

Great job by our coaching staff, once again. They really are at the top level of recruiters in all of college basketball.

This 2023 recruiting class is shaping up to be Hurley's best so far... kudos to all of you who have seen and discussed the potential of just how good this class could be. You are looking quite prescient as of this moment!

Reaction Score

Honestly would give this 10 likes if I could. Hurley and staff have an obvious "type" of character in the young men they are looking for to add to our program (in addition to very talented at the game of basketball, of course).

And it is one of the most important reasons for the success they have getting a commitment once they zero in on someone like Ball... or Castle. Something tells me we are just going to love this young man's work ethic and attitude. Another "Junkyard Dog" type. Love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom