2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball commits to UConn! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

This young man is absolutely BLOWING UP! Get him to use his right hand once in a while just to keep the defense honest and he is a 5*.

Anyone else getting a Cam Whitmore-type vibe on this one? NOT because they are the same type of player of course, but just how Whitmore similarly skyrocketed up the recruiting rankings from below 100 in the spring of 2021 to a top 10 to 20 (#9 Rivals, #13 247Sports and #21 ESPN) 5* level talent by this spring (and we were in on him, specifically because of Kevin Freeman being friends with the family, but we fell off once Kevin moved into National C Club support role). More than a few guys here on the Yard were disappointed when we fell off Whitmore's list, and it looks as if they were right.

Mr. Ball is going to be a heck of a lot of fun to watch when he gets here!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wonder if the staff sees Ross in the Polley role eventually — no mistakes, full green light shooter.
He’d have show off a better stroke than 34% in high school. Ross is much more athletic than Polley, I’d imagine they want him getting down hill more often than that.

Reaction Score
My notes from the game today...

16 points. 1 rebound. 0 assist. 7/12 from the field. 2/8 from deep.
  • guarding Mackenzie Mgbako… has 4 inches and 25lbs on him at least. Heck of a matchup for a doubler header. Solo looks exhausted already 2 minutes in.
  • Shot selection on the perimeter is not so good… some of the 3s were head scratchers. Like horrific. Probably effecting his %s a lot.
  • I suspect he has a lot of bad second games like we saw today and yesterday.. Plays with so much energy it can sustain.
  • He has NO idea how to get open on the perimeter… he has got to work on that at Brewster… all of his 3s were terrible shot selection. He’s a better shooter than his numbers show, but he doesn’t know how to use his feet.
  • ALL of his made 3s he had good footwork, ALL the bad 3s he had bad footwork… we can work with this. Just needs reps.
  • Takes contact on both sides really well. Built strong for his size.
  • He’s fast as hell, but doesn’t play with pace. Only 1 speed.
  • Not a very good passer at this stage, especially when dribbling

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
My notes from the game today...

16 points. 1 rebound. 0 assist. 7/12 from the field. 2/8 from deep.
  • guarding Mackenzie Mgbako… has 4 inches and 25lbs on him at least. Heck of a matchup for a doubler header. Solo looks exhausted already 2 minutes in.
  • Shot selection on the perimeter is not so good… some of the 3s were head scratchers. Like horrific. Probably effecting his %s a lot.
  • I suspect he has a lot of bad second games like we saw today and yesterday.. Plays with so much energy it can sustain.
  • He has NO idea how to get open on the perimeter… he has got to work on that at Brewster… all of his 3s were terrible shot selection. He’s a better shooter than his numbers show, but he doesn’t know how to use his feet.
  • ALL of his made 3s he had good footwork, ALL the bad 3s he had bad footwork… we can work with this. Just needs reps.
  • Takes contact on both sides really well. Built strong for his size.
  • He’s fast as hell, but doesn’t play with pace. Only 1 speed.
  • Not a very good passer at this stage, especially when dribbling
Practice, practice practice. And a good teachable attitude and we got a helluva Husky. Loving that comment about his speed. Memories of Kemba and Boat. Can't teach speed. Thanks for the scouting report.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm old and still confused - why the drop?
the 247 composite rating factors in all of the recruiting sites (247, ESPN, On3, and Rivals). ESPN recently must've just put in their ranking of a 3* for him which tears down the composite ranking hard.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Desperately needs better coaching. Does team melo even practice?

Reaction Score

It's embarassing. The program needs to hire someone better.

To be fair... practicing with teams from kids all over the DMV is pretty difficult. AAU teams often only practice a couple times a week before the season starts, and less after. Sometimes not even 2x.

Reaction Score
probably not lol. getting these teams together frequently is hard. I know even Renaissance doesn't get many practices in

Reaction Score
Solo's coaching ain't gonna change this summer.. He's just putting in the time and working on some skill development. His exposure in AAU got him a free-ride to a dream school. Mission accomplished.

Brewster will be an excellent environment to develop and enhance his talents ..Goin' up against D-1 talent every day in practice and then in games on their schedule. He'll be fine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That’s fine. It’s all bulletin board material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom