Marquette Postgame Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
It's a good thing Geno did not listen to those people who thought she too slow and could not play any defense.

Ofc some might be taking some of "those people's" comments out of context when "some of those other people" said they were "skeptical." But ofc I guess "skeptical" means she could definitely NOT play any defense.? OFC only super quick players can play good defense too, right? Way to go.

Way to go-- the team has been playing super and you want to go back to posts from early in the season on a night when they were tremendous.

You also want to bring up there were those suggesting Paige shouldn't start too? And who else do you want to go back on?

C'mon.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Where are these postgame videos you folks are referencing?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's a good thing Geno did not listen to those people who thought she too slow and could not play any defense.
Megan Culmo had actually said in the telecast that early in the season, she did not understand why Geno kept playing Nika. But he saw something she did not. But that is why he is the coach

Reaction Score
Ofc some might be taking some of "those people's" comments out of context when "some of those other people" said they were "skeptical." But ofc I guess "skeptical" means she could definitely NOT play any defense.? OFC only super quick players can play good defense too, right? Way to go.

Way to go-- the team has been playing super and you want to go back to posts from early in the season on a night when they were tremendous.

You also want to bring up there were those suggesting Paige shouldn't start too? And who else do you want to go back on?

C'mon.
I don't remember who it was hoop, but there were posters making more negative comments than 'skeptical'.

Words like 'slow' (and worse than that) and phrases like 'can't guard my grandmother', another one that I can't remember exactly but it was similar to 'beaten like a drum'. There were others as well and they were repeated many times.

Reaction Score
One of the best games of the year I’ve our team for sure. At times the the movement and execution was beautiful to see and something we missed last year. Very happy to see the players progressing nicely.
  • Paige - most have said it, but she is amazing. I truly believe that at this moment I don’t see any player better than her in college. Her shot looks so smooth and effortless, it just snaps the net almost every time. At this point she is the best freshman we’ve ever had, slightly ahead of Maya
  • Nika - I was one of the earlier critics and I am glad she’s made me me swallow my words somewhat. She was good on defense today and was such a an effort player especially getting her hands around the ball. One attempted steal where I saw her shoot across the tv screen was amazing even though she didn’t get it the effort was there and I don’t think I’ve ever seen CWil, a junior so that. Hope she keeps it up and gets better. Her three pout shot looks semi decent. Now if she could finish her drives better...
  • CWill - another great example of how she can impact the game. Attack and finish at the rim, drive and put pressure on the defense and get to the foul line, hit mid range jumpers and take a few threes. If she moves within the offense people will get her the ball in good position to score near the basket. She should know by now that volume three point shooting is not needed from her. We have Paige, Evina, Nika and possibly Saylor who can provide us with that threat. Just okay within herself and I think she will compliment the other players perfectly
  • Liv - she played much better after going to the bench. Her effort in the glass was much better and her role now with the emergence of AEdwards is to be a someone who passes, sets screens for our shooters and rolls to basket when defense collapses on Paige or Evina and finish at the rim. Hit the occasional mid range shot or three but the days where do bangs down low with the top post players is probably gone since she takes too much time and effort to put an effective move up. This way she gives Aliyah the list space but also puts pressure on the defense with her ability to screen and roll and not some outside jumpers. Her defense and rebounding I still believe is elite when she is on so defensively we just don’t have anyone like Liv
  • Evina has looked a bit off the last few games and I think something is bothering her. Not sure if it’s the knee but she seems to be playing through something. I’m hoping that it’s not serious and she will make it through the season.
  • Mir - jumped with a foot higher than the opposing player to get an offfensove rebound, it was sick to see that athleticism. She just has an awkward game around the basket but somehow the ball seems to find the basket. Her shot actually looks good mechanically and I think her hustle and energy is great for a freshman. I’m pleasantly surprised by her minutes thus far.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No, Bria and Geno wanted to make sure that Caroline Doty got minutes. She used to come in two minutes into big games. That was Geno and Bria being softies, and at one point Doty even acknowledged it.
Some of that had to do with it being easier for CD2 to warmup and play some, than to warmup, sit, then come in and play.

Reaction Score
I feel good for Liv tonight. Geno now has the luxury to play her in the position that fits her body type and skill set. She is not a banger under the basket and never will be but she has soft hands, good court vision, and very good passing skills. I would she is about the happiest she has been in a while and that hopefully will bode well for her going forward. I hope her dud games are behind her.

Reaction Score
I don't remember who it was hoop, but there were posters making more negative comments than 'skeptical'.

Words like 'slow' (and worse than that) and phrases like 'can't guard my grandmother', another one that I can't remember exactly but it was similar to 'beaten like a drum'. There were others as well and they were repeated many times.

I'm going to PM you. I don''t want to derail this thread.

Damn these frosh are just playing super!!! Super.

I am juts so looking forward to Monday night. No expectations of the outcome because I have no idea who will win. OFC I want to see a big win.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
What must CW do to get some love from the "few" here. You want 20+ from her every night....just when 18 pts doesn't do it?
I will be extatic when. . .
1. When she hasn't a lane for a lay-up, pass the ball.
2. Cut until one of the other 4 players passes her the ball for a lay-up or jump shot.
3. Defend & rebound.

I thought that tonight she had an excellent game. Would have been perfect if she hasn't shot the 3s. Might have had 4 more points if she had taken two steps inside the line and took a shot within her range. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom