Marquette Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
At least right now, the most effective five on the floor is Nika, Paige, Evina, Alijah and Liv. I would love to see someone do a PER stat analysis when those five were on the floor together. It is no accident that Geno turned to that lineup late in the third quarter when Marquette made a run.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
At least right now, the most effective five on the floor is Nika, Paige, Evina, Alijah and Liv. I would love to see someone do a PER stat analysis when those five were on the floor together. It is no accident that Geno turned to that lineup late in the third quarter when Marquette made a run.
As I said in the game thread, I think that line up is UConn's best chance for a championship this year.

Reaction Score
I hope Aaliyah can come into the South Carolina game focused on not being too aggressive that she commits fouls. The is the most anticipated opponent of ours yet. I hope that doesn’t make her overplay. Nice job today by her with 1 foul. She will be needed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope Aaliyah can come into the South Carolina game focused on not being too aggressive that she commits fouls. The is the most anticipated opponent of ours yet. I hope that doesn’t make her overplay. Nice job today by her with 1 foul. She will be needed.
Aaliyah has really cut down on fouls in the last two games, and she is far more effective as a result.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Well played game against a tough, physical team. Real good win!!
Ball movement, again, was great. Marquette was left flat footed most of the night.
Very aggressive, ball hawking defense.
Best guard combo is Paige, Nika and Evina.
Paige plays on a completely different level.
Nika is hard nose, aggressive, full speed again damn the torpedoes!
Aaliyah is one tough kid who plays like a seasoned veteran.
When Christyn drives and slashes she is at her best.
I know many on down on Liv, but a very balanced game from her. She is not the down low bruiser that many want her to be.

A lot of positive comments from Geno in his post game.

Reaction Score
Don't forget we could be stuck in the AAC. There are a few good teams in the BE and others will improve, just like the first time they hung around with the Huskies.
Honestly I thought Marquette was a good opponent. They played well tonight, obviously UConn got the better of them, but i’ve enjoyed being in the big east so far. Hoping the league continues to improve

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom