Marquette Postgame Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So you think she knew Edwards was going to take a charge? She started her drive before Edwards moved into her path.
She started her drive before AE moved into her path, but she lowered her shoulder when she saw AE move into her path. To me that means a conscious decision to bowl her over. That could have been a serious injury, but AE is a big kid and does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
I hear what you are saying regarding perimeter defense. But it also comes down to an ability to make shots too. This was a huge problem for UCONN, right? We were a good passing team but we needed -- and who knows may still need- someone like Saylor for the future?

It's not just UCONN that can struggle to shoot regardless how well they pass.
Well my 3 keys for the game:

1. Play good perimeter defense - limit penetration and 3 pt shots (30% or less)
2. Make 50% of our threes. It helps that PB will make 75% or so
3. Keep Boston and Saxton off the boards.

Reaction Score
She started her drive before AE moved into her path, but she lowered her shoulder when she saw AE move into her path. To me that means a conscious decision to bowl her over. That could have been a serious injury, but AE is a big kid and does not get the benefit of the doubt.
Exactly. Rules have changed and officiating has evolved. 40 years ago your coach would tell you that if the guy wants to step in front of you, make him pay for it. That doesn’t cut it anymore. Initiating contact now is a foul and the officials blew the call. IMO, women’s BB programs deserve much better officiating than what they get. Especially with three on the floor.

Reaction Score
Well my 3 keys for the game:

1. Play good perimeter defense - limit penetration and 3 pt shots (30% or less)
2. Make 50% of our threes. It helps that PB will make 75% or so
3. Keep Boston and Saxton off the boards.

Wow.

UCONN wins by over 30 if all those three happen.

Reaction Score
Wow.

UCONN wins by over 30 if all those three happen.
I think we have a difference of perspective on this. I think they need to do all three to have a good chance of winning.

Reaction Score
I think we have a difference of perspective on this. I think they need to do all three to have a good chance of winning.
I have to agree with hoophuskee. If UConn is successful at those three things, we will likely blow them out!

Reaction Score
I have to agree with hoophuskee. If UConn is successful at those three things, we will likely blow them out!
either way, we win....only a day to go!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom