Marquette Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
For a while there I thought we were playing UCF and really getting pummeled on the boards. And then we got tough. Paige does not get the+ after her A tonight. 3 Turnovers. Christyn with an A game tonight, Liv with a solid B+. For those who want her down low, look what she did from the high post tonight. Aaliya and Nika solid A's on hustle alone. Evina B- too many turnovers and seemed to be not 100%. Anchors away Saylor!!!

Reaction Score
Nika should start every game for the rest of her career. She plays her butt off every possession and does everything she would be expected to do and more.

Paige. The UConn elite of elite have a new member. Don't tell me it's too early for that coronation. She isn't going to get worse as time goes along, only better. Among back court players we've had I haven't had that wow feeling about a player since Maya.

Reaction Score
How about 27 assists on 34 made baskets. This team can really, really, really pass the ball!
Used to moan because KLS and others would run around screens. This team sets hard screens and Paige in particular knows how to use them. Haven't seen Geno use double screens in many years but many of Paige's and Evina's 3's come off of this old fashioned but effective tactic.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I really like Nika as the point guard and Paige at shooting guard. With Evina also able to handle the pg duties, Paige can roam around until she decides where she wants to make her next shot from. I was thinking it would take a year for the freshmen to settle in but, wow, this team could be scary good by tournament time this year.

Reaction Score
I really like Nika as the point guard and Paige at shooting guard. With Evina also able to handle the pg duties, Paige can roam around until she decides where she wants to make her next shot from. I was thinking it would take a year for the freshmen to settle in but, wow, this team could be scary good by tournament time.
I don’t think any team in the country would look at this UConn team and think “I’d want to play them in March” that’s for sure. On our night we could beat anyone and we are getting better the more games they play. Have to take into account the number of games cancelled compared to other teams, in another 5 games time we will be even better.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Hopefully Nika is teaching some people that you can’t judge a freshman off a few games after an injury and limited practice. A Rizzotti type warrior. A definite plus.

Paige is ridiculous
For some reason I knew Meyers wasn't about to give you a LIKE on your post. ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I really like Nika as the point guard and Paige at shooting guard. With Evina also able to handle the pg duties, Paige can roam around until she decides where she wants to make her next shot from. I was thinking it would take a year for the freshmen to settle in but, wow, this team could be scary good by tournament time this year.
I think she'll be bringing up the ball consistently from now on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom