June recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I mentioned Adhel Tac's rising star back in April.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From Shane Laflin's February stock riser article:

C Adhel Tac
6-foot-5
South Grand Prairie High School (Texas)

Tac is a major stock-rising center who is averaging 18 points on 64% shooting, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks this season. Already holding offers from Texas Tech, Indiana, SMU, North Texas, Lamar, UTSA and Oklahoma State, she will have college coaches following her all spring and summer.

Tac has an interesting background. She began playing the game late in junior high. Rather than focusing on her perimeter skills and neglecting basic fundamentals in the paint, her high school program prioritized her footwork and hands. In turn, she has built a balanced base and grown into a multi-skill threat. She can score on the block, face up and read double teams well. She is comfortable with contact and in the crowded paint.

With her height and mobility, she provides a huge defensive presence as well. Challenging and changing shots in the paint and controlling the boards is a massive advantage. As she learns the nuances of pick-and-roll coverages, as well as how to eliminate some fouls, look for her to be a major impact throughout the rest of her high school career.

Reaction Score
From Shane Laflin's February stock riser article:

C Adhel Tac
6-foot-5
South Grand Prairie High School (Texas)

Tac is a major stock-rising center who is averaging 18 points on 64% shooting, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks this season. Already holding offers from Texas Tech, Indiana, SMU, North Texas, Lamar, UTSA and Oklahoma State, she will have college coaches following her all spring and summer.

Tac has an interesting background. She began playing the game late in junior high. Rather than focusing on her perimeter skills and neglecting basic fundamentals in the paint, her high school program prioritized her footwork and hands. In turn, she has built a balanced base and grown into a multi-skill threat. She can score on the block, face up and read double teams well. She is comfortable with contact and in the crowded paint.

With her height and mobility, she provides a huge defensive presence as well. Challenging and changing shots in the paint and controlling the boards is a massive advantage. As she learns the nuances of pick-and-roll coverages, as well as how to eliminate some fouls, look for her to be a major impact throughout the rest of her high school career.

like I said, this should be the priority for future UConn bigs......

"prioritized her footwork and hands. In turn, she has built a balanced base and grown into a multi-skill threat. She can score on the block, face up and read double teams well. She is comfortable with contact and in the crowded paint.

Reaction Score
she looks pretty quick/athletic for 6'5"..........the ability to score inside in traffic should be the number one offensive essential for future UConn bigs............a consistent outside shot would be gravy.......

If she learned Czinano's baby hook shot she would have an indefensible offense.

Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky is UConn interested in Prosper out of Canada? I read on another “rival” forum that their coach as been out to view Prosper and Fournier (sp?)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Last, but certainly not least, flipping back to the Top Notch program, 2027 5’6 Combo Guard Jessie Moses is a young scorer to commit to memory now. Moses plays hard and is very skilled at a young age, and while she got cooking with made baskets from all over the floor, it was her pinpoint, thread the needle passing that really should be appreciated. It was a good day for her, no doubt.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
27’ Jessie Moses (Top Notch)

Jessie is a flat out scorer and one of the best shooters in class which she proved throughout the winter series sessions. She doesn't force many shots as she shows patience finding space to get her shot off, she also plays well out of the triple threat utilizing jabs and ball fakes to create advantage. She makes the right reads of PNR either pulling for three on under or getting into the gaps on trails which is high level plays at such a young age. As a shot maker it opens up her driving ability and she showed great court vision with drop offs to post or kicks to shooters. As she continues to add to her game we will be watching.

26’ Jordan Jackson (Team Takeover)

Jordan proved to be one of the most talented, consistent and dominant performers throughout the winter series and session IV was no different. She scored on all three levels, used her quick first step blow by defenders and looks to be more comfortable with the physicality finishing in the lanes through contact. She looked to be more engaged defensively getting a number of blocks and showed great lateral movement and agility staying in front of much smaller guards. Already sought after by multiple P5 programs, she has unlimited potential.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jessie Moses — 2027 — 5-9 — Point Guard — Pennsylvania – Play-maker who continues to be on the rise at an early age…So fast and smooth with the ball…The pull up has become a legitimate weapon and she is hitting the three behind the ball screen as well

Olivia Vukosa — 2026 — 6-4 — Forward — New York – Continues to be a force…Drive, post up, shoot it, whatever she needs to do…Really asserting herself in the paint and drawing loads of contact…Gets out and defends on the perimeter

Reaction Score
Jessie Moses — 2027 — 5-9 — Point Guard — Pennsylvania – Play-maker who continues to be on the rise at an early age…So fast and smooth with the ball…The pull up has become a legitimate weapon and she is hitting the three behind the ball screen as well

Olivia Vukosa — 2026 — 6-4 — Forward — New York – Continues to be a force…Drive, post up, shoot it, whatever she needs to do…Really asserting herself in the paint and drawing loads of contact…Gets out and defends on the perimeter

While I rarely post about Frosh in high school (who is smart enough to evaluate 13-14 year olds), spoke to two friends who love Oliva vukosa's game. Feel she is a smart player with high motor and skills on both offense and defense. Both felt she is a "UConn type of player."

Reaction Score
New POI, Chris Dailey following 2027 PG Jessie Moses out of Pennsylvania.

Moses plays AAU on Philly Rise with another POI, Olivia Vukosa.
Terrible looking jump shot on Moses (but it goes in)

Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky is UConn interested in Prosper out of Canada? I read on another “rival” forum that their coach as been out to view Prosper and Fournier (sp?)

I believe someone here confirmed she is being followed on IG by Morgan Valley though I can't find that post.

Coach Valley is following the AAU program she plays for, BecomeOne. Prosper doesn't have a social media presence.

Reaction Score
Coach Valley is following the AAU program she plays for, BecomeOne. Prosper doesn't have a social media presence.
I know Niele Ivey & ND are looking at Prosper HARD. I had a feeling UCONN would look at her and Fournier too. Niele watched Prosper last month—according to a new article. I assume MV/CD/GA were there as well. You are correct-she has no social media (I’m pretty sure). We shall see where she goes. She is a hell of a player. Reminds me of Satou Sabally.

Reaction Score
Last, but certainly not least, flipping back to the Top Notch program, 2027 5’6 Combo Guard Jessie Moses is a young scorer to commit to memory now. Moses plays hard and is very skilled at a young age, and while she got cooking with made baskets from all over the floor, it was her pinpoint, thread the needle passing that really should be appreciated. It was a good day for her, no doubt.

This is how it begins. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I know Niele Ivey & ND are looking at Prosper HARD. I had a feeling UCONN would look at her and Fournier too. Niele watched Prosper last month—according to a new article. I assume MV/CD/GA were there as well. You are correct-she has no social media (I’m pretty sure). We shall see where she goes. She is a hell of a player. Reminds me of Satou Sabally.
I've been lucky to have the ability to see Prosper develop since she was 12/13 at various events and through the OSBA, the league she competes in. She's a lot of fun to watch. She's had a lot of great coaching throughout her school career and it's showing.

Reaction Score
This is how it begins. :rolleyes:
Yes, girls still grow before they end up in High School. :cool:

She will be in eighth grade in 2022-2023, as a class of 2027 recruit....

Hopefully, she will be 6' 1+" when she ends up at UCONN, and takes the Huskies to the promised land of NC's 15, 16, 17....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom