June recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That was your fault. ;) You know you should never go all out on an uncommitted recruit. It is an invitation to a major disappointment. I'm hoping for Kitts, but I won't get my hopes up.
Agreed. It’s a heck of a feeling when you’re way out there on a “shaky” branch hoping (praying) that a recruit comes to UConn only to see her commit to another elite program, and leave you hanging and wanting.

When that branch snaps, and you’re in free fall. It’s not a good feeling. Aliyah Boston sawed off the branch I was standing on. I learned my lesson. :(

Reaction Score
Agreed. It’s a heck of a feeling when you’re way out there on a “shaky” branch hoping (praying) that a recruit comes to UConn only to see her commit to another elite program, and leave you hanging and wanting.

When that branch snaps, and you’re in free fall. It’s not a good feeling. Aliyah Boston sawed off the branch I was standing on. I learned my lesson. :(
I feel ya.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What I notice about Shade’s shot is that she’s a leaper. When you watch her games, her athleticism really stands out, especially how strong her legs are. On a jumper, she gets high enough that she doesn’t have to release the ball at the top. Her shooting motion is independent of her jumping motion. This is true of Paige and Azzi, too. But they’re not quite leapers on the scale Shade is. So many of the kids in high school need the momentum of the jump to propel their shot.
I saw her set a screen and outjump everyone for a rebound. Too many kids think being a good player is all about scoring but Ashlynn seems to have bought into the idea of being a complete player.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Late April AAU recap:

Aniya Foy Guard 2025 Cy Fair Elite 16U

Foy has a smooth jump shot and knows how to use her handle and aggressive mentality to find and create her shot. When she wasn’t draining the jumper from deep, she was attacking and finishing in the lane, another one of Cy Fairs tough-tough 25’s.

Kayleigh Heckel Guard 2024 Exodus 16s

Kayleigh was ‘tough” all weekend. She has an unbelievable feel for the game and an ability to make big-time plays off the bounce for her or her teammates. Kayleigh stood out in multiple games as one of if not the top players on the floor with her intensity and skill level, Kayleigh Heckel is nice!!

Kennedy Umeh Center 2024 Philly Rise 16U

Kennedy is a very physical and strong presence in the paint with a great frame and good footwork. She did a great job scoring and attacking the paint aggressively and was equally as physical and dominant on D. Showed great skill foot speed and ability to also cover the perimeter on switches. Big time weekend for Umeh.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’d like to place my order for Ava Heiden right now! She looks like a keeper already! I’m pretty excited to see what she is going to look like after two more years of growth and improvement!
I really like the way Heiden uses her body to position herself for the seal, catch and finish- truly outstanding. Looks like she is also able to step out and knock down the deep ball at a decent clip. The 2024 class is shaping up very nicely as far as big post players. There is Ava Heiden, Blanca Thomas, Kennedy Ume, and Kate Koval. Heiden is from Oregon and maybe a hard pull from the west to UCONN. Read recently that Blanca Thomas is "strongly" considering NC State. Sarah Strong top 5 in class of 24 although not a true post her father played at NC St as well. Ume looked awful comfortable in her recent visit to North Carolina. It is early but I'm all in on Kate the Great for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2022-06-08 110411.jpg

Reaction Score
Ashlynn gets a ton of rebounds for a guard. Quickness is a huge factor as well as height and jumping ability. Arm strength and hand strength. Overall though she just flat out hustles all the time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ashlynn Shade played in a second Indiana all-star game Wednesday. She had 14 points (5-12 FG), 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

Laila Hull had 6 points (2-13 FG), 8 rebounds, and 3 steals

Ayanna Patterson is supposed to participate in more of these games this weekend.

Recap and some highlights below.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Mikaylah Williams Drops Top 5, New UConn Women's Basketball Targets, USAB U17 National Team Roster​

Reaction Score
I’d like to place my order for Ava Heiden right now! She looks like a keeper already! I’m pretty excited to see what she is going to look like after two more years of growth and improvement!
Heckel & Heiden as a one-two punch?!?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Morgan Valley now following 2024 Alie Bisballe, a 6-2/6-3 C/F out of Michigan. A few notes on Bisballe below.

Alie Bisballe PF Michigan Mystics 16U S40

Alie is one of the top post players in her class and she didn’t waste any time today showing just how dominant she is. She was a force in the paint on both ends of the floor, blocking shots and using great footwork, Skilled post moves, and a soft touch to get buckets. She is a very skilled passer and playmaker out of the high post making some pin point passes to teammates for easy baskets. She has also extended her range knocking down the jumper from beyond 15 feet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A local report on Alie Bisballe from 2021:

ALIE BISBALLE, HOUGHTON LAKE

Perhaps the area’s most highly anticipated rookie, Bisballe is primed to explode onto the varsity scene as a freshman. “Kids like Alie don’t grow on trees in northern Michigan,” coach Greg Kauffman said. “She will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.” The 6-foot-3 center is a skilled dribbler who can get to the basket or knock down pullup jumpers. The younger sister of GVSU signee Macy Bisballe, she is already hot on the college radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom