June recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this legit? I have not heard of this Nicole before, and the beat writers have not posted anything. She is definitely a basketball player. Not clear she is playing basketball for UConn though.

She said she was joining UCONN Nation. She didn’t say she was joining UCONN Women's Basketball. She also said she was waiting (UCONN WBB) maybe hinting that she’s interested in joining the team. Hopefully she’ll be a walk-on.

Reaction Score
1654302358820.jpeg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is this legit? I have not heard of this Nicole before, and the beat writers have not posted anything. She is definitely a basketball player. Not clear she is playing basketball for UConn though.

She'll be a freshman student at UConn in the fall.

It appears she played basketball while at Ursuline hence the "UConnWBB I'm waiting." Maybe she'll contact the team about being a walk-on.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
6’0” forward from Ursuline in New Orleans. Most likely a walk-on. Or walk-on wannabe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky do you know if any UConn coaches are following Chloe Kitts on any social media platform or have UConn coaches contacted or watch Kitts in person?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
@Sluconn Husky do you know if any UConn coaches are following Chloe Kitts on any social media platform or have UConn coaches contacted or watch Kitts in person?

CD started following Kitts a while back, but I don't know where UConn stands with her at all. Kitts' recruitment has been completely buttoned up except for the Louisville visit.

Reaction Score
CD started following Kitts a while back, but I don't know where UConn stands with her at all. Kitts' recruitment has been completely buttoned up except for the Louisville visit.
Thanks. I really like Kitts game however I refuse to become invested in any recruit after the devastation whats her name caused me. JK.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Thanks. I really like Kitts game however I refuse to become invested in any recruit after the devastation whats her name caused me. JK.
That was your fault. ;) You know you should never go all out on an uncommitted recruit. It is an invitation to a major disappointment. I'm hoping for Kitts, but I won't get my hopes up.

Reaction Score
That was your fault. ;) You know you should never go all out on an uncommitted recruit. It is an invitation to a major disappointment. I'm hoping for Kitts, but I won't get my hopes up.
Lesson learned old wise one.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sluconn, I know it's a highlight video and her shots went it as most such videos of POI's, what impressed me the most was her pace. She seemed to be a step or 2 faster and quicker than anyone else on the floor. It will be interesting to see how her game develops. Again, thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Yeah, I like Fiso a lot. I have the same question about her as I do so many other elite PG's UConn has shown interest in for the '24 class: How does that work with KK Arnold coming the year before?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I like Fiso a lot. I have the same question about her as I do so many other elite PG's UConn has shown interest in for the '24 class: How does that work with KK Arnold coming the year before?
I agree, I don't see it working out with the top pure PGs. But of course they have to take a shot in case of an injury or a C.Collier situation comes up with Arnold. Their best route may wind up to be getting the best combo guard they can to cover themselves.

Reaction Score
My part time gig finds me at Sierra Canyon HS once or twice a week. I’m on campus today and asked about their 2 female star basketball players Watkins and Randolph. I was told they will be staying local for college. Info received from a male player in the HS program, another student so nothing confirmed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Speaking of Ashlynn Shade, she was in action yesterday for the Indiana Junior all-stars. Shade had 9 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists. UConn POI Laila Hull had 5 points on 1-8 shooting, and 7 rebounds.

A recap and some highlights below. Shade is #12 in blue.

Reaction Score
Heiden's jumper is smooth, looks quite a bit like Shade's.
What I notice about Shade’s shot is that she’s a leaper. When you watch her games, her athleticism really stands out, especially how strong her legs are. On a jumper, she gets high enough that she doesn’t have to release the ball at the top. Her shooting motion is independent of her jumping motion. This is true of Paige and Azzi, too. But they’re not quite leapers on the scale Shade is. So many of the kids in high school need the momentum of the jump to propel their shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom