Individual Mojo responsibility | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Individual Mojo responsibility

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You didn’t read what I wrote. In your example, you drank scotch you liked, they won. You’re happy. If they lose? You still drink something you really like.

The rolling rock thing was much different than that. It was a collective good luck tonic we all did for the greater good.
I read it. It was self contradictory, conflicting with the first rule. I did what I thought impacted the mojo.

I understand it was different. Because it was organic. It can’t just be recreated. The best mojo creation ideas, like Senor Testiculo, just happen. We saw multiple attempts and suggestions, with nerds and Miller Lite and failed hangings. But they didn’t have the juice.

Based on thread activity and what really affected the mojo, I think it’s a collective desire to prove to Ed Cooley that we deserve the arrogance and will continue to be spoiled. That mojo power gained more strength with his move to Georgetown. If there’s anything organic that we all got behind, it was Ed Cooley after that post game press conference. T-Shirts were made, jokes and memes and now even PC fans fuel the mojo with their disdain for Cooley. Looking for a collective good luck tonic? That’s it.

Reaction Score
I am obligated to have a Jersey Mike’s Italian Combo on game day if the good guys are to win. I am solely responsible for food procurement , cooking, and selection since my wife who also was a UCONN basketball fan passed away so Jersey Mike’s is my food place on UCONN game day. Same for Football games, well maybe this year it will work for football.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Haiku outside of haiku thread feels like bad mojo:confused: Bill Murray please advise

Not a single one
Counts as haiku poetry
Each final line counts six

I'm getting rid of
Excess verbal energy
Before Thursday GameDay

Individual
Mojo takes multiple forms
Thanks, though, for speaking up

Not a bad thing to see when I open my in-laws’ fridge:

View attachment 85576
I wonder what handle they use for lurking.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’m drinking Highland Gaelic Ales. Since our Tournament started on St. Patrick’s day and we played back to back games against teams called Gaels the beer choice seemed like a no brainer. This is a delightful way!

Counter the bad mojo of that dufus @August_West who thought it was a great idea to hang the math nerds. Not only did he ignore signs that the mojo gods were ticked with him about his choice when they prevented his polls from working but he didn’t put two and two together when he couldn’t get his Lowe’s credit card to work purchasing counters at Lowe’s that same day.

So it’s a revenge of the nerds quest I’m on for the sake of the mojo. This has to be the way!

I have spoken!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’m drinking Highland Gaelic Ales. Since our Tournament started on St. Patrick’s day and we played back to back games against teams called Gaels the beer choice seemed like a no brainer. This is a delightful way!

Counter the bad mojo of that dufus @August_West who thought it was a great idea to hang the math nerds. Not only did he ignore signs that the mojo gods were ticked with him about his choice when they prevented his polls from working but he didn’t put two and two together when he couldn’t get his Lowe’s credit card to work purchasing counters at Lowe’s that same day.

So it’s a revenge of the nerds quest I’m on for the sake of the mojo. This has to be the way!

I have spoken!
Bill Murray Groundhog GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I read it. It was self contradictory, conflicting with the first rule. I did what I thought impacted the mojo.

I understand it was different. Because it was organic. It can’t just be recreated. The best mojo creation ideas, like Senor Testiculo, just happen. We saw multiple attempts and suggestions, with nerds and Miller Lite and failed hangings. But they didn’t have the juice.

Based on thread activity and what really affected the mojo, I think it’s a collective desire to prove to Ed Cooley that we deserve the arrogance and will continue to be spoiled. That mojo power gained more strength with his move to Georgetown. If there’s anything organic that we all got behind, it was Ed Cooley after that post game press conference. T-Shirts were made, jokes and memes and now even PC fans fuel the mojo with their disdain for Cooley. Looking for a collective good luck tonic? That’s it.
Irony abounds:
multiple posts on "two cents"
calling for "greater good"

Can't rule from the grave:
"Against perpetuities"
Pretty basic concept

When criticizing
Pursuit of a can't-lose stance
Make sure you aren't as well

It's in the title
Your responsibility
Is individual

It's easy to tell
You take this seriously
Keep writing great haiku

Caringly counted,
the Haiku thread's like free throws
Shot at ninety percent

Reaction Score
Ok so I was thinking today in my regular day before game freak out…this is such a bizarre time of being a sports fan.

I know at 7:15 tomorrow that I have a very regimented and scheduled period of stress. And from that stretch, two things can happen:

(1) 48 Hours of gushing joy before doing it again
(2) Several months of pain and anguish

So to me the Mojo we speak of is really what levels us. I made sure my entire wardrobe and pre game routine were in order a full day in advance. I plan nothing else out for more then about 15 minutes in my life. I feel better knowing I did what I feel is my superstitious part in this journey.

I was explaining this to a friend who is fan of a team who lost last weekend, and he said *** You, enjoy it, im just jealous.

This is all real unhinged stuff, but I know you all feel this right now and reading all your energy is a great thing.

Reaction Score
I have my 6-game, unwashed Grey T/Blue UCONN T shirt from 2014 upstairs. Sealed in a plastic bag, untouched and unwashed from that tournament. I have been holding out. It smells a little funky, maybe like victory. Tomorrow, I am going in.

I wish I was 20 pounds lighter like I was then too. Snug.
Your apostolic

Reaction Score
I am obligated to have a Jersey Mike’s Italian Combo on game day if the good guys are to win. I am solely responsible for food procurement , cooking, and selection since my wife who also was a UCONN basketball fan passed away so Jersey Mike’s is my food place on UCONN game day. Same for Football games, well maybe this year it will work for football.
True fans can carry the mojo of fallen sledmates . I bring something from my good friend who passed at 40,2 years ago. My father 4 weeks ago. And my pup who looked just like the old logo 2 weeks ago. I feel for your loss. This is why our supporters are just different than other big programs. We don’t expect anything and truly appreciate the whole ethos of bleeding blue and not given the respect of being called blue blooded. We just need bazz to show and say “Go Huskies”. LMFG!!!!!

Reaction Score
Being away from home has made me open-minded in trying new sources of mojo that can apply anywhere.

For example, the fridge is stocked with Laughing Cow cheese. I’m bound to eat that crap at some point today…if we win, it’s now an easy part of future mojo.

Mojo is everywhere, you just need to capture it when it’s there.

Anywho, time for an essential part of mojo that can be done anywhere: my daily meditation, this time over a vista in the desert:

FC5B4A4D-3583-4476-BDD5-02851B556526.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Back in the day when micro choices comprised Sam Adams and Harpoon, lots of people actually did enjoy Rolling Rock.
It was called America's Heineken back then. But mostly because they both had that similar skunk taste.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Being away from home has made me open-minded in trying new sources of mojo that can apply anywhere.

For example, the fridge is stocked with Laughing Cow cheese. I’m bound to eat that crap at some point today…if we win, it’s now an easy part of future mojo.

Mojo is everywhere, you just need to capture it when it’s there.

Anywho, time for an essential part of mojo that can be done anywhere: my daily meditation, this time over a vista in the desert:

View attachment 85617
You do realize that if you get bitten by a rattler and we win...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom