Individual Mojo responsibility | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Individual Mojo responsibility

Reaction Score
While Rolling Rock moved from Latrobe to NJ back in 2006, it didn't completely lose its mojo until InBev discontinued brewing in glass tanks for its legendary bottled beer in 2015.

Ah, that explains it then. Thanks for the update.

Reaction Score
It's disgusting, for one. Once a valid alternative was presented I couldn't switch fast enough. Lite's no day at the beach true, but my RR days are over. Miller Lite was the Official Beer of the legendary Gampel $2 Beer Night and as such is mojo-compliant.

I admit I don't drink beer often - maybe two or three times a year on a super hot day, so I certainly am not qualified to critique beer.

Reaction Score
To appease the mojo gods, I’ve been drinking CT-brewed Marlowe lagers and pale ales while watching every single UConn game this season. But Marlowe has left North Haven for Nyack, NY, and I’ve got some more refined beer palates joining me on Thursday night. So… I’ve lined up CT-brewed spon/farmhouse ale and bourbon barrel-aged stouts from Fox Farm, Kent Falls and Marlowe (pre-move).

F0F5177F-A5A9-48AB-9C89-DDE64EB62AB7.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There are degrees to awful. I never light beers. But if I'm offered a Miller Lite, I'll drink it and it's not all that far off from a cheap lawnmower beer. But if I'm offered a Mich Ultra, I'll ask for water.
I'm honestly surprised that the Buffalo Wild Wings only Kolsch from Goose Island is pretty good. Much better than Miller Lite. And a 20oz is $3. We got the bill after the Iona game and 5 of them was $15. It's like going back 30 years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm honestly surprised that the Buffalo Wild Wings only Kolsch from Goose Island is pretty good. Much better than Miller Lite. And a 20oz is $3. We got the bill after the Iona game and 5 of them was $15. It's like going back 30 years.
If it works for you, great. I'll likely never try it as in addition to never buying light beers*, I also never set foot in BWW.

*As posted previously on the beer thread, I did buy a four pack of a locally brewed light pilsner a couple months ago. Wasn't worth it. So "never" is from here forward.

Reaction Score
So here's the funny thing about drinking, Mojo and the rule "if you think it effects the Mojo, it does".

I have always felt when you drink something you really enjoy and think it's delicious? That's an easy out. You drink it, they win? Awesome. You drink it and they lose? At least I had my favorite double IPA 8.9% hazy Goose Golden Monkey!

When you have cancer? They don't give you chemo in a key lime pie. When you have a chest cold, you take nasty tasting medicine. And it works.

I feel like the Rolling Rocks of yore? No one liked them. How could you? But it was a groundswell and it brought the Yard together. If you weren't here? I assure you. It really did. And I do feel like, when you decide "Well, MY mojo is a Makers Mark old fashioned" it really bends the rules to fit your own personal agenda and.....waters down the actual impact. Just my two cents.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So here's the funny thing about drinking, Mojo and the rule "if you think it effects the Mojo, it does".

I have always felt when you drink something you really enjoy and think it's delicious? That's an easy out. You drink it, they win? Awesome. You drink it and they lose? At least I had my favorite double IPA 8.9% hazy Goose Golden Monkey!

When you have cancer? They don't give you chemo in a key lime pie. When you have a chest cold, you take nasty tasting medicine. And it works.

I feel like the Rolling Rocks of yore? No one liked them. How could you? But it was a groundswell and it brought the Yard together. If you weren't here? I assure you. It really did. And I do feel like, when you decide "Well, MY mojo is a Makers Mark old fashioned" it really bends the rules to fit your own personal agenda and.....waters down the actual impact. Just my two cents.
So playing in the tournament is like Chemo? We have to suffer? The first rule remains the first rule. I don’t think any beer I consume affects the mojo. I never drank the Rolling Rocks. When I had some pleated Scotch and we made a comeback? Then it happened a few more times? Well, first rule applied. Couldn’t jinx it. But it’s a comeback beverage when we are down.

For now, my Arrogant and Spoiled T-Shirt under a UConn Hockey jersey is the ticket along with a Shakespeare Henry V inspired Haiku.

I get the power of collective belief being more powerful. But does it require collective action? If the arena in Vegas doesn’t have Miller Lite, are those attending the game hurting the mojo? I feel like we’ve rallied around this team and banished the negativity. The mojo is strong.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I have my 6-game, unwashed Grey T/Blue UCONN T shirt from 2014 upstairs. Sealed in a plastic bag, untouched and unwashed from that tournament. I have been holding out. It smells a little funky, maybe like victory. Tomorrow, I am going in.

I wish I was 20 pounds lighter like I was then too. Snug.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Drinking Rolling Rock showed commitment. In 2014, my local watering hole didn't carry it but the owner agreed to buy a couple cases in advance of the tournament. Nobody else drank it. I felt an obligation to take care of it. It took me a couple months, but I did it!

Reaction Score
So playing in the tournament is like Chemo? We have to suffer? The first rule remains the first rule. I don’t think any beer I consume affects the mojo. I never drank the Rolling Rocks. When I had some pleated Scotch and we made a comeback? Then it happened a few more times? Well, first rule applied. Couldn’t jinx it. But it’s a comeback beverage when we are down.
You didn’t read what I wrote. In your example, you drank scotch you liked, they won. You’re happy. If they lose? You still drink something you really like.

The rolling rock thing was much different than that. It was a collective good luck tonic we all did for the greater good.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Circumstances led us to a place that did not sell Miller Lite. So I sucked down a couple pre-game and went out to the car a half-time for another. You saw how we played in the 2nd half.
Does Miller Lite taste
great, or is it less filling.
Who cares when it's two bucks?

Nope, it's not haiku
Not GameDay til after 12
Then, three words, once, no verbs

Find your own mojo
See you on the other side
As a man of few words

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You didn’t read what I wrote. In your example, you drank scotch you liked, they won. You’re happy. If they lose? You still drink something you really like.
Back in the day when micro choices comprised Sam Adams and Harpoon, lots of people actually did enjoy Rolling Rock.

If it were supposed to be some kind of punishment, then the wings should only have been consumed dripping in Carolina Reaper sauce.

Reaction Score
Does Miller Lite taste
great, or is it less filling.
Who cares when it's two bucks?

Nope, it's not haiku
Not GameDay til after 12
Then, three words, once, no verbs

Find your own mojo
See you on the other side
As a man of few words
Haiku outside of haiku thread feels like bad mojo:confused: Bill Murray please advise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom