Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
UConn is playing out of their minds now. The defensive effort to hold Gonzaga to 54 points is amazing. It doesn't even seem to be just straight up defense. It seems like when the UConn goes on those big runs and keeps the other team from scoring for long stretches they get their opponent so out of sync and screwed up they can't do anything right. Approaching the half when the game was still tight I told my wife they were going to blow the game open any minute because they were getting great looks the whole way but the shots weren't falling yet. Then the shots started falling.

Reaction Score
His line wasn’t great but Tristen played a solid game last night.

He drew the first 3 fouls in Timme and broke the game open. First, he pushed off a missed FT and set up Hawk for an open 3 and next possession caused a deflection which resulted in Alleyne’s 3 point play.

12 point game to 18 and it was over.

Reaction Score
Clingan got called for some phantom fouls but man he had a clutch game. Just about everybody did. I have no idea how Sanogo is even running the court without cramping up. We, must have some insane nutritionist keeping him going.
If not for the sympathy foul calls and garbage time points we basically held them to like 10 points in the second half

Reaction Score
How can I possibly put a page of thoughts into a few words? I'll adjust.
Our transfers went through a long season of adjusting and are now contributing like big stage vets.
Freshmen AK and DC have crazily exceeded what freshmen are supposed to provide.
AJax is the biggest force in college basketball and is already a legend.
Hawk answers the bird call again and again.
Elite coaching matters. What a staff we have.
Get aboard the steam roller to Houston. It's gonna be a hot ride!

Reaction Score
Remember when Providence fans thought their team was better than UConn this season? I do.
Ya gotta admit, back in January we were in a serious funk. Close road losses to the Big East heavyweights, horrible losses to St John’s & Seton Hall. Fortunately we got our groove back and looked like the Nov-Dec Huskies again.

The March Huskies are looking pretty darn awesome. Peaking at just the right time.

Reaction Score
Yes Texas scares me. They have the talent level to match us. Nobody else really does.

And they would be playing essentially a home game. We saw how that went against MSU years ago.
Did MSU win the title that year? That was also a home game for them, but they got crushed by UNC.

I am not at all afraid of Texas. Bring them on.

Reaction Score
Yeah UConn isn’t 32 points better than Gonzaga. No team is as bad as they are when they get blown out and no team is as good as they are when they blow out others.

having said all of that UConn deserves to relish in the glory. The players have put in so much hard work and fought through adversity.
Oh well it’s none of our business what went on with Gonzaga, can only control what we do. We shouldn’t have any guilt for winning by as much as we did.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ya gotta admit, back in January we were in a serious funk. Close road losses to the Big East heavyweights, horrible losses to St John’s & Seton Hall. Fortunately we got our groove back and looked like the Nov-Dec Huskies again.

The March Huskies are looking pretty darn awesome. Peaking at just the right time.

UConn was in the tough part of its schedule, and it lost a couple of stinkers to Seton Hall and St. Johns.

Providence, on the other hand, got completely exposed. There were multiple threads on this board where many posters pointed out the officiating issues at the Dunk as being the reason for Providence's "success". Put them on the road, and they suck. Now Providence went home early, Cooley is $2MM/year richer at a better program, and PC is on the fast track to irrelevancy where they belong.

Reaction Score
UConn was in the tough part of its schedule, and it lost a couple of stinkers to Seton Hall and St. Johns.

Providence, on the other hand, got completely exposed. There were multiple threads on this board where many posters pointed out the officiating issues at the Dunk as being the reason for Providence's "success". Put them on the road, and they suck. Now Providence went home early, Cooley is $2MM/year richer at a better program, and PC is on the fast track to irrelevancy where they belong.
LOL, I like Providence as much as I like BC which is as much as getting a poke in the eye.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
I deserve to get it shoved in my face for doubting AJ when things were going bad. Guy really showed what he's made of. He's a baller.
Andre told my 9 yo that all he's ever wanted to do is play basketball and that he knew he had to keep working harder so he could earn a living playing ball. That was perfect because I've never seen anyone work harder on the court. He then signed a ball for him, and gave him a huge bro hug. Unforgettable.

Reaction Score
We basically ripped out Gonzaga's heart. The game had ten minutes to go and they had nothing in the tank. Just complete annihnilation.
Yes you could tell that by the 12 minute mark or so when I suspect reality was sinking in they started going through the motions. IMO….

Reaction Score
Let’s go back to the end of the first have before we closed with Karaban’s 3. This was a tight game and we were shooting badly at 31% from 3 and about 40% overall. Sanogo had missed a ton of chippies from 2 feet. Had anything clicked we would have been up 15 in the first half but we were pleased and said we would shoot better. We did. Our defense spurred that barrage of 3’s and then game over.

Reaction Score
I think it was a nothing burger, cuz Timme wasn't really a factor at all. In fact, had he not been called for that foul, he'd have done something stupid a few minutes later to earn a 4th foul.
Timme played over 30 minutes, it wasn't like he wasn't on the floor. Look what happened to Edwards sitting on the bench for all of the NCAA games. That was a real factor. Timme didn't match up well with our bigs. Case closed!

Reaction Score
I have visions of Andre Jackson hoisting the championship trophy in a little over a week saying “this is what happens when you underseed us!”

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Such an awesome f#$%ing miniseries (I own it on blue ray and watch at least once a year).

I am am cautiously optimistic about a few things but location of the finals is not a concern.

Reaction Score

UConn lost lots of BE games. Any truth to referees incompetent or bias behavior? UConn seems to perform well outside the BE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom