Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
He pushed AJ in the neck with his forearm. I doubt it was intentional but it doesn't need to be intentional to be a foul. Anytime anyone does something like that in a ref's vision it will be called.
Hey, Ajax sold it and the ref was buying...

Reaction Score
Many of you have expressed concerns about Coach Hurley's play calling in the final minutes of tight games. I do hope he puts those to rest eventually.

In the meantime, I'm fine with his workaround of completely annihilating every would be opponent.
7fw523.jpg

Reaction Score
His first should have been at about 19:52 of the first half when he hit Jackson on the lob we ran off the opening tip. A pretty obvious foul with a ref staring at the play from three feet away. There’s a reason Andre didn’t convert.
That is an absolute fact. If Barkley had his way, that would explain that no-call. Terrible

Reaction Score
And they play very rugged defense, too. Don’t sleep on Miami. Their offense is straight fire. They sliced up a really good Houston defense.
Miami & larragna scare me. George mason in 06 i think. We had great team & he out coached calhoun. One of very very best

Reaction Score
Andre just gave a fantastic interview. Congratulations Andre, so impressive
Truly was a fantastic interview. He represents UConn so well and takes such pride in being a UConn player. I especially loved how he had Hawkins back in the interview, "Lottery Pick" is how he referred to him I believe. He also had his back on the court when Hawkins missed the dunk, AJ got him the ball for his three.

Reaction Score
Many of you have expressed concerns about Coach Hurley's play calling in the final minutes of tight games. I do hope he puts those to rest eventually.

In the meantime, I'm fine with his workaround of completely annihilating every would be opponent.
Uh "Final Min of Tight Games"...Great calls putting in walk-ons up 30 final min of game? LOL

Hopefully, though this will put the Hurley bashers to rest!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Well Bobby tried to help us with that pass to Tate George. If Tate had held on to it there would have been no last second shot made by Laetner
Yeah, but K distracted Tate as the ball was arriving.

pj

Reaction Score
1967 UCLA went 30-0 undefeated with Kareem and 1999 Duke is considered the best team to not win a title (and by many the best team of the last 30 years even without the title). It's incredible company.

The NCAA tourney was only 4 games long in 1967. In 1999, Duke won the semifinal by 6 before losing the final. If we keep this up we'll make our own company.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah, the refs went through a brief stretch where they were calling phantom fouls on UCONN just because they thought it was impossible to dominate a team like that.

The crazy thing was, even though the refs gave the Zags free throws every possession for a while, the lead didn't diminish.

The refs threw in the towel when they saw that.

Reaction Score
Remember when Providence fans thought their team was better than UConn this season? I do.
They were better for about 5 minutes at the Dunk center
Now they're gonna be scraping for a 10th place finish in the Big East for the next 4 years

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They were better for about 5 minutes at the Dunk center
Now they're gonna be scraping for a 10th place finish in the Big East for the next 4 years

Providence's season trajectory validates everyone's complaints about the officiating at the Dunk. Providence sucked on the road, and their inflated record was clearly a product of home-cooking officiating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom