Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Yes you could tell that by the 12 minute mark or so when I suspect reality was sinking in they started going through the motions. IMO….
Yeah, about the time they switched to the zone. No chance that would speed up the game and help them comeback, and they way we were shooting, it wouldn't have helped anyhow. Just a total surrender move

Reaction Score
That was his 3rd. The 4th was the charge that Tristen took.
3rd, 4th, not much difference to me. My point was he committed the foul right in front of a ref, the ref blew the whistle, and Sir Charles thinks the refs are supposed to keep count of how many fouls the star players have.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Miami & larragna scare me. George mason in 06 i think. We had great team & he out coached calhoun. One of very very best
Whoever we face next week will have a few days to pour through the tape of our four tournament games. I don't think we'll be the one's who are scared.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That was an amazing play. Andre came out of nowhere to make that play. Hands down my favorite moment of the game, and probably the tournament so far.

When saw that pass, I though, "Oh ! Turnover."

Then out of nowhere, Jackson flies across the TV screen, catch, pass, dagger!

Can't wait to see what this team will do next.
Literally a superhuman play. Not even Nadav anticipated a play to that degree!

Good to see Dog.

I have spoken!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Playing Texas in Houston will be no picnic.
2009 was not on the crowd. It was on the fact that our best scorer didn't play. The crowd is not as big a deal in a football stadium.

Reaction Score
Providence's season trajectory validates everyone's complaints about the officiating at the Dunk. Providence sucked on the road, and their inflated record was clearly a product of home-cooking officiating.
Mmmm, gonna respectfully disagree here. PC was better at home (like most teams are) but the home Ws weren’t all due to favorable officiating. I think they were a well above average team, but the coaching fiasco that occurred down the stretch screwed that whole team up. I believe that’s why they were a bad team the last several weeks. The head coach puts his home up for sale and does nothing to refute the rumors swirling around him (he actually made it worse). I’m not surprised the team fell apart. I hope their new coach works out, we need the Big East to have 6, 7, or 8 teams balling out and getting ncaa bids and put this “Power 5“
baloney in basketball put to rest.
GO HUSKIES!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
'That should count as a steal and an assist. If he didn't intercept that pass, it was going straight to Gonzaga.
I'm in such a good mood that it doesn't bother me that outsiders compared that play to Jeter.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It is a little sad when a star walks off the court for the last time in the Tournament. 67 teams that made the NCAA Tournament will end their season with a loss, as will 31 NIT Teams. If your team didn't make one of those tournaments, then the season was already considered a failure and disappointment, and most players consider the NIT a disappointment. My point is that most players will end their college career with a negative outcome. It is just the nature of a single elimination tournament.

Timme was one of the best players in the country, and probably played his last college game tonight. While I enjoyed UConn stomping Gonzaga tonight, I also remember Kevin Freeman's last game, under similar circumstances in 2000. Tennessee stomped UConn in Freeman's last game, and I remember how sad it was to see his season end that way. I can clearly picture Calhoun meeting him in front of the scorer's table for a hug.
Yes. But this one was less painful for me than that one!

I have spoken!

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Still not a "Blue Blood"
And never will be. It's a closed group. Who cares. Change the rules, change the game. The rules have changed. NIL...Portal...Perhaps the billionaire Derby winner boosters in KY don't have the same influence now. Time will tell. Let's see what this looks like in another decade when the little baller kids watching this tournament are choosing to attend UConn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We basically ripped out Gonzaga's heart. The game had ten minutes to go and they had nothing in the tank. Just complete annihnilation.
3 minutes into the second half, they knew they were sunk. Even Van Gundy vocally stated how impossible it was to come back with 4 fouls on Timme.

That charge into Tristen (his 3rd) was brainless. And sealed their fate.

Reaction Score
Haha. Love it. Thanks for posting this. I'm stealing it for my profile.
For the record he said that after the Oklahoma State game. But I feel like it should be more famous. And definitely applies here too.

Reaction Score
3 minutes into the second half, they knew they were sunk. Even Van Gundy vocally stated how impossible it was to come back with 4 fouls on Timme.

That charge into Tristen (his 3rd) was brainless. And sealed their fate.

It was also great predictive defense by Newton. That dude outweighs him by 50+ pounds, and he took the hit.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Texas scares me now

bill-murray-warren-oates.gif

Reaction Score
Most underrated play of the game was clingans block on timme early in the 1st, set the tone that this is our gosh darn paint.

Also… is there a worse team in NCAA at throwing alley oops???? Our percentage on those has to be awful.

Reaction Score
He played 31 minutes and stunk
Right. And he sat the last two minutes of the game when Few put the bench players in.

Taking that into account, Timme only sat for 7 minutes of actual gametime.

Contrast that to minutes played by all players on both teams and Timme played more minutes than every player except Hawkins, who played 33 minutes.

Reaction Score
3rd, 4th, not much difference to me. My point was he committed the foul right in front of a ref, the ref blew the whistle, and Sir Charles thinks the refs are supposed to keep count of how many fouls the star players have.
What he said about protecting star players is true for the NBA.

The NBA bases their business model on being entertainment first and foremost. Not athletic competition. They’re one small step above professional wrestling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom